• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blow it up

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
we are not "real close" we are not "just a couple players away" we suck, we have huge holes in the Oline, we have some holes in the secondary, we seem to have found one decent young receiver, we have some injury prone young backs who will have one more season to get their shit together.

I say trade williams and Norman while they have any value whatsoever. trade Kerrigan if he doesnt improve the next week or so. start stockpiling picks, and like I said in another thread trade williams and norman for a player like Jalen ramsay who is a very good corner. I doubt anyone will trade a starting calibre LT so that will have to wait for the offseason. for now, start raiding other teams practice rosters for Olinemen, give them a weeks audition and if they pan out keep them, if not boot em.

going into next year we will have
a solid prospect at QB
2 solid but injury prone young running backs and an aging vet who can mentor them
1 stud young rec and 3 question marks
1 decent but aging TE
we need an entire revamp on the Oline, the only player worth keeping is scherff but not if he wants ridiculous money. if so trade him, because you dont pay mvp money to a guard unless he is the final piece of the puzzle and we have no puzzle.

we have a solid group on the Dline, but we need a dline focused DC, who will get the most out of them.
we need linebackers
we need at least one corner probably 2 if norman keeps regressing
we need a free safety centrefielder to match with landon.

thats a lot of holes, so I say screw it, blow it up, trade the guys who are not gonna be around in 3-4 seasons when we could finally be good, get some damn coordinators in here who can game plan, get a better talent evaluator and give us a reason to hope because this team isnt even on life support, its circling the drain

Failure to properly evaluate the on field talent has been a consistent flaw at Redskins Park.

1. This team doesn't really have the front seven personnel to play the 3-4. We don't stop the run and can't get any rush from the outside backers.

2. Josh Norman is not a lead cornerback. Norman continues to prove on the field his contract signed after 2015 was a mistake. His 4.65 speed is exposed on the outside and his refusal to take responsibility for any of the coverages he is beaten on has become a joke to everyone watching his last 18-20 games.

3. The Redskins offensive line is not one of the best units in the NFL. Trent Williams at 31 has faced injury problems the past couple of years and the right side combo of Scherff and Moses have regressed and are having issues with consistent execution. By my last reading PFF placed Rouillier in the 18-20 range of centers in the NFL.

This line with or without Williams is not top 10, it might not be top 15.

You can't tell Bruce that.

4. The Redskins are not close and a good start for that reality is the situation at quarterback. The team has two career backups in Keenum and McCoy along with a rookie who needs capable coaching and development. McCoy has only started a handful of games since 2014 and can't stay healthy.

The Redskins quarterbacks as a group at the present time without seeing any development of Haskins is among the worst in the NFC - all apologies for Bruce for Case and Jay for Colt.

5. The Redskins have far fewer impact playmakers than their NFC rivals. In 2019 McLaurin has really been the only consistent impact performer although when healthy you can add in Allen and Collins on defense. That's 3 players.

The Cowboys have Prescott, Elliott, Cooper, Witten and at least two superior OL in Martin and returning center Travis Frederick. Smith and Collins are solid at OT, and Collins at 23 may reach Martin's level soon.

On defense, the Cowboys have Lawrence, Vander Esch, Jaylon Smith and versatile DB Byron Jones.

That's at least 3 or 4 impact players on both sides of the ball.

If they lose today, which they probably will, I'm all for trading away just about everyone over 27 year old that has any trade value. Norman, Kerrigan et al. Give the next coach a load of draft picks with work with next year. Although, if Lord Farguaad keeps Allen, it won't matter even if we do that

Yeah, and everybody else will tank it for the rest of the season.
Killing the attitude of the younger guys.
Forcing them to just concentrate on getting paid.
Worst possible way to start a career.

If they lose today, which is one of the three games they should win, I submit that will happen anyway

Having 4 backup olinemen and 1 who's struggling mightily starting today, removes any pretense that we "should" win this game.

Whether anyone wants to believe that, or not.

The Redskins were going to start Flowers whether Williams was here or not.

Morgan Moses is simply failing to execute and play with good technique.

Scherff also has been subpar before the injury compared to 2016 and 2017.

These are the realities in 2019 heading INTO the season before Game 1.

The other reality is the Redskins for the second year in a row are counting on a street free agent and journeyman in Tony Bergstrom to be the first man off the bench when there are injuries.

He's a smart guy and can learn multiple roles, the problem is he is not strong or particularly quick so the question to be asked is how he is supposed to win on the field on Sundays?

The truth is Bergstrom is a regular member of this line now because the Redskins have failed to upgrade.

You can feel sorry for the team turning to Tony but that was their PLAN all along at the interior positions.

And if the Redskins had drafted better than Geron Christian the team might have had a younger alternative to signing Penn.

Although the joke so far is the Penn and Flowers side has graded out ABOVE the Scherff and Moses side in games.

So , whatever soup the team finds itself in is of its own making.

I am sick of people making excuses for coaches and front office personnel that fail to adequately do their jobs.

peanuts-football.jpgpeanuts-football.jpg

Yeah, and everybody else will tank it for the rest of the season.
Killing the attitude of the younger guys.
Forcing them to just concentrate on getting paid.
Worst possible way to start a career.

And playing with a toxic coach, who doesn't even want to be here anymore will help mold the attitudes of those players?

The sooner Grudusky goes the better. Can we send Bruce to Tampa and have him keel hauled under the stadium boat? Or a real one?

Our players simply don't execute. This team simply doesn't seem to have enough athletes to compete. The coaching staff can't lead and creatively adapt. The FO has been orchestrating this chaos for years if not decades.

After all these years, the ultimate "one" responsible for all of this, The Daniel, simply doesn't have a clue. Building a successful organizational structure and everything that goes with vision, culture and the rest of the over-arching "environment" simply isn't his long-suit.

Enough is enough. Dan's singular legacy is writing itself - kiling the fanbase.

Will Geron Christian ever be ready?
Will Sprinkle ever not drop a crucial pass?
Will Sweat ever stay unblocked?

I'm just getting started.

Kerrigan was manhandled again today.

We have the worst head coach and by far the worst defensive coordinator in the nfl.

And Rob Ryan was hired to be a defensive assistant after his defenses in his last stops were among the worst in the NFL.

Jay Gruden was an OC from a team in Cincinnati that could not win a postseason game, in part because his scheme was too pass reliant and the Bengals didn't have the ground game to wear opponents down and manage the clock.

Sound familiar?

We bring in guys that are second tier hires and then wonder why we don't develop in to Patriots or Seahawks organizations.

exactly.

I would rather see us trade every older player in a fire sale, and bring in someone who is willing to take their lumps. watching haskins today made me puke, on what planet is the Giants rookie a better prospect? but it all boils down to scheming and coahing a great coach schemes to hide weakness and accent strength, when was the last time we did that? our personelle is better suited to a attack style 4-3 but e insist on running these idiot 3-4 schemes., im about done

Yeah, I don't get sitting Haskins for several more weeks to watch other qbs starting and lose 30-0.

Those are learning opportunities for Haskins and the other younger players.

Starting Haskins now likely means he won't finish the season standing up.

Until Gruden is gone, we need to keep his cooties away from Haskins.

Ok. I can see this line of reasoning.

But to me Gruden needs to go now or after the New England game.

That will give O'Connell 11 weeks to work with the qbs and get Haskins on the field down the line with enough games left in the season for him to get a head start on 2020.

If the team wants to elevate Callahan as an interim that's fine.

But we can't simply bury our heads in the sand while Jay talks about turning it around and having a season.

That ship has sailed.

And while I blame Allen for a lot of the lead up to this I also recognize that a truly quality staff could get these players prepared well enough to at least be respectable.

I had this team down for 7-9 in 2019 and I believe a Reid or Belichick would have this team somewhere in that area.

The fact Gruden is headed towards 2 or 3 wins is largely on him and some of the injured players he continued to count on beyond the bounds of rationality.

I agree that at a minimum, Gruden and Manusky need to be gone before the day is through.
My guess is, neither will be. If they don't do it now, they're not going to.

I'm also not ready to just hand the reigns over to O'Connell. Based off what?
I'd rather see Callahan elevated the IHC. Let him decided who to elevate to where.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.