• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 8/29/19: Post-Game Vs. Ravens

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
sownewsletter.png

REDSKINS HEAD COACH JAY GRUDEN

On LB Cassanova McKinzy's concussion:
“I don't know. I don't know if there's a severity to concussions really. I have no anticipation when it comes to these things.”

On QB Dwayne Haskins' first start:
“He was good. Had good energy. Communicated the offense well to others, made some nice plays. He hurried a couple of them and had some pressure. Overall, I thought he moved the ball and had a nice touchdown drive. He made some nice plays. I have to check out the film, but I am happy for him for the way he played today.”

On the preseason finale affecting the final roster:
“Well, it can. It really can. Especially, if it's close. We have to watch the film because there are a lot of guys that got quality work in there, but maybe haven't gotten a lot of reps this camp. It will be fun to check them out and see where they stand. Not just for the 53, but also for the practice squad.”

On WR Steven Sims Jr.'s performance:
“He is a little fireball. It's fun to watch him. Every time he gets the ball in his hands, it's exciting. He had a good punt return and a good kickoff return. He played pretty well.”

On the performance of the draft class:
“I think Dwayne [Haskins], obviously a young quarterback coming here, he has done a good job. Obviously [Montez] Sweat is everything that we thought he would be. Learning the defense, his size, his speed and length, it's hard to coach that, pretty good. Who else we got, Jimmy Moreland, the seventh. He's been quite a spark on defense for us, played nickel and corner for us. Cole Holcomb, the fifth, he's been very good. He had a hurt shoulder, took a little setback there, but we have high expectations for him. Who else we got? Receivers, obviously Terry McLaurin and Kelvin Harmon, very strong OTA's and training camps. We have to get them rolling. Pretty good draft class I think.”

On WR Cam Sims' drops and his outcome:
“On the first one, I think the ball came out a little early and he didn't quite get his head around. He didn't see it until it was up on him. The second one got in on his chest and shoulder pads and bounced out. He has to snatch that with his hands. Overall, I thinks Sims had a strong camp. The whole receiving group, like I said, many of times, they all bring something different to the table. It is going to be tough to narrow it down to five or six guys – maybe seven – so we will have to wait and see.”

On the rotation of RB Samaje Perine and the other running backs:
“We are going to give him some touches and give him some equal reps to keep him fresh, don't want to overload one guy. [Running Backs Coach] Randy Jordan did a nice job with the rotation. I thought Craig [Reynolds] did some good things and Byron [Marshall] had some good hits there at the end. Samaje moved the pile a couple times. I think all three of them did a good job. We didn't give them any lanes. They played pretty good defense. Our line didn't do a good enough job given some holes on a few occasions.”

On Haskins building from being a backup:
“You build on every performance you have every day. Whether it's a practice, game, or walk through, whatever it is you just continue to build on what you're learning and what you're doing. Just keep going that is what he is going to have to do. Every game plan is going to be different. We are going to add new things to our playbook. He is just going to have to keep learning, growing and getting better and he will.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The truth is we can probably find a better back off the street as a free agent if Peterson or Guice gets hurt during the season.

Perine and Marshall have had their shots.

Time to move on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.