• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Grades, Predictions, Evals, Questions, 2019 Season

https://twitter.com/KeithBritton86/status/1189506399509909508

"@CharlesRobinson on Yahoo! Sports NFL Podcast “The Cleveland #Browns are furious w/ the Washington Redskins over Trent Williams.” Says 6 wks ago, Redskins could've had 1st rd pk for Williams from CLE. WASH waited 6 wks, CLE basically said “kiss my ass, you're not calling me now”

I don't believe they said kiss my ass. They could have had him yesterday for a 2nd round pick. That is a helluva deal than 6 weeks prior.

BurnersBurning.php.png

Burner's Burning Questions: Grades, Predictions, Evals, Questions, 2019 Season

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. We hope your week is going well. Hello to everyone on social media. We'd love to have you as a member here and become a part of the family.

There is a new World Champion in DC! Unfortunately, it is not the Redskins. Congratulations to the Washington Nationals on their inspirational World Series title! Capturing baseball's most cherished prize while beating the two best teams in baseball for 2019 (Dodgers – winners of 106 games; Astros – winners of 107 games) proves that the Nationals are now the best. They had the best record in baseball since May 24 (record of 86-43) and captured baseball's most coveted title – well deserved. Again, congrats to the Nationals and all of their fans!

The Redskins are a complete and total disaster for the 2019 season and fans have no hope. Yes, abruptly going from an emotional high and then to an emotional low. The Redskins. Bah. There will be a new head coach this winter. Assistant coaches are barely hanging on and if the NFL draft was held today, the Burgundy and Gold would have the third overall pick in 2020. The struggling displays this season have fans fuming and calling for the heads of the team president, defensive coordinator, and the owner. Today we assign grades for the Vikings game and make a prediction for the Bills game. We also include what the Redskins should do in the 2020 free agency market. Also, we have a 2020 mock draft and it includes one trade.

BBQ would love to see your grades and evaluations each week if you are so inclined to do so. Too, your predictions for the next game are always appreciated. Give us your thoughts on 2020 free agency. And, if you're wanting to do more, feel free to put up 2020 a mock draft. There are no restrictions here. Go for it!

Upcoming Dates:
- Days until Halloween: Today
- Days until the Bills game: 3
- Days until the bye: 4
- Days until Thanksgiving: 28
- Days until the Eagles game: 45
- Days until the Giants game: 52
- Days until Christmas: 55
- Days until the Cowboys game: 59

Week Eight: Grades and Evaluations
Offense:
There is not much to say other than the offense was pitiful. Another week with zero touchdowns and a poor performance.
BBQ Grade: F

Defense:
They put in a decent effort against a high powered offense. Limiting the Vikings to one touchdown demonstrated grit and determination.
BBQ Grade: C+

Special Teams:
Dustin Hopkins was money and Tress Way punting was solid.
BBQ Grade: B+

Coaching:
Offensive coaching was pathetic. Defensive coaching was decent. Special teams performed well.
BBQ Grade: C-

Week Nine Prediction: Redskins at Bills
Staying on the road against another good offense is going to take a toll on the Redskins.
Redskins vs. Bills: New Era Field – Orchard Park, NY, Monday 1:00pm EST
Television: FOX
BBQ Prediction: Bills 27 Redskins 3
Current BBQ Record: 8-0

Redskins Free Agency 2020
The Redskins are projected to have substantial cap space for 2020. A new CBA could push the total much higher. This may. Generous cap space and so much more to be gained should be taken advantage of during this upcoming off-season. Here is what BBQ projects:
1. Release or trade Josh Norman - $12.5M additional cap space gained.
2. Release or trade Trent Williams - $12.75M additional cap space gained.
3. Release or trade Ryan Kerrigan - $11.75M additional cap space gained.
4. Release Jordan Reed - $8.5M additional cap space gained.
5. Release or trade Adrian Peterson - $2.25M additional cap space gained.
6. Re-sign Brandon Scherff.
7. Sign CB Byron Jones of the Cowboys.
8. Sign TE Hunter Henry of the Chargers.
9. Sign Edge Yannick Ngakoue of the Jaguars.
10. Sign WR Robby Anderson of the Jets.
12. Sign RT Jack Conklin of the Titans to a modest contract.

In-Season Mock Draft
The Redskins trade a down few positions in the first round and gain the following: A second rounder. A third rounder. A sixth rounder. A 2021 second rounder. A 2022 second rounder.
Round One: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Round Two: Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue
Round Three: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa
Round Four: Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
Round Four (Comp): Tipa Galea'i, OLB, Utah St.
Round Five: A.J. Dillion, RB, Boston College
Round Six: Colton McKivitz, OT, West Virginia
Round Seven: Naquan Jones, DT, Michigan St.
Round Seven: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

Doing great BB. Hope you are as well.

And while I'm as disappointed as anyone at how things have gone so far this season, I am not part of the pitchfork crew ready to emotionally fling myself from the highest fan cliff I can find.

My difference with your assessment of the Vikings game is on defense. I thought for being on a short week, with all hell breaking loose in the media, on the road, against a good team, that they did much better than many expected. I'd bump that grade up to a B.

I would also want to leave the decision on Kerrigan up to the next staff. If the next group wants to switch the D back to a base 4-3, I think Ryan would be ideal. All the rest you mentioned are history, in my mind.

And I know you stay up on the draft, at least to some degree, 365 days a year.

But it's a bit early for me yet.

Thanks for all your work, brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
And while I'm as disappointed as anyone at how things have gone so far this season, I am not part of the pitchfork crew ready to emotionally fling myself from the highest fan cliff I can find.

Who is?

You don't have too look far to find guys here ready to tar and feather the FO, while saying they're at the end of their rope with the team, yada yada yada.

Or, as I put it, "...pitchfork crew, ready to emotionally fling themselves from the highest fan cliff they can find."

But I know you know that.

You don't have too look far to find guys here ready to tar and feather the FO
Anyone who's not is either not paying attention, or they have the same disease Bruce has. I believe the medical name for it is Onemoveawayfromgloryitis.

"The Redskins trade a down few positions in the first round and gain the following: A second rounder. A third rounder. A sixth rounder. A 2021 second rounder. A 2022 second rounder."

BB, unless we're trading way down from our current third position, we're not getting all of this back in return.

You don't have too look far to find guys here ready to tar and feather the FO, while saying they're at the end of their rope with the team, yada yada yada.

Or, as I put it, "...pitchfork crew, ready to emotionally fling themselves from the highest fan cliff they can find."

But I know you know that.

We all have our burdens to bear. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=pLq3x494K9k

The spotlight is on Allen and the FO because the team is 1-7.

Acknowledging that and indicating change may be required is not losing one's head but rationally calculating what the root causes of the current problems may be.

To me it seems evident that the offense doesn't have the talent right now to execute effectively on Sundays.

On defense, where I think the team has better talent coaching has been mediocre at best and so far failed to get the most out of it.

It appears the defense has performed a bit better since Gruden departed although I still see high picks like Sweat, Anderson and Moreau that appear lost at times and not receiving the attention they need to progress more rapidly.

Seriously though, one doesn't need to expend any emotional energy to recognize this team is a hot mess. Just two eyes and some common sense. I pretty sure nobody here loses sleep over this team anymore. I know I don't.

Depending on if the new GM uses next season as salary dumpalooza I wouldn't mind the team taking a modest but fair attempt for Amari Cooper. With Scary on one side and Cooper on the other we'd have a helluva tandem to back the secondary up for fill in the blank rb.

On the other hand if we use next season to dump all worthless vets and dead cap I'd be okay with that as well. That option would require some mega trade downs to fill the MANY holes we have on offense, & more than likely another tank season.

I don't think a rebuilding team needs to go out and spend megabucks on another receiver or indeed any position.

The first priority is accumulating draft capital and setting the foundation.

Once you do that you can then target specific positions via trade or free agency to fill the holes that remain.

In re wide receiver, I would be giving Kelvin Harmon and Steven Sims more opportunities while I would give less to Paul Richardson.

He's a capable #3 on a middling team and a #4 on a good team.

He's a known quantity and at 28 doesn't have much upside from here.

To me the crying need on offense is a TE that can both catch and block.

A good TE is a young qb's best friend.

"The Redskins trade a down few positions in the first round and gain the following: A second rounder. A third rounder. A sixth rounder. A 2021 second rounder. A 2022 second rounder."

BB, unless we're trading way down from our current third position, we're not getting all of this back in return.

Top five picks bring premium returns. Top three picks bring a King's ransom. That's the way it works.

Agreed, a top 3-4 pick this year is golden.

Besides the quarterbacks there are two franchise tackles and a number of other talent/skill level performers that weren't in the 2019 draft.

It's funny we took a quarterback in 2019 as it was generally considered to be a thin class with such a rich one coming in 2020.

That failure to wait and play for 2020 rather than the actual selection of Haskins in 2019 may be to the detriment of the team down the road.

Even if he works 100% and vastly improves through study there are better, more naturally instinctive passers coming out this time.

Doing great BB. Hope you are as well.

My difference with your assessment of the Vikings game is on defense. I thought for being on a short week, with all hell breaking loose in the media, on the road, against a good team, that they did much better than many expected. I'd bump that grade up to a B.

I would also want to leave the decision on Kerrigan up to the next staff. If the next group wants to switch the D back to a base 4-3, I think Ryan would be ideal. All the rest you mentioned are history, in my mind.

And I know you stay up on the draft, at least to some degree, 365 days a year.

But it's a bit early for me yet.

Thanks for all your work, brother.

I appreciate the kind words.

C+ is pretty close to a B, so we pretty much agree. In my book, a loss is a loss and it can lower a grade by one letter - not always, but this is my rationale for the grade.

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone. Loving the conversations.

Ok friends, I want you to read this article and read it carefully. This is serious and for those of us who are a part of the Redskins media - including those of us who are a part of the "citizens media" have known of the rumors for several months. We didn't know for certain, but word had circulated.

Remember when I posted a pic of the top of my head and mentioned brain surgery when I was younger? That was in the offseason blog as you may recall. I couldn't say anything then because the story was only a rumor. But I put it out there as far as I could go and used my own experience as for what Trent could be going through.

I don't want arguments. I don't want name calling. Most of all, I want zero attacks on Trent. I know what he went through. I know a lot of what he has been feeling. Please don't make this personal - just don't do it. I've been there.

https://thefandc.radio.com/articles/news/trent-williams-redskins-cancer

https://twitter.com/KeithBritton86/status/1189506399509909508

"@CharlesRobinson on Yahoo! Sports NFL Podcast “The Cleveland #Browns are furious w/ the Washington Redskins over Trent Williams.” Says 6 wks ago, Redskins could've had 1st rd pk for Williams from CLE. WASH waited 6 wks, CLE basically said “kiss my ass, you're not calling me now”

Two loser organizations showing why they are perennial losers. We've all talked about how Allen and the rest of the FO blew this from their side. But for the Browns to also (allegedly) put pettiness over improving their team is just as equally ridiculous. It's why both teams are the laughing stock of the league.

I read the article. I don't know what the full story is (and neither does anyone here) but I'm pretty sure we're not ever going to get the full story (even when more facts are known) from anyone from 106.7 The Fan. Doesn't mean the essentials of what they are reporting are wrong. But I'm fairly confident there is more to this than what we got today from Trent.

I'm not going to get into some of the many questions I'd have for Trent Williams because it's a hot button topic. I don't hate the guy. But I think there are hard questions that no one is asking him. Allen and Snyder have earned no benefit of the doubt and they won't get any. But the reason the team is asking for a league look at the situation is because they are prohibited by HIPAA protections from discussing what transpired with Williams medical situation themselves.

But folks are going to respond, and even argue. It's what happens on an internet forum.

What I don't understand is why Williams is still a Redskin. I don't understand why neither the team nor he has figured out a way to part ways when it seems like it's in everyone's interest to do so. Frankly - it's bizarre.

Screw Cleveland. Williams would not have passed their physical either. Unless, of course, he's making it up.

We're watching PR fencing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.