A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Round 1

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Re: Burner’s Burning Questions: Grades, Predictions, Evals, Questions, 2019 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Ryman, we simply can't continue to take OLB with our high picks, there are other areas of need. If we can't identify and draft the appropriate candidates as edge rushers than we need to go into free agency and sign one.

In the past 8 years look at what we have done:

2011 - Ryan Kerrigan - #1 choice
    2014 - Trent Murphy - #2 choice
    2015 - Preston Smith - #2 choice
    2017 - Ryan Anderson - #2 choice
    2019 - Montez Sweat - #1 choice

That's enough draft picks to build out the core of an entire defense!

Meanwhile, other than Kerrigan we are wondering if the players on this list that are still here are going to improve to justify their draft position, not to mention the ones that we didn't re-sign and allowed to go play for other teams, who seem to get more out of them.
    Smith and Murphy are starting on winning teams in this league. Murphy is starting on the #3 defense in the league. Smith is on pace for about 15 sacks this season.

It's not that we can't draft decent OLBs. That's not the problem.
    0 1 0 0

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Air Force

Default Re: Burner’s Burning Questions: Grades, Predictions, Evals, Questions, 2019 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    I wonder if they'll do the same next season, then franchise him for the next 2 seasons?
    A very real possibility if Brucifer is somehow still GM.
    0 1 0 0

“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us. They can’t get away this time.” - Chesty Puller

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

There is talk now of a contract extension for Ryan Kerrigan at age 31.

I just don’t get it.
    0 2 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

This team loves to reward and hold onto ‘fan favorites’ whether they can play or (as is the case with Kerrigan) their skills have dropped off dramatically. I mean - look how long they kept parading DHall out there, and Josh Norman is another current example.

Posted With Tapatalk
    0 1 0 0

You ain't bonafide

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

There is talk now of a contract extension for Ryan Kerrigan at age 31.

I just don’t get it.
    It's like someone is intentionally trying to destroy the team. Why would you extend someone that is clearly slipping and on the downside of a career?
    0 1 0 0

Formerly known as ...............Sarge

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Josh Norman is no fan favorite. I haven’t run into anyone that respects his game or his attitude.

IMO he is being kept on the roster by Bruce because he convinced Snyder to spend $15M a year on Norman as a free agent and doesn’t want to admit he made a mistake.
    0 2 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Josh Norman is no fan favorite. I haven’t run into anyone that respects his game or his attitude.

IMO he is being kept on the roster by Bruce because he convinced Snyder to spend $15M a year on Norman as a free agent and doesn’t want to admit he made a mistake.
    Yeah, you’re probably right about that. I wasn’t really putting him forward as an example of a fan favorite, but more a player who skills have a clearly dropped off the map and yet we seem determined to ride him off the cliff.

Posted With Tapatalk
    0 1 0 0

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    I wonder if they'll do the same next season, then franchise him for the next 2 seasons?
    That's funny!

A surefire way to attract the game's best players to DC!

Brudan are the gift that keeps on giving. I wasn't predisposed to be all that empathetic to Williams. In truth, I just don't give a hoot any longer. It's one more symbol of how unmoored and detached from reality this FO is. They get lost in the sideshows.
    0 1 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    This team loves to reward and hold onto ‘fan favorites’ whether they can play or (as is the case with Kerrigan) their skills have dropped off dramatically. I mean - look how long they kept parading DHall out there, and Josh Norman is another current example.

Posted With Tapatalk
    I remember in the not so distant path, the argument was that they didn't reward their players enough.

My how times have changed.
    0 1 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Interesting that Gruden indicated he wanted to cut Swearinger at the beginning of 2018 but was overruled by the front office.

Then weeks into the season Swearinger blew up and spewed all over the coaches, team and owner and was finally released.

Gruden was 50% of the problem with his view of bringing in qbs and getting them productive quickly, etc but the front office whiffed on so many decisions no coach could have really succeeded long term.

Bruce and the FO are the proverbial 100 pound anvil.
    0 1 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Haskins has been named starter for the remainder of the season.
    0 1 0 0

You ain't bonafide

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

So, going from 1-7 to 1-8 was enough to cause the ‘braintrust’ to determine the competitive portion of the season is over 🙈

Wasn’t it just 10 days ago Callahan said Keenum is the starter and our best chance to win?

This entire organization moves as slowly as a pregnant turtle 😆😆😆😆😆
    0 1 0 0

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Air Force

I believe we're supposed to get Guice back for the Jets as well. Hoping hard the kid can stay on the field and take pressure off Haskins, AP, and the defense.
    0 1 0 0

“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us. They can’t get away this time.” - Chesty Puller

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I sure hope Haskins shows well for the future because we need TWO tackles in 2020.

Trent is gone and I am really sick and tired of seeing Morgan Moses derail drives with ill-timed penalties each week.

It’s an indictment of the front office that Moses is playing this poorly for TWO years and we can’t sit him down.

We drafted Geron Christian with a #3 pick and after 2 years he can’t compete to start over 36 year old Donald Penn and Moses.

Another case of overdrafting.

I went back and looked up his draft bio.

He was rated as a 5-6th rounder.

We took him way early.
    0 1 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

I predicted a much closer game, but I do go to 10-0 on the season. Before the game, I thought the Skins had a realistic chance. This is just underwhelming.
    0 0 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Michigan State

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy Burner View Post
    I predicted a much closer game, but I do go to 10-0 on the season. Before the game, I thought the Skins had a realistic chance. This is just underwhelming.
    Well at least they scored a touchdown for a change. Hadn't done that for 17 quarters. Pathetic.
    0 1 0 0

Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

BurnersBurning.php.png

Burner’s Burning Questions: Grades, Predictions, Evals, Questions, 2019 Season

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. The holiday season is here and we hope it will be the best for you and your loved ones. Hello to everyone on social media. You are our honored guest, so sit back and enjoy.

The Redskins continue their woes and miseries and it is a complete and total disaster for the 2019 season - fans have no hope it seems. There will be a new head coach this winter. Assistant coaches are barely hanging on and if the NFL draft was held today, the Burgundy and Gold would have the second overall pick in the 2020 draft. The struggling displays this season have fans fuming and calling for the heads of the team president, defensive coordinator, and owner. Today we assign grades for the Jets game and make a prediction for the Lions game. We also include what the Redskins should do in the 2020 free agency market. Also, we have a 2020 mock draft and it includes one trade.

BBQ would love to see your grades and evaluations each week if you are so inclined to do so. Too, your predictions for the next game are always appreciated. Give us your thoughts on 2020 free agency. And, if you’re wanting to do more, feel free to put up 2020 a mock draft. There are no restrictions here. Go for it!

Upcoming Dates:
    - Days until Thanksgiving: 8
    - Days until the Eagles game: 25
    - Days until the Giants game: 32
    - Days until Christmas: 35
    - Days until the Cowboys game: 39

Week Eleven: Grades and Evaluations
    Offense:
    Dwayne Haskins was on the field for his second start and it started poorly, but he had a few good moments in the fourth quarter. Derrius Guice flashed some of his potential. Terry McLaurin is special and he will have a long career in the NFL (hopefully, with the Redskins). Kelvin Harmon had his best game thus far. Despite all of these positives, the offensive line outside of Ereck Flowers was a disaster. The tight ends were a laughable joke. This unit needs to do better.
    BBQ Grade: D-

Defense:
    The defense was pathetic against another struggling franchise and made that team look like a playoff contender. The secondary took the day off. The pass rushers were taking a nap. It was an absolute disaster.
    BBQ Grade: F

Special Teams:
    Dustin Hopkins can’t afford to miss mid-level field goal attempts. Tress Way was productive, but did not overwhelm. The punt and kick returns were very subpar.
    BBQ Grade: D

Coaching:
    Was there a game plan? Did the defensive coaches take extra time off during the bye week? Does anyone on this staff care or are they ready to call it a season in mid November?
    BBQ Grade: F

Week Twelve Prediction: Lions at Redskins
    BBQ hated to be wrong in the game against the Jets, but the men in green won handily and covered the spread with ease. BBQ moves to 10-0 and we’ll see what happens over the next six games. Detroit has lost three in a row and the Redskins hope to find a win this week. BBQ thinks the Redskins will continue to struggle.
    Lions vs. Redskins: FedEx Field – Landover, MD, Sunday 1:00pm EST
    Television: FOX
    BBQ Prediction: Lions 23 Redskins 17
    Current BBQ Record: 10-0

Redskins Free Agency 2020
    The Redskins are projected to have substantial cap space for 2020. A new CBA could push the total much higher. Generous cap space and so much more to be gained should be taken advantage of during this upcoming off-season. Here is what BBQ projects:
    1. Release or trade CB Josh Norman - $12.5M additional cap space gained.
    2. Release or trade OT Trent Williams - $12.75M additional cap space gained.
    3. Release or trade OLB Ryan Kerrigan - $11.75M additional cap space gained.
    4. Release TE Jordan Reed - $8.5M additional cap space gained.
    5. Franchise OG Brandon Scherff and trade for a 2020 first rounder and a 2021 third rounder.
    6. Re-sign RB Wendell Smallwood.
    7. Re-sign OG Ereck Flowers.
    8. Tender RFA DE Caleb Brantley.
    9. Sign WR Amari Cooper of the Cowboys.
    10. Sign CB Byron Jones of the Cowboys.
    11. Sign Edge/OLB/DE Yannick Ngakoue of the Jaguars.
    12. Sign Edge/OLB Dante Fowler of the Rams.
    13. Sign TE Austin Hooper of the Falcons.
    14. Sign QB Nate Sudfeld of the Eagles to a modest contract.
    15. Sign OT/RT Germain Ifedi of the Seahawks.

In-Season Mock Draft
    The Redskins trade a down few positions in the first round and gain the following: A second rounder. A third rounder. A fourth rounder. 2021 first and fifth rounders. A 2022 third rounder. The Redskins franchise OG Brandon Scherff and trade him for a 2020 first rounder and a 2021 third rounder.
    Round One: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
    Round One: Tyler Biadasz, OG, Wisconsin
    Round Two: Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue
    Round Three: Curtis Weaver, OLB, Boise St.
    Round Three: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
    Round Four: Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia
    Round Four: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa
    Round Four (Comp): Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
    Round Five: Paddy Fisher, ILB, Northwestern
    Round Seven: Leki Fotu, DT, Utah.
    Round Seven: Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan
    0 0 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus