• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Grades, Predictions, Evals, Questions, 2019 Season

Scherff should be a tag n trade as for the rest Smallwood, Flowers & Bostic

Why does there seem to be a push to get rid of Scherff? I see him as a good foundation to a new line.

Why am I the only person who thinks maybe Young's stock should have dropped just a little, after the Clemson game the other night ?

I don't know but it is possible to allow for an off night. The Big ten Championship he was double and triple teamed all night. Whenever he's singled he gets to or pressures the QB. he absolutely an every down player and is as effective against the run as he is against the pass. Of course I'm biased as an OSU fan but given what the Bosas have done and that he's shown he's better in every way I'd say taking a 2 games sample to discount the body of work that has people calling him the best lineman since Clowney is short sighted at best.

Passing on this kid would be yet another epic bonehead move by this FO. You dont pass on guys like Young.

Why does there seem to be a push to get rid of Scherff? I see him as a good foundation to a new line.

I don't understand that either. Trade Williams,get rid of Bergstrom and keep Scherff and Flowers.

Use what draft capital you get on Williams and keep building the roster.

I don't understand that either. Trade Williams,get rid of Bergstrom and keep Scherff and Flowers.

Use what draft capital you get on Williams and keep building the roster.

It's not that I wouldn't sign our best OL, I just don't see him re-signing with us unless it's under a tag. Maybe things are different with new leadership, but I just get the feeling he'll I be out the door as soon as possible.

The reason I would net picks from him now is greed. Dude was already offered top dollar at his position and repeatedly turned it down. To me, changing the culture means letting the market setters walk.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nf...ff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp

The reason he turned down top $ could be from a combination of Gruden, Bruce, or even the training staff. Setting the market has been a theme for skins players for years & I'd rather cut ties now if he honestly just doesn't want to be with them anymore. Same with Trent

Last edited:
If I am the Redskins I am not spending $14M a year on guard Brandon Scherff.

That is a LOT of money for that position and at 28 he has shown himself to be a guy that misses time with injuries.

He also IMO is not one of the 5 best guards in the NFL so why pay him like it?

For New England or Pittsburgh this would be a case of not seeing the value in a top 3-5 deal, letting the player go and taking the comp pick and moving on.

Guess what I am doing? Yep, I am working on the offseason blog.

You're welcome.

BurnersBurning.php.png

Burner's Burning Questions: Grades, Predictions, Evals, Questions, 2019 Season

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. The holiday season is over and gifts have been given and received. We hope the holiday season has been one of peace, joy, and love for you and your loved ones. Hello to everyone on social media. You are our honored guests, so sit back and enjoy.

The Redskins sputtered down the stretch in their season finale after putting up a good fight early in the game on Sunday against the Cowboys. The Burgundy and Gold concludes the 2019 season with a record of 3-13. Problems continued to mount throughout the season and the changes we see (more are still to come) have been inevitable for many weeks. The Redskins hold the second overall pick in the following rounds of the 2020 NFL draft: first, third, fourth, fifth, and seventh. They also have extra picks in the fourth (comp. pick) and seventh (trade) rounds. The struggling displays this season had fans fuming and calling for the heads of the team president, defensive coordinator, and owner. Today we assign grades for the Cowboys game and bid farewell to the 2019 BBQ inseason blog here at BGO. We also include what the Redskins should do in the 2020 free agency market. Also, we have a 2020 mock draft and it includes trades.

BBQ would love to see your final grades and evaluations if you are so inclined to do so. Give us your thoughts on 2020 free agency. And, if you're wanting to do more, feel free to put up a 2020 mock draft. There are no restrictions here. Go for it!

Upcoming Dates:
- To Be Listed.

Week Seventeen: Grades and Evaluations
Offense:
The offense struggled to maintain pace with the Cowboys and continued to fall further behind until the game was out of reach. Steven Sims has an exciting future in Washington. Tight Hale Hentges deserves a chance to make the roster in 2020. Wes Martin proved that he can play at this level, but needs more experience – time is on his side. Kelvin Harmon has a bright future in the Burgundy and Gold. Adrian Peterson continues to play as if he is 24, not 34.
BBQ Grade: D-

Defense:
A new defensive coordinator and scheme are coming to Washington and it is sorely needed. The defensive line is a very talented group. Montez Sweat is going to be a stud in this league. Ryan Anderson elevated his game this year. Cole Holcomb is a star in the making. Shaun Dion Hamilton makes timely plays, but he needs to take his game to the next level. Jon Bostic was solid at times throughout the season. The secondary needs a lot of work, especially with the attitudes. But let's face it – last Sunday was pathetic.
BBQ Grade: F

Special Teams:
Tress Way had another excellent season and it is no surprise that he was chosen as a first team Pro Bowl punter recently. Dustin Hopkins connected on all three of his field goal attempts and he has solidified his hold on the job. The return units had a low key game, but a decent season.
BBQ Grade: A

Coaching:
The offensive coaching was something to forget in this game and the defensive coaching was even worse. Special teams had a good game. Be thankful that there are new sheriffs coming to town.
BBQ Grade: F

Week Eighteen Prediction: None – Season Completed
BBQ finishes 13-3 on the season and we wish the Redskins had the same record, but it was difficult to be right so many times. The team closes out this decade with a record that is abysmal and embarrasing.
Redskins vs ???: Stadium Unknown – Location Unknown, Day and Time Unknown, EDT
Television: FOX, CBS, NBC, ESPN???
BBQ Prediction: A Redskins Victory
Final 2019 BBQ Record: 13-3

Redskins Free Agency 2020
The Redskins are projected to have substantial cap space for 2020. A new CBA could push the total much higher. Generous cap space and so much more to be gained should be taken advantage of during this upcoming off-season. Here is what BBQ projects:
1. Release or trade CB Josh Norman - $12.5M additional cap space gained.
2. Release or trade OT Trent Williams - $12.75M additional cap space gained.
3. Release or trade OLB Ryan Kerrigan - $11.75M additional cap space gained.
4. Release TE Jordan Reed - $8.5M additional cap space gained.
5. Release WR Paul Richardson - $6.5M additional cap space gained (post June 1).
6. Franchise OG Brandon Scherff – Trade for a 2020 second round pick and a 2021 third round choice.
7. Re-sign OG Ereck Flowers.
8. Tender RFA DE Caleb Brantley.
9. Re-sign ILB Jon Bostic.
10. Re-sign OLB Nate Orchard
11. Sign FS Tre Boston of the Panthers.
12. Sign Edge/OLB/DE Yannick Ngakoue of the Jaguars.
13. Sign CB James Bradberry of the Panthers.
14. Sign RFA TE Jacob Hollister of the Seahawks to a modest contract.
15. Sign QB Blake Bortles of the Rams to a modest contract.
16. Sign OT/RT Germain Ifedi of the Seahawks to a modest contract.
17. Sign OG Joe Thuney of the Patriots.

In-Season Mock Draft
The Redskins trade Brandon Scherff for a second round pick and a 2021 third round selection. The Redskins trade Trent Williams for a third rounder. The team also trades their second overall pick for an additional first rounder, a second rounder, a third rounder and a sixth rounder. They also receive 2021 second and seventh round selections along with a 2022 third rounder.
Round One: Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio St.
Round One: Grant Delpit, FS, Louisiana St.
Round Two: Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue
Round Two: Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge, Penn St.
Round Three: Austin Jackson, OT, Southern California
Round Three: Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest
Round Three: Monty Rice, ILB, Georgia
Round Four: Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
Round Four (Comp): Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia
Round Five: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
Round Six: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty
Round Seven: Steven Montez, QB, Colorado
Round Seven: Naquan Jones, DT, Michigan St.

Final Thoughts
The 2019 season slides into the history books and this is the final formal entry to the 2019 BBQ inseason blog. The new offseason blog will be posted tomorrow and it will contain key dates for the 2020 NFL offseason. We will have the first free agency update early next week and the first mock draft a few days later.

It has been a pleasure to produce the weekly inseason grades and evals for you once again. We all wish the 2019 season would've been better, but the changes that are coming point to a better 2020.

Thanks for your comments throughout the season and making this blog the best one yet. The new inseason blog will be posted in early September.

I could definitely live with this mock draft. Odukah's stock rose with his performance in the bowl game, and he was already a top 5.

If we can trade down for multiple picks and still land him, I would be ecstatic, even if it means another stop gap at LT, but you have Austin Jackson dropping to the 3rd round.

What I've seen so far is that he's a top half of the 1st round talent.

And I really like Najee Harris.

I would trade the #2 but only if we get multiple firsts back.

If Miami at #6 wants to move up to #2 for that pick as well as their #2 5 overall and a #2 or 3 in 2021 that's fine.

But given what we gave up for Griffin in moving from #7 to #2 no less.

OT Alex Leatherwood will not enter the 2020 draft and is returning to Alabama.

2020 is shaping up to be a helluva draft.

For some guys going back in 2021 means much higher draft positioning and $$.

I'm going to post the new offseason blog in a few minutes. I will wait to announce it on social media until tomorrow.

Happy New Year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.