• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blow it up

Indeed. It all needs to be blown up. Not counting on it, but maaaaaaaaaybe the complete level of failure for this season, and seeing all the fans have checked out will finally get Dan to fire his bff, Bruce. Otherwise, Bruce will just replace Jay with another equivalent loser coach.

At least there is not another Gruden brother to hire 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

After 6 years Norv had the Redskins at 10-6 and in the playoffs FINALLY. We actually won a playoff game!

Gruden and Co. seem to be headed in the wrong direction the longer this Greek tragedy plays out.

Gruden would have been gone after year 3 had not Sean McVay been running the offense. McVay goes and our offense is in the toilet.

It is inconceivable to me that the Redskins are a clearing house for newly minted NFL coaches but have kept Gruden on staff for 6 years.

Around the NFL the only coaches that get a 6 or 7 year term anymore are those that take a team to the Super Bowl like Harbaugh, Carroll, Belichick, etc.

Already a guy like Dan Quinn is on the hot seat in Atlanta for the 1-3 start. He took a team to the Super Bowl for just the second time in franchise history and won division titles.

Here Gruden has only posted a 9-7 season when the division was in the toilet. The division got a lot better in 2016 and 2017 and the Redskins were left in the dust.

Gruden would have been gone after year 3 had not Sean McVay been running the offense. McVay goes and our offense is in the toilet.

I think it's been widely reported that McVay took some elements that Gruden taught, and incorporated them into his schemes. I think he took elements learned from the Shanahans, his other peers on that staff, as well as Gruden. There is an article somewhere about how the Shanahans were encouraging coaches to collaborate on schemes and other advanced concepts together, and this is the kind of innovation that helped foster an environment that produced LaFleur and McVay (Kyle already had a resume by the time he joined the Skins, but he probably grew a bit in that time too). I knew Dan would never do it, but I remember reading that Kyle specifically did NOT want to be judged with Mike, he actually sounded at one point that he wanted to remain with the organization. Dan would never do it anyway, he is way too petty and small-minded. I am just talking about observables here, this is not me being angry at Dan or anything. It's just the facts at this point.

Anyway, Gruden doesn't know how to run the ball. He simply doesn't. Where is McD to answer for all of this? I think he said various things like "If we don't win x games by this time, I promise to give each of you 10000 dollars" - does anyone else remember similar claims? :tongue:

Oh well, even though I still love the team, I'm going to have to find some manner of enjoyment from watching as an observer of a team I don't have any control over. Hiring Rob Ryan... and various other recent moves... they are just too crazy. They just told me this team doesn't know anything about winning. So I really can't get emotionally invested right now, it's not possible and it's not healthy, because I clearly do not have any control or influence.

Remember when Saints' fans would go to games wearing paper bags with AINTS on them? I've always hated Deadskins, but my idea would rattle Danny's cage. How would it look if what fans show up...wear bags with Deadskins on it and signs with FIRE Bruce Allen. He's a coach killer and a closet Cowboys fan. I personally blame Bruce for Gruden's failure to be a head coach. As long as Bruce is GM it's not going to matter who the head coach is.

I agree with a lot of the trade ideas as well. Trade Trent Williams, Ryan Kerrigan, Josh Norman , Paul Richardson Jr. and anyone else that we can stockpile draft picks.

Bruce Allen has consistently sold Snyder on the thought the Redskins unlike the Caps and Nats don't need to build teams from the ground up but can take short cuts to regaining contender status.

That philosophy resulted in the move for Donovan McNab and the unwise trade up of so many picks to take RGIII.

It also manifested itself in the panic move to trade for 35 year old Alex Smith after Cousins departed.

Wise teams would have shown some patience and drafted a quarterback with their own pick and develop him.

Houston stayed at their spot and drafted DeShaun Watson.

KC took Mahomes at #11 .

Green Bay stayed at #24 and let Rodgers fall to them.

Pittsburgh stayed with their pick to take Roethlisberger.

You don't need to panic to move into the top 5 or trade for a vet to move forward.

But you can't tell the Redskins that.

And so Bruce convinced Dan that the 2019 Redskins after taking Haskins at a reasonable spot in the draft instead of building with him was instead ready to win now with a second tier coach in Gruden and a pair of journeyman qbs in Keenum and McCoy.

I agree with Stephen A. Smith that Geuden has given up and the players have largely tuned out the staff especially Manusky.

You could tell when Gruden sent in Haskins he ran plays that in the second half were not friendly to a rookie qb who operated in the shotgun exclusively in college.

Better coaches would have set Dwayne up with some better options including less routes over the middle where there is much greater chance for mayhem.

I didn't think they helped Haskins out in the slightest. Contrast that with how the Giants have called their offense for Daniel Jones focusing on short outlet passes to ensure he can complete lots of easy ones. And then there are Haskins teammates. I had some hope as we seemed to increase the effort level before the half. But then in the 2nd half, looked like the same lackluster effort Keenum has had to work with.

As far as Gruden ‘giving up' - o read the NBC Sports piece on that topic and my reaction was ‘what difference does it make?'. If you haven't given up, and this is the best product you can put out there in your 6th season - that's even worse! At least if you had given up, that might explain some of it.

I think Grudens had some tough situations to navigate in DC. But this season has finally done it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't think they helped Haskins out in the slightest. Contrast that with how the Giants have called their offense for Daniel Jones focusing on short outlet passes to ensure he can complete lots of easy ones. And then there are Haskins teammates. I had some hope as we seemed to increase the effort level before the half. But then in the 2nd half, looked like the same lackluster effort Keenum has had to work with.

As far as Gruden ‘giving up' - o read the NBC Sports piece on that topic and my reaction was ‘what difference does it make?'. If you haven't given up, and this is the best product you can put out there in your 6th season - that's even worse! At least if you had given up, that might explain some of it.

I think Grudens had some tough situations to navigate in DC. But this season has finally done it for me.

The way he appears to have thrown Haskins to the wolves, is eerily reminiscent of the way he handled RG3...which suggests he's given up. Back then he had some leverage since it was his 1st season, he has none now. I will never forget that Tampa game that RG3 looked like a deer in the headlights and they destroyed us at home on a rainy, cold November Sunday. Griffin was sacked like 8 times with several int's that game.

In both cases it just seemed like he was saying, "OK Bruce and Dan, your boy goes in, but I'm going to still call the game as if I had a competent QB in there to prove to your guy isn't ready."

Gruden is not HC material.

He will be in Oakland with his brother as the team's OC.

You can bank on that one.

And Jon Gruden isn't exactly lighting it up with the Raiders.

So, far he has traded two pro bowl players in Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper and traded FOR a head case in Antonio Brown that took millions from the Raiders and didn't play a down for the team.

These two brothers deserve each other.

We all know he didn't want to play Haskins, and in a normal football environment he'd be right. But this place isn't normal and with one QB banged up and the other stinkin it up, Gruden had nothing to lose. But...............he didn't help the kid at all and it seemed like it was on purpose, like he wanted him to tank just so he could fold his arms afterward and say "See, I told you so, so THERE".

This shitshow almost makes you want Zorn back. Almost.

Nothing better to send Gruden out on than a 42-7 loss to New England.

After making us watch this schlock for this long it would be poetic justice.

We'll be 1-4 Sunday evening.

And, if Gruden does start Colt, we're gonna get a big "I told you so" from Gruden after the game.
Colt would make Gruden's offense work as he designed it. At least for one game.

DOWN go the Patriots!!!

Belichick knows Gruden's system and tendencies as well as he does. 80% of Jay's scheme is based on what Jon brought to the game years ago.

The Redskins got 4 turnovers last week and couldn't score a touchdown against the no account Giants D.

At least the game against Miami is a real argument in a matchup of near equals.

This ain't the week.

Be see, the realist in me knows that you NEVER know which week will be "the week".

We're gonna win. It's a lock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.