• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jordan Reed should retire now.

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
This is bigger than football.
Gruden is not going to say it.

The doctors need to step in.

I don't give a crap if we are a better team with him.

The whole notion of they knew what they signed up for is total selfish ignorance.

Sometimes people need to be saved from themselves.

That said if we release Reed someone else is probably going to pick him up.

The Eagles are down 2 tight ends now.

Bet they jump on him.

But again I agree with you AND I think 3 years is a big enough sample size to determine these issues for Reed are systemic.

If the NFL were smart, they would have a clause in every contract that states the possible consequences of playing football including brain injury, that the players understand and they release the NFL from responsibility. That said, we should IR Reed and let him go after the season. For some reason or another the Skins under Gruden seem to hold on to players that can't stay healthy and can't stay on the field. It's a small part of a big problem

The Redskins should put him on IR or give him his release when he clears the protocol.

It's almost guaranteed he's not going to play the next 12-13 games even if he is cleared.

This is a train wreck we can see coming and yet nobody wants to do anything about it.

It would be an easy call except that the guy is nearly unstoppable when healthy. That makes it hard for a desperate team.

But when was the last time he was unstoppable?

Those 7 catch, 130 yard, 2 TD games were back in 2015 and 2016.

Can't live in the past.

Remember Derrelle Revis?

He was a starting corner on the Patriots Super Bowl team in 2014 and by 2016 was in effect out of the league.

On top of that, teams know that all it takes is a borderline head shot or hard tackle where his head hits the deck and he's out of the game. I guarantee you players know this and will act upon the info. And that's because they know damn well that the worst tho g that'll happen is a unnecessary roughness fog and maybe a fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree with this. I hope to never see him play again.

I'm just guessing, but I bet he didn't save his money and that's what's keeping him around.

If the NFL were smart, they would have a clause in every contract that states the possible consequences of playing football including brain injury, that the players understand and they release the NFL from responsibility. That said, we should IR Reed and let him go after the season. For some reason or another the Skins under Gruden seem to hold on to players that can't stay healthy and can't stay on the field. It's a small part of a big problem

It would be an easy call except that the guy is nearly unstoppable when healthy. That makes it hard for a desperate team.

I agree with both of these statements. The NFL should have a liability statement with all of their contracts. This is a difficult subject, but you can't stop a player from playing.

Pretty sure this is Reed's final season in a Redskins uniform.

It has to be for his well being and for the Redskins to move forward.

he should have retired avfter the first season he had multiple concussions, with dingers, the more you get the easier it becomes to get one, and some guys are just more sensitive to them than others. Gruden strikes me as a guy who cant tell much about what a guy can contribute. his handling of ap has been really terrible as well. I am hoping we cut the cord with reed, send williams on his way, and find a coach ho is willing to committ to a real rebuild and a gm who can actually do it

Adam Shefter tweeting this morning that Reed's career may well be over. Writing may well be on the wall...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27672809/sources-redskins-te-reed-career-jeopardy

This part really irks me...

'The Redskins had been counting on having Reed, a former Pro Bowler and one of their best players, this season.'

That's because we are flat out stupid. Any team 'counting on' Reed, with his injury history, to be an integral part of their offense is simply delusional.

I'm looking at it as Schefter doing us a favor. We peasants understand that Reed needs to retire for his own sake, but Dan can FINALLY see where this staff counting on JR are idiotic at minimum.

Look at it as exhibit #573 in the fan people vs Jay

it's Reed's choice...and no one else's. All the other stupid PC XXXX in our society telling us what we can and cannot do. I fully understand the empathetic and humanitarian motives. It's still his choice. Besides, the NFL/Redskins will act when/if this becomes a potential liability matter.

If the Redskins had any sense (or for that matter, gave a damn about their own players), they'd already have released him. If Reed wants to voluntarily ensure he has CTE, that's fine. But the Redskins shouldn't enable him in accomplishing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not Reed's choice here in DC. The Redskins should have advised him to retire and release him if he wanted to continue playing elsewhere.

We should have made this move before 2019.

We have been waiting for Reed to regain his 2015 form for 3 years.

Only glaciers move slower than the Redskins.

It's not Reed's choice here in DC. The Redskins should have advised him to retire and release him if he wanted to continue playing elsewhere.

We should have made this move before 2019.

We have been waiting for Reed to regain his 2015 form for 3 years.

Only glaciers move slower than the Redskins.

Reed decides (with advice from his doctors one hopes) to retire. The team can trade him, cut him, park him...whatever....but they can't make him retire. Hence, the team can certainly "xxxxcan" the player - which is the less charitable way of phrasing the immediate matter.

That's not what I said.
I said the team counsels Reed and then the decision is his.

But the decision of if he continues in the NFL with a burgundy and gold uniform on is strictly the team's.

My point is this eventuality was foreseeable awhile ago for the Redskins and the team never signed or drafted a two wayTE to develop for the future.

Then when Reed goes down yet again you hear all of this ‘the offense has to try and get by without one of its best players' for the umpteenth time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.