• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Netflix/Hulu/Prime, etc. Recommendations

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
I used to be a fan of Netflix, but it seems like every show they release that I love gets cancelled. This appears to be a very common issue among subscribers.

I recently got Hulu, and it hasn't been disappointing. Overall, I like Hulu far more than I do Netflix.

Amazon Prime to me has been a huge disappointment. On the list of pros is the fact that they carry a lot of stuff you just don't find anywhere else. The biggest con, is way too many of the offerings I wish to view require some sort of additional subscription, or you must pay a rental or purchase fee to watch them. In my opinion, those options should have their own category that you can block out.

My recommendations for Netfilx are Santa Clarita Diet and Dead To Me. They are both amazing if you're into dark humor, but be warned that Santa Clarita Diet was prematurely cancelled after 4 seasons, so you end on a cliffhanger. Dead To Me just got picked up for a second season, and it's amazing.

On Hulu, I have seen so many amazing things. Stephen King's 11.22.63 is amazing, but nowhere near the level of mastery the book contained. My advice, read the book after you watch the series. Castle Rock, another Stephen King offering, is amazing in the way that it ties together and makes references to many of his past stories (Cujo, Carrie, It, The Shining, Shawshank Redemption) and one of the characters is Danny Torrance's neice. Also, a lead role is played by Sissy Spacek, so that tie-in was pretty cool too. There is a documentary on The Amazing Johnathan that is pretty insane and can't be described in words, but if you watch it you won't regret it. It's as insane as the man himself.

I have no recommendations for Prime, because I don't really like the format, the fact so much costs extra, etc. The only thing I even watched was Paper Towns, only because I had read the book and it was interesting.

What are your go to shows, series, movies, etc?

I have Apple TV - which I love. Series I have recently given a thumbs up to include 'Killing Eve' and 'Yellowstone'... but tons of others out there...

I have Apple TV - which I love. Series I have recently given a thumbs up to include 'Killing Eve' and 'Yellowstone'... but tons of others out there...
I might have to give in and try Apple TV at some point. All I've heard is great things about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.