• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 8/29/19: Post-Game Redskins Players

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
sownewsletter.png

REDSKINS QUARTERBACK DWAYNE HASKINS JR.

On how he felt about the game:
“Felt great out here today, just the atmosphere. [Going] out there, being a leader, talking to the guys, having fun. That's the most important thing I had today was having fun. Be a leader on and off the field and just try to make the play.”

On what Baltimore Ravens QB Robert Griffin III said to him after the game:
“If I ever needed him for anything, just give him a call. He plays in Baltimore, so me and him have the same offseason quarterback coach and we'll be in touch. He thinks I'll be really great quarterback one day. That means a lot coming from him.”

On showing emotion after his touchdown pass:
“I'm pretty level-headed most of the time, but when I score a touchdown, I just let it go. All this just goes into it. Calling the play, making sure the right play is called, getting the motion across, reading the defense, throwing the right pass, making a great play on the ball. It's all the little things that go into that play like that, just a whole bunch of excitement because you work on that play like 10 times since Wednesday. It's just something you work on. You just put a whole bunch of repetitions in it and you just want to see it happen in a game. That's something about scoring touchdowns that makes me happy about them.”

On his progression through the preseason:
“I know I can play. The biggest thing is just keep progressing as far getting to the line of scrimmage, calling the play fast and calling it right and concise, making sure the guys hear me, having great body language on and off the field. Just making the throws, making the right reads and making the right timing. I throw to everybody. I don't have great timing with just one person, except for Terry [McLaurin] because I've known him for a couple years now. Just keep building.”

On the difference from this game to previous games:
“Being more and more confident. knew I was starting this week so it wasn't necessarily like an adjustment as far as, ‘When am I going to play? What plays do I have? Who am I going to have in when I play?' I knew already. I knew what the game plan was as far as just for me. It just made things a little bit easier for me as far as just going out there and having fun and being the guy I know – being a leader.”

On dealing with the uncertainty of knowing when he will play:
“I learned at Ohio State, sat behind JT [Barrett] and every game was an opportunity to learn and me to keep getting better. I may not be the starter right now, but I may be one day. Just keep working on that and at the end of the day, just keep getting better.”

On what he hoped he showed his teammates during the preseason:
“I just want to show them that they can believe in me, I can make the right reads, make the right plays. Just try to go out there and have guys believe in me, that's the biggest thing about being a quarterback. I feel like I did that and I got better with that every game. Just great when you come back from scoring a touchdown and the vets are cheering you on and the coaches are dapping you up. A lot of work goes into that so [I was] very appreciative of that.”

REDSKINS LINEBACKER MONTEZ SWEAT

On how he feels looking ahead to the regular season:
“I'm just excited to actually be done with the preseason and actually excited to play a whole game.”

On what he learned this preseason:
“Yeah, I learned a lot. Just going through the actual practice reps and stuff like that I learned to not get too riled up in the game because they're going to sit you down pretty early (laughs). But yeah, it was a fun time. I'm just excited to get rolling with the regular season.”

On if he knows what to expect going into Week 1:
“It's going to be a surreal moment. I never take this stuff for granted even when I pray and walk onto the field. But yeah, it's definitely going to be a surreal moment.”

On if he has a sack celebration ready for his first regular season game:
“I don't know, man (laughs). We're going to see.”

REDSKINS WIDE RECEIVER STEVEN SIMS JR.

On his touchdown catch:
"Simple corner route, Dwayne [Haskins] trusted me and beat my guy. Cam [Sims] was actually open before me, so, Dwayne tried to help me out a little bit. Held the ball a little longer so I could come open and he threw a touchdown to me."

On his returns:
"Just great blocking up front. The other 10 guys, they were blocking hard for me and they gave me a crease. I just hit it."

On if he felt he did enough to make the team:
"Yeah, I think I did everything I could to make the team. Right now, it's out of my hands. The film that I put out there. I hope it was good enough for the guys upstairs to keep me around."

On sleeping good tonight:
"Yeah, definitely going to sleep good. My son was here – eight months [old] – so first NFL game, it was fun. I had fun, a lot of fun tonight. "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The performances of Davis and Sims make it difficult for Bruce to keep hiding Doctson.

At some point there will be a Post headline ‘Bust Doctson released' or ‘Bust Doctson traded for conditional pick'.

That conditional pick will be a #7 but it's better than a bag of donuts.

I cannot overstate how much I love this kid's attitude. He is going places. I believe he will be not just a good QB, but a special one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, Kevin Sheehan's thoughts on 980 that a qb taken in Round 1 should start right away is symptomatic of the ‘one size fits all mentality' prevalent in sports today.

No two human beings are the same.

When we took Haskins it was apparent to me that a guy starting only 13 games in college would take some time but the upside was worth the wait.

Some guys that start for 3 years in college in a pro system come in and can play right away, but many of them have an upside of being a mid level passer in the NFL.

We are aiming for more here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.