• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Westbrook Charged with DUI

InsaneBoost

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4929225

WALDORF, Md. -- Washington Redskins cornerback Byron Westbrook has been charged with DUI after a traffic stop in Waldorf.

It happened about 2 a.m. Friday on Route 5 at Lakewood Place.

Charles County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Diane Richardson says a deputy saw a Mercedes cross the center line several times. Richardson says after pulling over the 24-year-old Westbrook, the deputy smelled alcohol and administered field sobriety tests. Richardson says Westbrook failed and was arrested.

Westbrook is charged with DUI, DWI, negligent driving and failure to drive right of center. He was released on personal recognizance.

A message was left seeking comment from Westbrook's agent. The Redskins issued a statement Friday saying the team would "monitor the situation."

I wonder how this will go over with Shanahan.

It's a good way to get cut for a guy fighting for a roster spot. Same can be said about rinehart.

What did Rinehart do?

I am saddened by this because Westbrook doesn't seem like your typical trouble maker.

Rinehart was arrested for public intoxication back in Iowa. I think he attended a college party or something.

From what I've read though, it's only considered a misdemeanor there. Not as serious as Westbrook, but nonetheless still stupid.

Westbrook has never impressed me. He has been around for almost 3 years and still is a guy you can't trust to get on the field and make any plays in the backfield.

On special teams he was removed from returns in the preseason a year ago because of continuing problems hanging onto the football.

At some point the spotlight has to flash on this guy that his skills were maxed out long ago and that the team really needs to move on and find a corner who can actually cover receivers.

What did Rinehart do?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/report-rinehart-arrested-for-p.html

There's the story, not much to it. Public intoxication.
But again, when you have a new coach and GM I would think you would try to make a good impression not get arrested.

But that's the Skins I suppose. Perfect example: Bruce Allen becomes the new GM and the team plays some of the sorriest football I have seen since the Spurrier/early Norv days.

As for Westbrook, Doug Dutch is younger also a local kid and played at a better college program (Michigan) so who has a better chance to make this team as of now?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.