• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Watch the Space Station Grow

Pretty good animation ... gives an appreciation for the steady, if not particularly aesthetic, growth of ISS over the years. Would like to have had a little Blue Danube or something to accompany it, but then again ... like Clarke and Kubrick, I'm a romantic. :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdrqeAKNLM8[/media]

Last edited:
Cool animation. Om, you and I are somewhat different, I guess-I would've liked a voice-over from someone like Phil Plait or Neil DeGrasse Tyson myself.

Oh, I'm not sure we're that different brother. Saying I would have liked a little Strauss to accompany it doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't like to hear a learned voice-over with it as well. Not a big fan of either/or's. :)

Maybe a voice telling HAL to open the pod bay doors...

What would be really nice would be an explanation as we see all those pieces and parts added of what the hell they are all actually for - it would actually make a pretty good Discovery Channel piece :)

Watching the animation, all I could think of is 100 years from now, when that thing's degrading orbit is going to make Spacelab coming down look like a cakewalk :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.