• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Birth of a Beer...

Fella I worked with in the military recently retired and was hired as President of the Beer Institute! what a deal!!!

Damn.
I'm off work for a week.
If only I'd known :)

so tomorrow I am going to go overboard. I mean like bottom of the ocean, build Atlantis and fight Posideon.

I have a keg of Stone Ruination Double IPA http://www.stonebrew.com/ruin/
I have a 1/6 keg of Arrogant Bastard http://www.stonebrew.com/arrogantbastard/
Two 2 litre growlers of our Imperial Russian Stout http://www.stonebrew.com/irs/

more 30 packs of bud light then you can shake a stick at
and liquor..

I plan on having almost 50 people at my pad...should I be nervous? NAAAH!! I'll be too drunk.

Sounds like quite a party :)

I sadly don't have any homebrew ready for tomorrow night, but I will be brewing tomorrow, a coffee porter I have been thinking about making for awhile. Ordered some special espresso beans for the finishing touch which I will cold brew and add before kegging.

Ha, Mikes last two posts in this thread were on 1/4/11 and 4/1/11. Yes, I am amused by the small things.

I'll check it out Mike, thanks for the heads-up :)

I think I'm going to have to make that happen one of these days. Besides, SD is one of my favorites places :)

Boone, don't move to Alaska:

Alaska Villages Outlaw Yeast, Sugar

In most communities, you can buy yeast and sugar at the grocery store. But not in Alaska, says the Anchorage Daily News, where some villages have outlawed both alcohol and supplies to brew it at home. Conceived as a way to regulate alcoholism, a sheriff recently arrested a man after finding yeast in his home. The man says he was simply going to bake some bread. The Daily News says police are so used to the bread answer that they have a special line of questioning for those who claim to be bakers: “We’ll ask the questions, 'How much yeast does it take to bake a loaf of bread,’ and you’ll get an answer like, 'Oh, a cup’....I mean, it takes like a tablespoon, so that makes no sense.”

Click on the link for the rest

I just drank 2 Silva stouts. it is green flash's double stout aged 15 months in a bourbon barrel before serving. it was amazing...and what was best is at the fest they had a cigar stand and I smoked a nice full bodied cigar with it while looking at 80 degrees of pure sunshine and no clouds.

and I swear all I could think was "I know some people on BGO who would really love this"

Hell, even I would smoke a stogie for a taste or two of a 'Silva Stout' :)

Took a couple of days off here at the end of July, partly for brewing. Today I am doing a batch of my White Nipple Wit with a single decoction mash.

Last edited:
I don't know, but it reminds me of one of the top-10 movie quotes of all time from "Ten Things I Hate About You:"

"What is it with this chick, does she have beer-flavored nipples?"

whats in a white nipple wit?

Mike, I use 3 different grains (Great Western 2 Row, Maris Otter 2 Row and unmalted Wheat). It is lightly hopped with Tettnang and spiced just a bit with Coriander and Bitter Orange Peel. I ferment it with Wyest Labs 3463 Forbidden Fruit.

It is in the same family with Blue Moon and Shocktop if you are trying to place a commercial equivalent (although I like mine better).

Well, judging from how fast the first batch went missing, people think it pretty damn good (although I might not be the most objective guy in the world). I premiered it back in late April and I am down to 11 bottles out of over 2 full cases. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but I have 6 different styles in the house right now and always some of everything with me to every get together. I bring home some each of the other 5 but almost never bring back a Whitel Nipple. I had only planned to brew it once this year.

Got to try Stone's Sublimely Self-Righteous the other night for the first time. Pretty good stuff.

It's been 6 months or more since I've made beer.

What the hell is wrong with me? (Nevermind: that's a topic for another time, believe me)

Tomorrow, I change that.

I'm brewing a lager. Not just any lager - Oktoberfest. I'll do an all-grain brew session, then transfer my filled carboy into a 55 degree fridge. After a transfer to a secondary carboy in a couple weeks, it'll go back into the fridge until, well, at least October. Probably leave it for an extra month so technically it'll be 'November' or 'December-fest' :) With lagers, the key is 'patience'. The longer it stays in cold storage the more amazing the taste.

Yum.

I have a batch of my White Nipple Wit nearly ready to go in the bottles here.

I can tell you why you haven't brewed lately Boone...too damn hot! I nearly died brewing the wit a couple weeks ago.

Brewing a Hazelnut Brown today.

Dough in 155F...

Brewing my Two Penny Honey Pale today (Boone can vouch for this one!).

Hey now...I'm easy, not cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.