• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread: Week 1 2019 - Cowboys @ Redskins

Who do you think wins?

• Skins going away

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Cowboys steal one in our house

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
This should be a 10-7 game. That penalty on Moreland was a terrible call. You are allowed to jam a guy within 5 yards. And when you jam them, it's not holding them. It's not a penalty when you jam them and the guy stumbles. Especially if you let him go. If he was holding him, he would still be holding him out into the route. If that is a penalty, they could call that on pretty much every bump and run coverage. Just an awful call that at this point had a big impact on the game.

Dallas takes the lead right before half.

I do not believe these mental midgets have it within them to comeback and make a game of it.

When they're not committing penalties that kill drives for the offense or the defense extends drives for the opponent, their earned reputation causes the refs to err on the safe side and call anything close against the Skins.

Jay and his staff are done here and this franchise is in free fall as management has no clue in how to right the ship.

Ya, seems throwing against Norman is a fairly regular thing in a game and a half. Second half could get ugly if Gruden and company hold to form, and make zero adjustments. I don't know why I don't go mow the lawn. It's like morbid curiosity....

Do these guys take a nap at halftime? How do they always come out of the half so flat every week?

The're teasing me now with that score..... lawn has to wait.

I'll just modify my post from last week:

I thought the defense was supposed to be the strength of this team. Giving up 321 points isn't a very strong performance.

This coaching staff couldn't motivate a rock to lay still. Unfortunately for us it has to get worse before it gets better.

At this point do we let Jay finish the season or release him and promote a sub to ride out the season.

"Cowboys 31, Redskins 14"

There's the entire existence of this franchise in a nutshell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This coaching staff couldn't motivate a rock to lay still. Unfortunately for us it has to get worse before it gets better.

At this point do we let Jay finish the season or release him and promote a sub to ride out the season.

And Manusky.

Different week, same story. Play competitive football in the first half. Let the other guys walk all over you in the second half. There are games where you know the other team has just too much talent, and dallas does have a lot of talent. But when you go toe to toe with the other team for a half, talent isn't the issue. You just see the other guy adjust to you are running the same pre-season like defense in the second half. There is no adjustments on this team. There is no motivation from the coaches. There's no discipline, which is why guys are constantly committing penalties and blowing their assignments. The Redskins need coaches that teach good technique and coaches who will hold guys accountable for for their mistakes. These coaches don't have any of that.

And Manusky.

In what was supposed to be one of our strengths our defense has given up 900 yards and 63 points in just two games.

This staff is inept and appears to have lost all ability to control the on field actions of the players. At this rate we're due for a very generous draft position.

Edit: I know we have more talented players on this team than what the game product shown, much more. Coaching is where we need to upgrade

Last edited:
In what was supposed to be one of our strengths our defense has given up 900 yards and 63 points in just two games.

This staff is inept and appears to have lost all ability to control the on field actions of the players. At this rate we're due for a very generous draft position.

This can't be overstated. On that first TD, Nicholson completely abandoned his zone, leaving the middle of the field wide open. It looked like Norman was burnt, but his job was just the one side of the field. He had to chase because there was no safety in the middle. Granted, if Nicholson had stayed in his zone, they probably still get a completion because there is someone wide open on the side line about 10 yards down the field. That's who Nicholson chased. But it's not a TD. Then later Norman is sleeping in his zone, but thankfully the receiver dropped the ball. These are the things that should not happen. If a guy just beats you flat out because he's faster or makes a good move, then fine. But there are guys not even being covered.

I guess I'm just glad it wasn't a worse beating. I really was thinking they would lay a historic loss on us, but the Cowpukes seemed to take a while to get started. Had they fired in the first quarter, it would have been an embarrassment. Pretty sad when you're sitting around hoping you only get beat by a couple of three touchdowns.

It's clear these guys no longer want to play for Gruden/Mausky, and we should have a fire sale NOW, collect as many draft picks as we can get in trades and have them on hand for the new coach. Of course, if we don't get rid of Allen as well, it would be all for naught

No coach of good standing wants to come here Sarge.

The Redskins of my youth,that I grew up with...gritty,smart,winning culture,honor...all of that is dead and it's never coming back.

It would probably be best if Snyder moved the team west,changed it's name. It's an abomination nowadays.

Part of the problem is context. I have no ammo to combat the ‘we're doomed' narrative. I spread it myself. But the fact is that this is an absolute rebuilding year. Shame on the front office for not framing it as such, and putting Gruden in a position of ‘win or you're out' during such a season. It's not fair to him or Redskins fans.

Had we entered this season with an understanding that it was about building for the future, we could celebrate the small successes and have some hope that they could be built upon (regardless of who the future coaching staff was comprised of ...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh hey! We scored another touchdown!

Change my post to "Cowboys 31, Redskins 21" :)

Boone, I hear ya. It absolutely is a re-building year. I figured we'd live and die with our defense, and right now we're dying with it. That was always a possibility.

For the record, my post wasn't in response to losing TODAY, so much. Just the way this team always plays against division foes. We are 12-29 against the Cowboys since Synder took over. 3-8 since Gruden took over. It's not a one year thing, or a rebuilding thing. It's who we are. I'd have to go check, but I don't even think Gibbs is over .500 against the Cowboys.

This game was not unexpected AT ALL. I'm not more frustrated or angry or ... anything today compared to yesterday.

I'm just sick of losing to those guys. And to the Eagles. And definitely to the Giants. It would really be cool to own a team in this division for a change. I don't see that happening any time soon.

I recognize needs to be considered a “rebuilding” year, but it still sucks losing to the Cowboys. I don't have high expectations for this year, but it still is depressing. I mowed the lawn during the majority of the game today while my phone blew up with Cowboys fans friends giving me 💩. Trying to see the positives, but I'm having a hard time this season 🤦*♀️

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.