• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Grades, Predictions, Evals, Questions, 2019 Season

Oh wow! Kellen Mond? I have watched a number of A&M games over the past 2 seasons and have seen him struggle a lot against good defenses. He is competitive, but disappears at the most crucial times.

I would take a pass on him. I think he has held that A&M team back in a number of games.

Redskins Free Agency 2020
The Redskins are projected to have substantial cap space for 2020. A new CBA could push the total much higher. Generous cap space and so much more to be gained should be taken advantage of during this upcoming off-season. Here is what BBQ projects:
1. Release or trade CB Josh Norman - $12.5M additional cap space gained.
2. Release or trade OT Trent Williams - $12.75M additional cap space gained.
3. Release or trade OLB Ryan Kerrigan - $11.75M additional cap space gained.
4. Release TE Jordan Reed - $8.5M additional cap space gained.
5. Franchise OG Brandon Scherff and trade for a 2020 first rounder and a 2021 third rounder.
6. Re-sign RB Wendell Smallwood.
7. Re-sign OG Ereck Flowers.
8. Tender RFA DE Caleb Brantley.

9. Sign WR Amari Cooper of the Cowboys.
10. Sign CB Byron Jones of the Cowboys.
11. Sign Edge/OLB/DE Yannick Ngakoue of the Jaguars.
12. Sign Edge/OLB Dante Fowler of the Rams.
13. Sign TE Austin Hooper of the Falcons.
14. Sign QB Nate Sudfeld of the Eagles to a modest contract.
15. Sign OT/RT Germain Ifedi of the Seahawks.

I was looking for info on which Redskins will become UFA's (also RFA's) this offseason.
And which of those FA's are likely to leave and which ones likely to re-sign.
I know there are more FA's from the Skins than the ones in bold, so I was curious what's the outlook on them...

Pretty sure Spotrac is has an accurate gauge in player contracts, not 100% sure though

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/contracts/

Edit: I also hope the team comes up with some type of agreement with Alex Smith to not play again. Would hate to see him go through anything close to the rehab he endured a 2nd time.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Spotrac is has an accurate gauge in player contracts, not 100% sure though

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/contracts/

Edit: I also hope the team comes up with some type of agreement with Alex Smith to not play again. Would hate to see him go through anything close to the rehab he endured a 2nd time.

Cool, I would add to BB's list, to re-sign Bostic, especially since it does not show us signing another FA ILB.

Oh wow! Kellen Mond? I have watched a number of A&M games over the past 2 seasons and have seen him struggle a lot against good defenses. He is competitive, but disappears at the most crucial times.

I would take a pass on him. I think he has held that A&M team back in a number of games.

I have the Redskins taking a flyer on him in the 7th round. Not the 4th or 5th round. Notice what I did in the FA recommendations.

I have the Redskins taking a flyer on him in the 7th round. Not the 4th or 5th round. Notice what I did in the FA recommendations.

I see you're in for bringing Sudfeld back...I think we never should have let him get snagged off the PS in the first place. I like that idea.

I just have to wonder if he'd sign if Alex Smith is truly making a comeback...or if he'd even be willing to come on and sit behind Haskins.

As for Mond, I think last night's performance, albeit against the best team in the country, shows how ineffective he is at the college level. There will be 2 or 3 other QB's I'd rather take a 7th round flier.

BurnersBurning.php.png

Burner's Burning Questions: Grades, Predictions, Evals, Questions, 2019 Season

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. The holiday season is here and we hope it will be the best for you and your loved ones. Hello to everyone on social media. You are our honored guest, so sit back and enjoy.

The Redskins were able to break through with another victory on Sunday and more fans seem to be in a celebratory mood this week. Problems still exist and changes are still likely to occur. There will be a new head coach this winter. Assistant coaches are barely hanging on and if the NFL draft was held today, the Burgundy and Gold would have the third overall pick in the 2020 draft. The struggling displays this season still have fans fuming and calling for the heads of the team president, defensive coordinator, and owner. Today we assign grades for the Panthers game and make a prediction for the Packers game. We also include what the Redskins should do in the 2020 free agency market. Also, we have a 2020 mock draft and it includes one trade.

BBQ would love to see your grades and evaluations each week if you are so inclined to do so. Too, your predictions for the next game are always appreciated. Give us your thoughts on 2020 free agency. And, if you're wanting to do more, feel free to put up a 2020 mock draft. There are no restrictions here. Go for it!

Upcoming Dates:
- Days until the Eagles game: 12
- Days until the Giants game: 19
- Days until Christmas: 22
- Days until the Cowboys game: 26

Week Thirteen: Grades and Evaluations
Offense:
Dwayne Haskins took some good steps forward once again and did not panic when his team was down, 14-0. Steven Sims has earned the right to start in the slot. Kelvin Harmon is asserting himself and proving that he should've been selected several rounds earlier in the 2019 draft. Derrius Guice had his coming out party and Adrian Peterson improved as the game progressed. The blocking was good, but there were a few missed assignments. Five sacks allowed is not a good stat. Ereck Flowers has really turned his career around and Geron Christian is slowly fitting into his role as a swing tackle. Jeremy Sprinkle had a decent day, but did drop an easy pass from Haskins after an amazing scramble.
BBQ Grade: B

Defense:
The defense came to life late in the first quarter after giving up two quick touchdowns early on. The front seven was on fire and Nate Orchard suddenly came out of nowhere to play an impressive game. Ditto for Chris Odom. Keep an eye on these two players. Seven sacks are impressive, even if it is against Kyle Allen. Containing Christian McCaffrey was absolutely impressive. Fabian Moreau had another fine game, but he did allow a receiver to get wide open early in the second quarter for what could've been a 21-6 deficit. Overall, a very good game from this unit on the road.
BBQ Grade: B+

Special Teams:
Dustin Hopkins was solid on Sunday and his field goals proved to be crucial in the victory. Tress Way had his best game of the season thus far and had a punt that traveled an insane seventy-nine yards. Steven Sims is continuing to show himself as the real deal and as an all-around player.
BBQ Grade: A

Coaching:
It started off poorly, but the team stuck to a plan and it paid off. The offense did not overwhelm once again, but they performed when it mattered the most and took advantage of several opportunities. The defense seemed to play with a determined purpose for the second week in a row. Special teams were rather special on Sunday.
BBQ Grade: B

Week Fourteen Prediction: Redskins at Packers
BBQ moves to 10-2 after a 10-0 start, but we're glad to be wrong at times. The team travels to the frozen tundra of Wisconsin and a chilly reception is likely awaiting them. The Redskins have scored two wins in a row over backup quarterbacks that are struggling. Green Bay leads the NFC North and will add to their win total on Sunday. Aaron Rodgers is not Kyle Allen or Jeff Driskel and the Redskins will face that harsh reality on Sunday. BBQ thinks the Redskins will come crashing back to earth against the Packers, but the team is still taking steps in the right direction.
Redskins vs Packers: Lambeau Field – Green Bay, WI, Sunday 1:00pm EST
Television: FOX
BBQ Prediction: Packers 45 Redskins 24
Current BBQ Record: 10-2

Redskins Free Agency 2020
The Redskins are projected to have substantial cap space for 2020. A new CBA could push the total much higher. Generous cap space and so much more to be gained should be taken advantage of during this upcoming off-season. Here is what BBQ projects:
1. Release or trade CB Josh Norman - $12.5M additional cap space gained.
2. Release or trade OT Trent Williams - $12.75M additional cap space gained.
3. Release or trade OLB Ryan Kerrigan - $11.75M additional cap space gained.
4. Release TE Jordan Reed - $8.5M additional cap space gained.
5. Franchise OG Brandon Scherff and trade for a 2020 first rounder and a 2021 third rounder.
6. Re-sign RB Wendell Smallwood.
7. Re-sign OG Ereck Flowers.
8. Tender RFA DE Caleb Brantley.
9. Re-sign OLB Nate Orchard.
10. Re-sign ILB Jon Bostic.
11. Sign WR Amari Cooper of the Cowboys.
12. Sign Edge/OLB/DE Yannick Ngakoue of the Jaguars.
13. Sign CB Byron Jones of the Cowboys.
14. Sign TE Austin Hooper of the Falcons.
15. Sign RFA TE Jacob Hollister of the Seahawks.
16. Sign QB Nate Sudfeld of the Eagles to a modest contract.
17. Sign OT/RT Germain Ifedi of the Seahawks.

In-Season Mock Draft
The Redskins franchise OG Brandon Scherff and trade him for a 2020 first rounder and a 2021 third rounder. The Redskins trade Trent Williams for a third rounder. The Redskins also trade Ryan Kerrigan after he agrees to a re-worked contract - for a fifth rounder.
Round One: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Round One: A.J. Epenesa, Edge, Iowa
Round Three: Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest
Round Three: Darryl Williams, OG, Mississippi St.
Round Four: Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford
Round Four (Comp): Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
Round Five: Paddy Fisher, ILB, Northwestern
Round Five: Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia
Round Seven: Bryce Perkins, QB, Virginia
Round Seven: Colton McKivitz, OT, West Virginia

What did you think of Callahan's decision to go for 2 in the 1st half instead of kicking the XP? I thought it was a bad mistake that thankfully didn't hurt, but they could have been up 9 after scoring their next TD. But by going for 2 and missing, they were only up 8 (one possession). I know I've killed Gruden for that in the past and it seems Callahan doesn't understand this either. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What did you think of Callahan's decision to go for 2 in the 1st half instead of kicking the XP? I thought it was a bad mistake that thankfully didn't hurt, but they could have been up 9 after scoring their next TD. But by going for 2 and missing, they were only up 8 (one possession). I know I've killed Gruden for that in the past and it seems Callahan doesn't understand this either. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was too early to go for two. Normally I would say take the one point and live to fight another day. You can always go for two later if you need to.

However ... the Redskins were getting in the endzone so rarely that there may not have been a later. I understand thinking ‘we may not get back here for awhile and this is oir chance to pile on points' with this team.

Also, Im not sure that wasnt a catch. I've seen worse counted as one, and it was ruled a catch on the field. I suspect if Brady had thrown that ball it would have been upheld ...

Last edited:
Man if the new GM could somehow acquire an additional 4th rounder I would love to add a FB type to the arsenal. This kid runs with attitude!

Walterfootball #FB
A.J. Dillon, FB/RB, Boston College
Height: 6-0. Weight: 245.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.
Projected Round (2020): 3-5.
11/30/19: Dillon has averaged 5.3 yards per carry this season for 1,507 yards with 13 touchdowns. He also has 11 catches for 177 yards and a touchdown.

8/17/19: The power back Dillon has been a tough runner in the ACC over the past two seasons. In 2018, Dillon averaged 4.9 yards per carry for 1,108 yards with 10 touchdowns. He also had eight receptions for 41 yards and a score. Dillon put together a big 2017 season, averaging 5.3 yards per carry for 1,589 yards with 14 touchdowns. He made zero receptions. Dillon could be a candidate to move to fullback in the NFL.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2020FB.php#CZQyr8osj96SHxXw.99

Probably need to draft another RB. It appears that Guice is the Jordan Reed of RBs- talented but brittle.

Bad attribute to have in a RB........

Too many holes on this team.

Allen has had, what, 10 years to build a competive roster. He's a complete, utter, total failure.

Next year is not going to be much better:

1. LOT fix.
2. ROT upgrade
3. Top tier CB (maybe two)
4. TE to provide real options in the passing game
5. Speed recevier to complement McLaurin
6. A real pass-rusher if Sweat continues to be a non-factor when it counts
7. A real QB if Haskins can't run through his progressions in less than 1/2 hour

It's not going to be that much better next year. Especially if Bruce is here.

Yeah, love me some AP too but our cupboard is looking empty after those 2. This whole draft should be dedicated to offense, especially the o-line. Another RB or even 2 would go a long way in a rebuild though.

I love Dillon's running style, and would enjoy seeing a diesel back there finishing every run with a shoulder. If we could grab him and the Alabama back we'd be cooking with gas.

Too many holes on this team.

Allen has had, what, 10 years to build a competive roster. He's a complete, utter, total failure.

Next year is not going to be much better:

1. LOT fix.
2. ROT upgrade
3. Top tier CB (maybe two)
4. TE to provide real options in the passing game
5. Speed recevier to complement McLaurin
6. A real pass-rusher if Sweat continues to be a non-factor when it counts
7. A real QB if Haskins can't run through his progressions in less than 1/2 hour

It's not going to be that much better next year. Especially if Bruce is here.

I can agree with your views other than #7 fan.
A 1st round LT is a must
BPA in the TE realm should be the 2nd pick
A mid round RT should be sought after as well, unless of course FA lends a better deal.

I didn't even want the kid to start this season due to everyone wanting him to save us from years of Bruce abuse. He's still getting up to the speed of the game after spending 1 college year at qb. It's a slower process than what we all wanted but he's making strides all the same.

The new GM should be able to tag n trade Scherff to anyone outside the division and that alone should net us picks for a TE and Slot receiver. Throw in a young/hungry RB and Haskins has zero excuses left for his sophomore season.

IF Bruce is still GM come draft time then it would be extremely hard to give the half damn we all have left for this team until that bastard is gone.

We did
Bryce Love.
He's hurt, but it's too early to call him injury prone.

Pretty sure he was suggesting that we need to draft another RB in the upcoming draft in light of drafting a RB last year who will not hit the field in his rookie year.

This team has the opportunity to really make up for years of bad roster management, like the stupidity of not having drafted a TE this season.

To do so, we absolutely need the top pick. Not second and not third. Then we could trade that top pick for a king's ransom. But it doesn't seem like that's in the cards.

We could draft Chase Young, but that isn't going to help anything. Look at the Bears and Khalil Mack.

Jerry Jeudy would be interesting, but he won't matter either. Look at the Falcons with Julio Jones or the Browns with OBJ.

No......we need a minimum of 3 first rounders to catch up with the rest of the league. And there's only one way to ever get there.

not sure about Haskins. I get it that the blocking hasn't been stellar. But he still sails the ball and misses a lot of open receivers in key situations. His accuracy is not good.

This team is gonna need a total rebuild. I'ld keep the young players with promise with 5 or fewer years in the NFl. Everyone else? They better be key to success. It all means nothing if Bruce keeps his position or power in the FO.

btw...no one ever seems to talk much about how bad our secondary continues to be....and has been for years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.