• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Redskins have the Dumbest Staff in the History of Pro Football

GSF

The Starter
Reaction score
Other than maybe the Cinderella season with Gibbs and Sean Taylor, The Redskins have been a cluster ****, dumpster fire, shit show for the past 2 decades. The 1 area they have been able to maintain consistency in is stupidity. The Redskins staff haven't been able to outsmart anybody. Not opposing coaching staffs, not their own players, not their fans. Nobody. The only group that this staff can outsmart is itself. That they do over and over again. Whether it's playing players out of position, or picking up injury prone talent for a bargain, and then being surprised that they are continually injured, these guys are the masters of reinventing the wheel until it no longer rolls.

The biggest dummy in that gang of dummies over there is Jay Gruden. In fact, that should be his new nickname: "The Big Dummy". At This point I'm doubtful that Jay Gruden can find his way out of a paper bag. Jay Gruden doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Jay Gruden doesn't know shit from shinola. This guy does the same stupid stuff year in year out and doesn't learn from it. From freezing on the sideline and taking too long to get plays in, to making zero halftime adjustments, to going into prevent offense and defense at second half kickoff with a 2 score lead, he just never learns.

Gruden outdid himself this week though when he decided not to dress AP. This is just an inexcusably boneheaded maneuver that undoubtedly rubbed the Football Gods. AP, the future hall of famer AP? AP offensive MVP AP? You mean to tell me Gruden couldn't figure out anyone else to play teams so he dresses a guy who doesn't even know the offense yet over hall of famer, MVP AP? Yeah that makes sense. Somebody needs to clue in The Big Dummy how old The Diesel was when Gibbs rode him to a Superbowl victory. Now I'm not saying that the Skins would have definitely won had AP played, but I wonder what would have happened had they fed him the rock some late in the second quarter and into the second half when they were sitting on a 2 score lead? Of Course that would have never happened anyways since a 2 score lead is exactly when The Big Dummy gives up on the run. Also, what would have happened if Guice got hurt? Hand off to injury prone Chris Thomson the rest of the game? Way more importantly though than both of those things is the message Gruden sent to his players when he didn't dress AP. I guarantee you players were absolutely pissed about it, especially the vets. I've owned a business for over a decade now. I have about 15 employees and we do hard work. Rule number 1 is take care of your people. Rule 1b is make sure your people know you take care of your people.

The stupidity problem runs much deeper that with just The Big Dummy though. There is plenty of ineptitude in the front office to go around. Most recently, by not figuring out how to get Trent Williams in to camp and bringing in a washed up, bust tackle to play left guard(reinventing the wheel), they managed to de-stabilize the whole offense. Perhaps they forgot that they managed to get both of their quarterbacks' legs broken last season. Hopefully Williams will come in, and hopefully the rookie left guard will step up, but if and when that happens will it already be too late? The Skins have such a bad history of shooting the pooch when it comes to the roster. They traded away multiple high picks for a QB their coach didn't want, and then when they lucked into a pretty decent starting QB later in the same draft, they didn't lock him up with a fair market contract when they could have. Or how about when they had one of the best pairs of starting receivers in the league, and couldn't afford to keep them both, so they let them both walk, losing one of the hardest working, most loved players on the team in Garcon. Cousins and Garcon, 2 more examples of not taking care of your people.

But the draft you say? Yes I agree, the Skins have drafted well the past couple/few years. There must be somebody in that front office that knows what the hell they're doing. I'm sure the Skins will identify that person and run them right out of town ASAP if they haven't already. The last smart guy on the Skins staff is coaching the Rams now. They could have fired The Big Dummy and promoted McVey and we'd probably be a playoff team by now, but no that makes way too much sense.

The bottom line is our eyes are not lying to us. We are indeed living in the football equivalent of the combination of The Twilight Zone and Ground Hog Day. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Sorry to dirty up your board Boone. Carry on...

It's not ‘my board' and I'm sure there is more than enough frustration among Skins fans to go around. What else you got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put my own thread out there for Game 1 because of all the crap we saw that we have seen before from Gruden and Co.

To me what was comical was when Peterson simply changed up which back he had in the game when he was running or throwing in the second half.

Manusky was keying on Sproles to ID passes and Sanders to ID runs early and it was working.

Then you saw that first drive in the third quarter!

Sproles ran and ran and ran and the Redskins never adjusted to stop it.

I suppose Manusky thought that after a couple of runs Pederson would go back to throwing but he never really did on that drive.

Letting the Eagles roll to a TD on the first drive of the second half was a punch to the gut of the Redskins chances in the game as it really jacked up the Birds and their 70,000 fans.

It's not ‘my board' and I'm sure there is more than enough frustration among Skins fans to go around. What else you got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What else I got? I thought you'd never ask! We might as well call Manusky The Second Biggest Dummy as he appears to be completely unable to adjust to the ebb and flow of a game or come up with anything creative whatsoever, as Bulldog has so eloquently pointed out in his posts. How about a corner blitz, or a safety blitz with Collins? How about any blitz period? Ever notice that great players come to this defense from other teams, and just aren't as good when the get here? Swearinger, Brown, Norman, will Collins be the next player on that list? He was pretty much invisible today. This phenomenon of course goes back to the staff outsmarting itself, trying to mold players into their systems instead of putting them in positions to do what they do best. Ever notice how frequently good players on this defense seem to be frustrated with the play calling? Swearinger last year, Norman tonight...it's a theme.

Ask yourself this question: Are the Redskins really any better under The Big Dummy than they were under The Ole Ballcoach when Darknarian McCants was their best receiver? This shit is getting old.

The left side of the Oline was not the problem. Actually did better than many thought they would.
Moses had the worst game of any Olineman.

Coaching, or should I say, poor coaching, was our biggest problem, again.

Morgan is physically skilled but lacks mental toughness.

As soon as things get tight in a game his false starts and holding penalties escalate.

IMO this is due to a lack of focus and concentration.

It can be corrected but guys have to be schooled to develop better self-awareness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.