• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Dear Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

fansince62

Dear Josh,

I recognize your passion for improving the lot of the poor. You are correct, they are forgotten yet used by BOTH parties. You are right - education and opportunity are the path out. That will require highly unique leadership and lots, tons, of money. But it would be worth it were Congress/politicians/etc. removed from the equation.

Otherwise, screw you Josh. I've noticed your bailout money for Jose Bello. I get your feelings about the twists in the criminal justice system; how the poor, again, are ignored and helpless. But you know what Josh? When it comes to a little girl raped in Montgomery County by an illegal alien; when it comes to the CNN guest lauded as a model father recently who then proceeded to murder the father of five; when I read about the Kate Steinles of the world, about sex slave trade at the border, about the previous adminstration threatening medical personnel assisting the large influx of illegals into San Antonio should they reveal the pervasive and varied diseases being silently funneled into the country....I hear nothing but chirps from you.

Josh...virtue is not case selective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Norman!

He's been virtue signalling all Summer long. Many of his causes are worthy. But it's one sided. Is that intentional?

In other words - he wants to join the SJ warrior ranks. Well then, better be ready to cover all sides of the matter. Otherwise, he can pack sand.

Yeah, everyone else in the world expresses their opinions in balanced, fully articulated fashion. What's wrong with you, Josh?

If we're looking at this as a discussion of whether or not employed athletes should be public activists, that's cool. It's a topic that goes way back and has a long rich interesting history. Curt Flood! Billie Jean King! MUHAMMAD ALI! Let's kindly not make it a thinly-veiled political thread though. There's a reason that other forum finally disappeared.

Won't break my heart when Norman is gone from the team. Not worth the money for his football.

Not interested in any of his off the field ignorance.

Yeah, everyone else in the world expresses their opinions in balanced, fully articulated fashion. What's wrong with you, Josh?

If we're looking at this as a discussion of whether or not employed athletes should be public activists, that's cool. It's a topic that goes way back and has a long rich interesting history. Curt Flood! Billie Jean King! MUHAMMAD ALI! Let's kindly not make it a thinly-veiled political thread though. There's a reason that other forum finally disappeared.

Redskins player Om....slightly different context. He uses his postion on the team as a soapbox. Fair game IMO to point out the gaps.

No follow-up you will note. Intention was not to create a political thread. It was to speak to someone who might ocassion this board and convey that he should see all sides of the same problem as he decides how to use his celebrity and the income the fans fund.

Whatever he did, he did it on his own time, using his own money. Had and has nothing to do with his day job or the Redskins.

And that was 100% a political post.

We're done hosting those discussions since folks have shown themselves incapable of having them civilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.