• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The next month or two.

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
There either will be changes made to the staff, or we will see Haskins.
There is no way this can continue as is.

The normal progression would be to fire Manusky first. Then if the offense still stinks, see if Haskins can save the team.
Then if Haskins is being thrown to the wolves too early, and Management sees that a potential career endangerment, then they fire Gruden.
Then O'connell, has 1 or 2 months to try to work with Haskins. They get to see O'connell on an interim basis, and they get to see Haskins.

Does anyone see something else happening?

If management now wants us to bottom out and get a top 3 draft pick and then trade down with a team that desperately wants one of the qbs in this upcoming class, then next year we might say that was genius. That would be a little too shrewd for our brass though. And a little too smart.

That's probably the natural order.. Although I wonder, if there's any chance that Allen is gone when do you do it? Do you bring someone in mid season before Gruden is fired and let them make that decision?

Betting Gruden won't fire Manusky willingly. If they try to force him to he may give them the old ‘you'll have to fire me too'. Seems like he wants it to be over at this point so you may as well oblige.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't make O'Connell a head coach of a team in disarray, especially if Allen survives. He's a glorified QBs coach, has never been a real OC running his own offense and folks think he's ready to be a head coach. I'm really skeptical he can be the guy. But if that's their plan they would be smart to get Jay out soon and give KOC a test run.

Gruden is not going to fire Manusky. Unless he's a liar.

So, we're stuck with Gruden & Co. for the season. I want as many wins as they can muster, mister.

PS ~ If they do fire Gruden & Manusky only, then Callahan goes to HC. O'Connell to playcaller OC. Tomsula to DC.

Gruden an company stay this year, no matter how bad it gets. Personally I was calling 3-13 in the summer. Now I'm doubting that. But the coaches stay. Where I'll be looking for a change from Lord Farquaad is with Allen. If he stays, we're just doomed. If we start having a fire sale of talent being traded away to other teams in order to get picks for next year, I might have some hope that they are doing it in order to set up a new GM/coach. But I'm not holding my breath

Gruden will be fired and he will use the excuse of not wanting to let one his assistants go be the stated reason to save face.

That will ring hollow for offensive and defensive units that have disappointed across the board.

This will still take a few weeks but I think the point if no return for Snyder will be a likely 52-0 or 42-7 type loss to New England which will paint things truly as they are.

Some rumors that Lincoln Riley was at the game on Monday. He would be an intriguing guy if Snyder decided to reach into the college coaching ranks again. Has done nothing but win playing against the big boys and he's only 36.

Boone, that type of move requires a first class NFL personnel man to come in and provide a guy like this a smooth transition to the league.

I would not trust Bruce or Dan to make this call in isolation without a larger plan.

If management now wants us to bottom out and get a top 3 draft pick and then trade down with a team that desperately wants one of the qbs in this upcoming class, then next year we might say that was genius. That would be a little too shrewd for our brass though. And a little too smart.

This. I don't believe we have the intelligence on staff to pull this off. But this, exactly this.

What's the point of keeping guys like Trent, Norman and Kerrigan around next season? Dump them all. Now.

That's what I would have done after last season.

Draft Haskins and start anew.

People ask me if we cut Norman who plays cornerback?

My answer in February was we take some of the cap savings in posting as June 1 and find a FA who can do a reasonable job for reasonable money.

Now Norman has been exposed as a guy that at 31 no longer has the ups to stay with receivers in the open field.

He's now a replacement level player we are paying $13M to.

Man o man...these posts sure seem eerily like ones we had 10 years ago, 15 years ago, 20 years ago......

You have to fix the foundation first....changing the faces on the roster aint going to do much

Usually the bye week is the usual time for a coaching change. Can Gruden make it that long?

The one difference now from before is there is enough young talent now on the roster for a true organizer to shape into a playoff team with a few more key additions and deletions in 2020.

In years past we were talking about changing up 50% or more of the roster.

Josh Norman questioning fan loyalty after the Bears game.

Nobody has a clue out at Redskins Park, do they?

Josh Norman questioning fan loyalty after the Bears game.

Nobody has a clue out at Redskins Park, do they?

Wow. If Norman is that clueless about the demise of this organization, then that might explain why he seems to be clueless playing defensive back.

Norman is an embarrassment. After last year's fiasco down in Tampa about playing all the games on the road, a real coach like Belichick or Pederson would have cut him.

If not immediately, then definitely after the season.

The one difference now from before is there is enough young talent now on the roster for a true organizer to shape into a playoff team with a few more key additions and deletions in 2020.

In years past we were talking about changing up 50% or more of the roster.

Hmmm ... On offense I see McLaurin ... maybe Quinn.

Who else you got? Our Center maybe? Scherff if he re-signs. That's a medium-sized 'if' at the moment.

That offense needs a LOT of work.

Man o man...these posts sure seem eerily like ones we had 10 years ago, 15 years ago, 20 years ago......

You have to fix the foundation first....changing the faces on the roster aint going to do much

Yup.

Treating the symptoms won't cure the disease.

Your right. Most of the heavy lifting is going to be on offense.

We need a young LT to replace Trent in next year's draft.

I think Wes Martin will be a starter inside for this team once we get rid of the current regime.

Chase to me is a slightly better than average center. Not top 10 in the league but in that 15-18 range.

That's enough to win with if the rest of the line is set.

Scherff and Moses are interesting cases. Both have seemingly regressed in 2019.

Both have had a boatload of injuries to battle through even when they don't miss time.

But I think Scherff at 25 is recoverable.

Moses may be a short timer.

We also need a two way TE even though Gruden and Co have ignored this for years.

But having Haskins on board is key. Developing Harmon and guys like Sims Jr. behind McLaurin and Richardson is key. But these players have talent.

Bryce Love went down in college and I normally don't like projecting ‘injured' talent but a return to form by Love would definitely amplify the play making capabilities of the offense.

But I guess my overall point is 10 years ago we didn't have McLaurin and Sims Jr. coming in as playmaking rookies.

Instead we had the worst draft class in recent NFL history with Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly and Fred Davis.

Post-script: Can we please release Josh Norman and move on from his mouth :encouragement:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.