Thread: Dear Josh

Hybrid View

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dear Josh

Dear Josh,

I recognize your passion for improving the lot of the poor. You are correct, they are forgotten yet used by BOTH parties. You are right - education and opportunity are the path out. That will require highly unique leadership and lots, tons, of money. But it would be worth it were Congress/politicians/etc. removed from the equation.

Otherwise, screw you Josh. I've noticed your bailout money for Jose Bello. I get your feelings about the twists in the criminal justice system; how the poor, again, are ignored and helpless. But you know what Josh? When it comes to a little girl raped in Montgomery County by an illegal alien; when it comes to the CNN guest lauded as a model father recently who then proceeded to murder the father of five; when I read about the Kate Steinles of the world, about sex slave trade at the border, about the previous adminstration threatening medical personnel assisting the large influx of illegals into San Antonio should they reveal the pervasive and varied diseases being silently funneled into the country....I hear nothing but chirps from you.

Josh...virtue is not case selective.
    Last edited by fansince62; 08-13-19 at 07:43 PM.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Florida State

Default Re: Dear Josh

Who is John?
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Josh Norman!

He's been virtue signalling all Summer long. Many of his causes are worthy. But it's one sided. Is that intentional?

In other words - he wants to join the SJ warrior ranks. Well then, better be ready to cover all sides of the matter. Otherwise, he can pack sand.
    0 0 0 0

NFL Pickem Champion 2018
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia Tech

Yeah, everyone else in the world expresses their opinions in balanced, fully articulated fashion. What's wrong with you, Josh?

If we're looking at this as a discussion of whether or not employed athletes should be public activists, that's cool. It's a topic that goes way back and has a long rich interesting history. Curt Flood! Billie Jean King! MUHAMMAD ALI! Let's kindly not make it a thinly-veiled political thread though. There's a reason that other forum finally disappeared.
    0 3 0 0

Eschew obfuscation.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Om View Post
    Yeah, everyone else in the world expresses their opinions in balanced, fully articulated fashion. What's wrong with you, Josh?

If we're looking at this as a discussion of whether or not employed athletes should be public activists, that's cool. It's a topic that goes way back and has a long rich interesting history. Curt Flood! Billie Jean King! MUHAMMAD ALI! Let's kindly not make it a thinly-veiled political thread though. There's a reason that other forum finally disappeared.
    Redskins player Om....slightly different context. He uses his postion on the team as a soapbox. Fair game IMO to point out the gaps.

No follow-up you will note. Intention was not to create a political thread. It was to speak to someone who might ocassion this board and convey that he should see all sides of the same problem as he decides how to use his celebrity and the income the fans fund.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Won't break my heart when Norman is gone from the team. Not worth the money for his football.

Not interested in any of his off the field ignorance.
    0 2 0 0

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Whatever he did, he did it on his own time, using his own money. Had and has nothing to do with his day job or the Redskins.

And that was 100% a political post.

We're done hosting those discussions since folks have shown themselves incapable of having them civilly.
    0 1 0 0

You ain't bonafide