• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Grades, Predictions, Evals, Questions, 2019 Season

Ryman, we simply can't continue to take OLB with our high picks, there are other areas of need. If we can't identify and draft the appropriate candidates as edge rushers than we need to go into free agency and sign one.

In the past 8 years look at what we have done:

2011 - Ryan Kerrigan - #1 choice
2014 - Trent Murphy - #2 choice
2015 - Preston Smith - #2 choice
2017 - Ryan Anderson - #2 choice
2019 - Montez Sweat - #1 choice

That's enough draft picks to build out the core of an entire defense!

Meanwhile, other than Kerrigan we are wondering if the players on this list that are still here are going to improve to justify their draft position, not to mention the ones that we didn't re-sign and allowed to go play for other teams, who seem to get more out of them.

Smith and Murphy are starting on winning teams in this league. Murphy is starting on the #3 defense in the league. Smith is on pace for about 15 sacks this season.

It's not that we can't draft decent OLBs. That's not the problem.

There is talk now of a contract extension for Ryan Kerrigan at age 31.

I just don't get it.

This team loves to reward and hold onto ‘fan favorites' whether they can play or (as is the case with Kerrigan) their skills have dropped off dramatically. I mean - look how long they kept parading DHall out there, and Josh Norman is another current example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is talk now of a contract extension for Ryan Kerrigan at age 31.

I just don't get it.

It's like someone is intentionally trying to destroy the team. Why would you extend someone that is clearly slipping and on the downside of a career?

Josh Norman is no fan favorite. I haven't run into anyone that respects his game or his attitude.

IMO he is being kept on the roster by Bruce because he convinced Snyder to spend $15M a year on Norman as a free agent and doesn't want to admit he made a mistake.

Josh Norman is no fan favorite. I haven't run into anyone that respects his game or his attitude.

IMO he is being kept on the roster by Bruce because he convinced Snyder to spend $15M a year on Norman as a free agent and doesn't want to admit he made a mistake.

Yeah, you're probably right about that. I wasn't really putting him forward as an example of a fan favorite, but more a player who skills have a clearly dropped off the map and yet we seem determined to ride him off the cliff.

I wonder if they'll do the same next season, then franchise him for the next 2 seasons?

That's funny!

A surefire way to attract the game's best players to DC!

Brudan are the gift that keeps on giving. I wasn't predisposed to be all that empathetic to Williams. In truth, I just don't give a hoot any longer. It's one more symbol of how unmoored and detached from reality this FO is. They get lost in the sideshows.

This team loves to reward and hold onto ‘fan favorites' whether they can play or (as is the case with Kerrigan) their skills have dropped off dramatically. I mean - look how long they kept parading DHall out there, and Josh Norman is another current example.

I remember in the not so distant path, the argument was that they didn't reward their players enough.

My how times have changed.

Interesting that Gruden indicated he wanted to cut Swearinger at the beginning of 2018 but was overruled by the front office.

Then weeks into the season Swearinger blew up and spewed all over the coaches, team and owner and was finally released.

Gruden was 50% of the problem with his view of bringing in qbs and getting them productive quickly, etc but the front office whiffed on so many decisions no coach could have really succeeded long term.

Bruce and the FO are the proverbial 100 pound anvil.

Haskins has been named starter for the remainder of the season.

So, going from 1-7 to 1-8 was enough to cause the ‘braintrust' to determine the competitive portion of the season is over 🙈

Wasn't it just 10 days ago Callahan said Keenum is the starter and our best chance to win?

This entire organization moves as slowly as a pregnant turtle 😆😆😆😆😆

I believe we're supposed to get Guice back for the Jets as well. Hoping hard the kid can stay on the field and take pressure off Haskins, AP, and the defense.

I sure hope Haskins shows well for the future because we need TWO tackles in 2020.

Trent is gone and I am really sick and tired of seeing Morgan Moses derail drives with ill-timed penalties each week.

It's an indictment of the front office that Moses is playing this poorly for TWO years and we can't sit him down.

We drafted Geron Christian with a #3 pick and after 2 years he can't compete to start over 36 year old Donald Penn and Moses.

Another case of overdrafting.

I went back and looked up his draft bio.

He was rated as a 5-6th rounder.

We took him way early.

I predicted a much closer game, but I do go to 10-0 on the season. Before the game, I thought the Skins had a realistic chance. This is just underwhelming.

I predicted a much closer game, but I do go to 10-0 on the season. Before the game, I thought the Skins had a realistic chance. This is just underwhelming.

Well at least they scored a touchdown for a change. Hadn't done that for 17 quarters. Pathetic.

BurnersBurning.php.png

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. The holiday season is here and we hope it will be the best for you and your loved ones. Hello to everyone on social media. You are our honored guest, so sit back and enjoy.

The Redskins continue their woes and miseries and it is a complete and total disaster for the 2019 season - fans have no hope it seems. There will be a new head coach this winter. Assistant coaches are barely hanging on and if the NFL draft was held today, the Burgundy and Gold would have the second overall pick in the 2020 draft. The struggling displays this season have fans fuming and calling for the heads of the team president, defensive coordinator, and owner. Today we assign grades for the Jets game and make a prediction for the Lions game. We also include what the Redskins should do in the 2020 free agency market. Also, we have a 2020 mock draft and it includes one trade.

BBQ would love to see your grades and evaluations each week if you are so inclined to do so. Too, your predictions for the next game are always appreciated. Give us your thoughts on 2020 free agency. And, if you're wanting to do more, feel free to put up 2020 a mock draft. There are no restrictions here. Go for it!

Upcoming Dates:
- Days until Thanksgiving: 8
- Days until the Eagles game: 25
- Days until the Giants game: 32
- Days until Christmas: 35
- Days until the Cowboys game: 39

Week Eleven: Grades and Evaluations
Offense:
Dwayne Haskins was on the field for his second start and it started poorly, but he had a few good moments in the fourth quarter. Derrius Guice flashed some of his potential. Terry McLaurin is special and he will have a long career in the NFL (hopefully, with the Redskins). Kelvin Harmon had his best game thus far. Despite all of these positives, the offensive line outside of Ereck Flowers was a disaster. The tight ends were a laughable joke. This unit needs to do better.
BBQ Grade: D-

Defense:
The defense was pathetic against another struggling franchise and made that team look like a playoff contender. The secondary took the day off. The pass rushers were taking a nap. It was an absolute disaster.
BBQ Grade: F

Special Teams:
Dustin Hopkins can't afford to miss mid-level field goal attempts. Tress Way was productive, but did not overwhelm. The punt and kick returns were very subpar.
BBQ Grade: D

Coaching:
Was there a game plan? Did the defensive coaches take extra time off during the bye week? Does anyone on this staff care or are they ready to call it a season in mid November?
BBQ Grade: F

Week Twelve Prediction: Lions at Redskins
BBQ hated to be wrong in the game against the Jets, but the men in green won handily and covered the spread with ease. BBQ moves to 10-0 and we'll see what happens over the next six games. Detroit has lost three in a row and the Redskins hope to find a win this week. BBQ thinks the Redskins will continue to struggle.
Lions vs. Redskins: FedEx Field – Landover, MD, Sunday 1:00pm EST
Television: FOX
BBQ Prediction: Lions 23 Redskins 17
Current BBQ Record: 10-0

Redskins Free Agency 2020
The Redskins are projected to have substantial cap space for 2020. A new CBA could push the total much higher. Generous cap space and so much more to be gained should be taken advantage of during this upcoming off-season. Here is what BBQ projects:
1. Release or trade CB Josh Norman - $12.5M additional cap space gained.
2. Release or trade OT Trent Williams - $12.75M additional cap space gained.
3. Release or trade OLB Ryan Kerrigan - $11.75M additional cap space gained.
4. Release TE Jordan Reed - $8.5M additional cap space gained.
5. Franchise OG Brandon Scherff and trade for a 2020 first rounder and a 2021 third rounder.
6. Re-sign RB Wendell Smallwood.
7. Re-sign OG Ereck Flowers.
8. Tender RFA DE Caleb Brantley.
9. Sign WR Amari Cooper of the Cowboys.
10. Sign CB Byron Jones of the Cowboys.
11. Sign Edge/OLB/DE Yannick Ngakoue of the Jaguars.
12. Sign Edge/OLB Dante Fowler of the Rams.
13. Sign TE Austin Hooper of the Falcons.
14. Sign QB Nate Sudfeld of the Eagles to a modest contract.
15. Sign OT/RT Germain Ifedi of the Seahawks.

In-Season Mock Draft
The Redskins trade a down few positions in the first round and gain the following: A second rounder. A third rounder. A fourth rounder. 2021 first and fifth rounders. A 2022 third rounder. The Redskins franchise OG Brandon Scherff and trade him for a 2020 first rounder and a 2021 third rounder.
Round One: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Round One: Tyler Biadasz, OG, Wisconsin
Round Two: Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue
Round Three: Curtis Weaver, OLB, Boise St.
Round Three: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
Round Four: Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia
Round Four: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa
Round Four (Comp): Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
Round Five: Paddy Fisher, ILB, Northwestern
Round Seven: Leki Fotu, DT, Utah.
Round Seven: Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan

If the stupid Bengals would just win a couple games we could very likely end up with the 1st pick in every round. An additional 1st rounder could go a long way in a rebuild year and I would love the tackle Thomas with our top pick. Hopefully the new GM will be very tempted to take the LSU safety Delpit with the additional 1st rounder though, he and Collins could finally lock up the back end for quite a few years.

Edit: As long as we finish ahead of the phins in tankathon 2019 we should be able to obtain at least one of their three 1st's with a trade back.

Last edited:
Man, if the Redskins manage to get that first overall pick, they will get a King's ransom and it is possible they could trade down a bit more than one time and still get their targeted players. I don't cheer openly for losses, but I won't be upset if this scenario happens.

BurnersBurning.php.png

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. The holiday season is here and we hope it will be the best for you and your loved ones. Hello to everyone on social media. You are our honored guest, so sit back and enjoy.

The Redskins were able to break through with a victory on Sunday, but no one seems to be in a celebratory mood as the team continues their woes and miseries - it is still a complete and total disaster for the 2019 season. There will be a new head coach this winter. Assistant coaches are barely hanging on and if the NFL draft was held today, the Burgundy and Gold would have the fourth overall pick in the 2020 draft. The struggling displays this season have fans fuming and calling for the heads of the team president, defensive coordinator, and owner. Today we assign grades for the Lions game and make a prediction for the Panthers game. We also include what the Redskins should do in the 2020 free agency market. Also, we have a 2020 mock draft and it includes one trade.

BBQ would love to see your grades and evaluations each week if you are so inclined to do so. Too, your predictions for the next game are always appreciated. Give us your thoughts on 2020 free agency. And, if you're wanting to do more, feel free to put up a 2020 mock draft. There are no restrictions here. Go for it!

Upcoming Dates:
- Days until Thanksgiving: 2
- Days until the Eagles game: 19
- Days until the Giants game: 26
- Days until Christmas: 29
- Days until the Cowboys game: 33

Week Twelve: Grades and Evaluations
Offense:
Dwayne Haskins took some good steps forward, especially in the fourth quarter. He did miss some open receivers – three of which should've been touchdowns. Derrius Guice flashed some of his potential once again, but Adrian Peterson struggled. Kelvin Harmon continues to prove that he was a sixth round steal. The tight ends were non-existent, but the offensive line had a respectable game.
BBQ Grade: C+

Defense:
The defense played quite well and limited the Lions with blitzes and constant pressure on the quarterback. Containing the quarterback at times was an issue. The secondary had their best game of the season and even though Jimmy Moreland whiffed on an easy pick six late in the game, his play was solid. Fabian Moreau had his best game as a Redskin thus far.
BBQ Grade: B

Special Teams:
Dustin Hopkins was money on Sunday and his field goals proved to be the difference. Tress Way was solid after a couple of subpar games – at least by his standards. Steven Sims is showing himself to be the real deal as an all-around player.
BBQ Grade: A

Coaching:
It wasn't the prettiest of victories, but the team did record a much needed win. The offense did not overwhelm, but performed when it mattered the most. The defense seemed to play with a determined purpose on Sunday. Special teams provided the sparks that were needed.
BBQ Grade: C+

Week Thirteen Prediction: Redskins at Panthers
BBQ admittedly had mixed emotions about the Lions game, but not because we picked the wrong team. Draft position is important heading into the off-season, but BBQ will never cheer for the team to lose. BBQ moves to 10-1 and we'll see what happens over the next five games. Carolina has lost three in a row and four of their last five games, but they can put points on the board quickly and are heavily favored on Sunday.
Redskins vs Panthers: Bank of America Stadium – Charlotte, NC, Sunday 1:00pm EST
Television: CBS
BBQ Prediction: Panthers 28 Redskins 20
Current BBQ Record: 10-1

Redskins Free Agency 2020
The Redskins are projected to have substantial cap space for 2020. A new CBA could push the total much higher. Generous cap space and so much more to be gained should be taken advantage of during this upcoming off-season. Here is what BBQ projects:
1. Release or trade CB Josh Norman - $12.5M additional cap space gained.
2. Release or trade OT Trent Williams - $12.75M additional cap space gained.
3. Release or trade OLB Ryan Kerrigan - $11.75M additional cap space gained.
4. Release TE Jordan Reed - $8.5M additional cap space gained.
5. Franchise OG Brandon Scherff and trade for a 2020 first rounder and a 2021 third rounder.
6. Re-sign RB Wendell Smallwood.
7. Re-sign OG Ereck Flowers.
8. Tender RFA DE Caleb Brantley.
9. Sign WR Amari Cooper of the Cowboys.
10. Sign CB Byron Jones of the Cowboys.
11. Sign Edge/OLB/DE Yannick Ngakoue of the Jaguars.
12. Sign Edge/OLB Dante Fowler of the Rams.
13. Sign TE Austin Hooper of the Falcons.
14. Sign QB Nate Sudfeld of the Eagles to a modest contract.
15. Sign OT/RT Germain Ifedi of the Seahawks.

In-Season Mock Draft
The Redskins franchise OG Brandon Scherff and trade him for a 2020 first rounder and a 2021 third rounder.
Round One: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Round One: Tyler Biadasz, OG, Wisconsin
Round Three: Jared Pickney, TE, Vanderbilt
Round Four: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa
Round Four (Comp): Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
Round Five: Paddy Fisher, ILB, Northwestern
Round Seven: Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M
Round Seven: Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.