• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Perfect Storm

Ax

In what will be the upset of the decade, the Washington Redskins will defeat the World Champion New England Patriots, this coming Sunday, October 6, 2019, at FedEx Field. It's a lock.

Okay, get up off the ground. You can stop laughing.
Yeah, hahaha. Really. Stop laughing. Hear me out.

One of the most infuriating things about Gruden's tenure here, of which there are many, is losing games we should not. There have been many. Far too many. There seems to be an average of 2-3 per season. It's a consistency we all wish weren't so. But, it is.

However, even though it happens far less often, we have pulled a rabbit out of our ass from time to time. I recall one in particular, when we had to travel to Seattle missing 3 out of 5 starting Olinemen. Nobody in the country, including this board, gave us a snowball's chance in hell of winning that game, on the road, shorthanded, against The Legion of Doom. There have been more. But none that will be as shocking as this win Sunday will be.

This is Gruden's swan song season. Fate will step in to give him, and his most ardent supporters, ammo to argue against his removal. He needs a couple things to guarantee the win. I believe he will get them.

1. He needs to start Colt McCoy. If he does, Colt will play the game of his life. Supplanting his win over Dallas on that Monday night. Colt will show off Gruden's system, at it's best. Gruden might even enter our winning locker room shouting, "You Like That", after the triumph. He will strut like a rooster. His post game presser will be filled with indirect I told you so's, and "How Do You Like Me Now's". For everybody, myself included, that wants him gone, this will be the last thing we want to see. Not the win, mind you. We all want that. Unless you're some kind of closet Cowboy fan in love with your sister/aunt, who kills baby ducks with a sledgehammer. No, we will hate to see Gruden given any reason to be retained. We'll all be elated that Colt played well, and he didn't get hurt. Maybe there is hope after all.

2. We need the Patriots to hold true to form. I know, you're asking yourself, "How the hell can the Patriots holding true to form be anything but a disaster for our guys come Sunday. Well then, let me splain something to you, Lucy.

The Patriots are known for taking away what their opponent does best. And what does Gruden's team do best?
You got it....lose!
That's right boys and girls, the Patriots are going to take away what we do best.
And that means, we win on Sunday. Book it!

Of course, the price we pay to the Football Gods for such a shocking win?
Colt McCoy will break his other leg pulling on his socks up in the locker room after the game.
Miami will kick our ass the following week.

That's our Jay.

The bottom line though is that after six years one game should not determine a coach's future.

Gruden's body of work shows us that he is not a born organizer or motivator. He is not a coach that is going to lead a program to sustained success.

On that basis he needs to go.

The only perfect storm I see is a Patriots team that is rebounding off a mistake filled game against Buffalo where they didn't score an offensive touchdown.

That despite the win will have Belichick and Co up until 3am ensuring they gameplan to beat Washington and regain their focus.

Gruden will help with his predictability.

Sure he does. But there's nothing wrong with beating the Patriots before he goes.

Hell, we're gonna do our damnedest to give them the game. But fate won't have it.

1-4 baby!!!

I guarantee you we are everyone's survivor pool pick this week. :)

That said, I love the optimism. Gruden, like Norv Turner before him, manages to do just enough to not get fired. A win Sunday would certainly be in keeping with that pattern.

I seriously doubt it happens, though. I think Gruden's number is up.

Bring in the next victim!

The bottom line though is that after six years one game should not determine a coach's future.

Gruden's body of work shows us that he is not a born organizer or motivator. He is not a coach that is going to lead a program to sustained success.

On that basis he needs to go.

The only perfect storm I see is a Patriots team that is rebounding off a mistake filled game against Buffalo where they didn't score an offensive touchdown.

That despite the win will have Belichick and Co up until 3am ensuring they gameplan to beat Washington and regain their focus.

Gruden will help with his predictability.

Yep, We're gonna be the homecoming team for NE. Belichick will dial up every pass play in the book just to make sure they can run it right and in the meantime use us for tackling dummys

This game is going to be the Pats playing against Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle High School.

No way the Pats leave Maryland without a 30-point victory.

The Patriots get back Ben Watson this week at TE.

We know the Redskins never are able to cover the TE, so I would expect this is going to be a major point of emphasis for Brady and Co. early in the game.

It will be interesting to see if the Redskins do actually TRY and defend the TE by preventing his unfettered release off the line on key passing downs.

The Patriots get back Ben Watson this week at TE.

We know the Redskins never are able to cover the TE, so I would expect this is going to be a major point of emphasis for Brady and Co. early in the game.

It will be interesting to see if the Redskins do actually TRY and defend the TE by preventing his unfettered release off the line on key passing downs.

Well, I'm sure we're going to win.
Most of you seem sure we won't.

Maybe a non-monetary wager should be discussed?

Good for your faith.

But I have seen this picture show before with Zorn, Spurrier, and Norv.

Belichick doesn't have to be a genius here.

A simple look at the first 4 games shows the Redskins continually fail to execute certain plays.

So until they do teams will continue to run them.

Defensively even more than offensively this team has not been NFL caliber.

Yes, the Bills challenged Brady and Co but Buffalo May have the best defense in the AFC.

We don't have those players and coaches.

Every season the Pats drop a game against a surprise opponent they should beat.

Why not us? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually those type of trap games for most good teams are the ones in the division because division rivals know your tendencies and personnel best and you rarely have to motivate players from say Philly to get up to play Dallas even if Philly is having a poor season.

We play NE so infrequently it really is a quick turnaround in 4 days exercise in gameplanning.

In that type of environment I give Belichick and his staff a big advantage.

The morning ritual (it is Monday) for me: Wake up, take a leak, turn on computer, make coffee, sit in front of computer and see how much we lost by, watch 'highlights' of the game, ask myself 'will NE ever get out of 2nd gear'?, read BGO, go back to bed (probably).

Will be doing the same for the remainder of the season.

The real drama is when Jay will finally be put out of his misery.

They keep trotting him out there to explain the unexplainable.

If he had any valuable ideas he would have used them during the game.

His butt boy Colt didn't generate any more offense than Case or Dwayne.

You could make the argument that Case through 3.5 games was far better than Colt.

I don't think the Redskins passed the Patriots 20 yard line in a sustained drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.