• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

If we think Haskins is the guy, then Gruden needs to go asap

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh1vuHIuVf8

Gruden has shown he didnt want Haskins, hasnt worked with him, put together game plans exposing him to getting hit a lot, he has shown that he knows he is a lame duck, we arent gonna win much and he is gone one way or the other. I say bring in someone to work with Haskins, run max pro, simplfiy things get the ball out quick, run even if we arent great at it, accept that and develop haskins, see what we have for young guys.

Otherwise let gruden stay and watch him ruin haskins

The odds of this happening are pretty good over the next few weeks. I hope it is this Monday.

Yup. Gruden needs to go. He's a freaking petulant child. We need to get Haskins experience and we need someone who will put his interests first.

Gruden believes his system allows for a career backup in McCoy to compete and win in the NFL as a starter here.

He believed that when Kirk was negotiating his way to free agency, he believed that before and after the trade for Alex Smith.

He is as alone in that belief as Josh McDaniels was about Tim Tebow.

This type of tunnel vision is more frequent in the NFL than one might think.

Coaches get so wrapped up in their own ‘group think' and fail to maintain any sort of rational detachment from process to see things as they are.

Remember Shanahan at the press conference restating his position that he was confident John Beck could be a starting qb in the NFL?

I know that was news to Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens who had him in camp before trading him to DC for a bag of donuts.

All I had to do was watch Beck in one NFL game to know he didn't have the arm or mental makeup to be an NFL regular.

But there was a Super Bowl winning coach standing up and saying it was so.

Here with McCoy we need to stop the bleeding and acknowledge that the 2019 season is indeed our bottoming out point with Gruden.

We need to fix this now and not wait until 2020 to get started on the future.

We aren't going to enjoy an easy climb out of this hole and the longer we wait the harder and longer the path will be.

Gruden believes his system allows for a career backup in McCoy to compete and win in the NFL as a starter here.

He believed that when Kirk was negotiating his way to free agency, he believed that before and after the trade for Alex Smith.

He is as alone in that belief as Josh McDaniels was about Tim Tebow.

This type of tunnel vision is more frequent in the NFL than one might think.

Coaches get so wrapped up in their own ‘group think' and fail to maintain any sort of rational detachment from process to see things as they are.

Remember Shanahan at the press conference restating his position that he was confident John Beck could be a starting qb in the NFL?

I know that was news to Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens who had him in camp before trading him to DC for a bag of donuts.

All I had to do was watch Beck in one NFL game to know he didn't have the arm or mental makeup to be an NFL regular.

But there was a Super Bowl winning coach standing up and saying it was so.

Here with McCoy we need to stop the bleeding and acknowledge that the 2019 season is indeed our bottoming out point with Gruden.

We need to fix this now and not wait until 2020 to get started on the future.

We aren't going to enjoy an easy climb out of this hole and the longer we wait the harder and longer the path will be.

We've been in a hole for 20 years. As long as Snyder fails to hire someone competent and give him the reins...there will be no climb out of the hole.

A competent GM would not take that long to right the ship given free reign to do so.

What we're looking at here is a 70's NY Giants situation, where the league had to step in and appoint a GM in George Young to take over to save the club from itself.
More and more it looks like that's what it's going to take in order to save Snyder from himself.

Look - we're mired in misery. But we've seen nothing like 'the 70's Giants' who had 6/7 seasons of 5 wins or less. We've had 5 of those seasons in a 20 year stretch. A fair assessment is that we've been a .500 ball club that has been unable to make the playoffs and typically fades down the stretch. We have mostly been irrelevant, so perhaps it has been just as unsatisfying and frustrating. But we have not been the worst team in the league (or even close to it) for the entire Snyder era.

That's not to say that the results haven't been totally unacceptable and that we are aren't in one of the worst seasons in recent memory. They are. And we are.

And yeah - even I get it. It doesn't really matter. Really bad vs. historically bad.

Look - we're mired in misery. But we've seen nothing like 'the 70's Giants' who had 6/7 seasons of 5 wins or less. We've had 5 of those seasons in a 20 year stretch. A fair assessment is that we've been a .500 ball club that has been unable to make the playoffs and typically fades down the stretch. We have mostly been irrelevant, so perhaps it has been just as unsatisfying and frustrating. But we have not been the worst team in the league (or even close to it) for the entire Snyder era.

That's not to say that the results haven't been totally unacceptable and that we are aren't in one of the worst seasons in recent memory. They are. And we are.

Oh I think we all know this is about more than just one bad season. 0-5 just means the window has closed on the Jon Gruden Era. An Era that peaked at 9-7 and a first round playoff loss. And arguably the longest stretch of sustained excellence of the Dan Snyder Era, namely, two winning seasons (9-7, 8-7-1) and two more season of not losing 10 or more games. In 20 years, that is the BEST the Redskins have to offer us. And after 20 years I think it's safe to say there's no reason to expect any higher peak (we have never won more than 10 games since Snyder took over), while the valley continues to get lower (5-11 in 2003) and lower (4-12 in 2009) and lower (3-13 in 2013) ... are we going to win three this season? I think that's even money at this point.

So the point is why would we expect better than what we've seen since 1999? A 9 or 10 win season and an early playoff loss, followed by another descent into the depths of incompetence, embarrassment and, finally, 'blow the whole thing up.'

New coach? We've had seven of them. New hotshot rookie QB? Haskens makes five.

I know you know all this, Boone. And I know you're trying to keep us grounded, and I actually appreciate it. But I think I agree with DieselPwr44 here. I pretty much did before the season started but I really do now. Until Snyder goes, we're just rearranging the chairs on the Titanic.

I still shudder when I hear ‘winning' season and people are talking about 8-7-1.

That's how bad it is.

I was so angry at one point today with Colt in the game showing us nothing, my wife texted me the Pacino speech from Scent of a Woman where he says:

‘The spirit here at Baird is dead. I don't care who went here, William Jennings Brian or William Howard Taft. If I were younger and not so ****ing blind I would take a flamethrower to this place' ðŸ'¿

I believe the OP is 100 percent correct.
We need to get the right coach for Haskins ASAP.

Gruden needs to go even if Haskins isn't ​the answer.

Define "or even close to it." If your measure is total number of wins, see if there's any way you can compile that figure for the whole league under Snyder's tenure. I think you'll find the Redskins to be in the bottom quarter of the league.

watching Kerrigan being misused annoys me as well, he is regressing, they play him in coverage way too much, he is a terrible open field tackler, and cant cover anyone, but he is an excellent edge rusher who can keep contain. watching his regression is too much. we have a lot of guys who can play different spots on the Oline but we are making them play in a scheme that is just garbage.

I wonder if McCoy is joining Gruden on the night bus out of town?

He's tied in so closely with Gruden I don't know if there is any value in keeping him around to work with Haskins.

Keenum if healthy is a better option and if necessary we should reach out to sign another qb.

And yeah - even I get it. It doesn't really matter. Really bad vs. historically bad.

Face it brother, the Redskins have moved on from Wino Bad to Junkie Bad.

This isn't "no talent" bad, but rather "seriously wasted talent" bad.

I sat down last night and wrote a post for Behind Enemy Lines riffing off your Wino Bad blog from a decade ago. It was rife with some brutal alliteration and I had every intention of putting it up this morning, but in the cold light of day, I scared myself with it (might have been the line about trading a back-alley hand-job for a hit of Vicks 44 but that wasn't even the darkest image).

Then I saw the news about Gruden, which would have had me re-writing half the piece anyway.

Honestly, is there an action more symptomatic of organizational failure than the firing of an NFL Head Coach so early in the season? No sport has a shorter year than football. Hell, even my 10-year-old daughter will play more soccer matches this year than the Skins. A team firing its head coach prior to completing a third of its season indicates a complete failure to have even the vaguest clue of where they are as a club. Firing the coach now is a direct admission that the coach should have been fired at the end of the last season and you blew it.

We are bad. Real bad.

Plenty of folks complaining about our lemons.

Me, I'm excited for some lemonade.

Whatever happens, we are closer to righting the ship, today, than we were yesterday.

Plenty of folks complaining about our lemons.

Me, I'm excited for some lemonade.

Whatever happens, we are closer to righting the ship, today, than we were yesterday.

With respect Ax...No, we aren't.

The same guys are making the decisions, and neither of them has ever made a good football decision.

With respect Ax...No, we aren't.

The same guys are making the decisions, and neither of them has ever made a good football decision.

With equal respect, yes we are.

Nothing good could even approach happening until Gruden was fired.

The day is coming when the pendulum swing the other way for our team. Whether any of us are still alive is certainly debatable.
But we are, one day closer, to that day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.