• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

some love for Cambpell

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Thin-market-for-free-agent-QBs-in-NFL

CLICK LINK FOR FULL ARTICLE

Quarterbacks who should get starter consideration

1. Jason Campbell, Washington Redskins

Possible suitors: Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams, Washington Redskins

With veteran QB Kurt Warner retiring, the Cardinals need to add at least another quarterback with experience to compete against Matt Leinart. Campbell has 52 starts in his five seasons as a pro. NFL Offseason Previews Still starving for more football?
Dig inside our Offseason Previews, with a new division every day.

NFC East: Can Giants rebuild?
AFC East: What Pats need
NFC North: Cutler needs help
AFC North: Ravens' O woes
NFC South: Will Bush be back?
AFC South: Plan for Peyton
NFC West: Cards have issues on D
AFC West: End of an era in S.D.

The Bills literally have no idea who will be their starting quarterback next season, so why not go after Campbell, who would be a clear upgrade?

Depending on what the team does with Kyle Orton,

I'd be mildly surprised if any other team show much interest in Campbell although, in retrospect, that would be a good thing when it comes to trade possibilities.

I'd be mildly surprised if any other team show much interest in Campbell although, in retrospect, that would be a good thing when it comes to trade possibilities.

Seriously? I'm sure he'll garner a lot of attention, especially if we don't tender him that high. He's a starting QB who has shown signs of being good - there are a lot of teams who have someone a little worse or only slightly better on their rosters.

Seriously? I'm sure he'll garner a lot of attention, especially if we don't tender him that high. He's a starting QB who has shown signs of being good - there are a lot of teams who have someone a little worse or only slightly better on their rosters.

And there are at least 5 teams who have been mentioned that need a QB. I do have to say that if there were more quality QB's on the Free Agent list, he would not garner such attention, but it looks like he is the créme de la crop!

And there are at least 5 teams who have been mentioned that need a QB. I do have to say that if there were more quality QB's on the Free Agent list, he would not garner such attention, but it looks like he is the créme de la crop!

If it were up to me, I'd want JC on my team because isn't really bad, and he STILL could end up being better than just average (if given a good coach and a good offensive line, and the most important thing, a good running game). That is pretty much wishful thinking since it's been 5 years already and he has regressed in his winning record, but has improved his stats every year. JC needs the team around him to be a winner as well in order to be successful in terms of a legacy and not just stats.

I'm not going to say Campbell is a world beater. Or even a long term solution.

BUT.....he is the best option for 2010. No rookie or avail vet would be a better choice in my opinion.

I like his character. I like his upside. Even if that upside window is getting smaller.

I should have qualified my statement to say, based on the price, I'd be mildly surprised if other teams showed much interest. I'm pretty sure the minimum cost, based on what I think we'll tender him, would be a late first or early second round pick in 2010. If he doesn't sign with the Skins prior to the draft then I think the Skins would command no less than a first round pick in 2011.

I may be wrong but I don't think there will be any major trade overtures for him other than a few teams looking to get him cheap, i.e., a third or fourth round pick. At this point, I say he stays.

I've been hearing the Rams are possibly looking to trade for Campbell. Word is they feel he would bring less baggage than Vick.

I've been hearing the Rams are possibly looking to trade for Campbell. Word is they feel he would bring less baggage than Vick.

I've heard that too but I really thinks it's purely speculation. "If", and I think it's a BIG "IF", the Rams were to actually make an offer, the Skins would not let Campbell go for anything less than the Rams 2nd round pick. I'd do that in a heartbeat but I seriously doubt the Rams would.

For the 1st pick in the 2nd rounder. I might be open minded to this.

But that doesn't mean I automatically take a QB with the 1st. I still check my options.

I don't care what anybody says, its a rebuilding year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.