• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Preview: Preseason Week 1 - Redskins at Browns

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For everything you need to know about the Redskins upcoming preseason road contest against the Cleveland Browns, click HERE.

McCoy will not play in preseason game 1 against the Browns. Not sure if we'll see 3 QBs or if they'll take the opportunity to give Keenum and Haskins a half each. Chance for one of these guys to boost their resume and standing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let the injury speculation continue.

But in all seriousness, McCoy cannot possibly show any more or less by playing. We do need to see more from the 2 new QB's.

Jay Gruden is not worried, he knows that Colt will be available for the opener and to start 16 games where he finally gets to show he is more than that playground and college legend for us :)

I will temper this by saying that Jay admitted he runs out of his house after it rains to see if there are any rainbows.

For everything you need to know about the Redskins upcoming preseason road contest against the Cleveland Browns, click HERE.

You're not my real mom!!!

Serious contemplation though, should the team risk putting Haskins behind the 2's and 3's?

Yes. He can't get ready to play without playing.

After the way the o-line has blocked in camp I get anxious about it. Allen and company have been destroying them

Gameday. I love it.
Preseason, but who cares. It's Redskins football. and, as usual, I'm all in.
Number 1 priority, no injuries.

For the starters that play tonight, I want efficiency. Offense needs to complete some simple 6-7yd pass plays. Get in and out of the huddle crisply. Couple or few series, then out.

Most interested in progress of our 2nd and 3rd year guys. With this years draft class obviously a total mystery.

I want our scrubs to beat the hell out of their scrubs.

Oh, and no injuries. Either team.

I want to see a team athletically superior to the competition. The team integration will come later.

So you haven't won jack squat in years and have a history of starting slow so let's not play anybody of note even though the few players of note you have get you 7-9 annually anyway.

No thinking outside the box with this team. Yeah, I know,I know...it's preseason. But you can't even put the starters out there for a series?

Dumb

I've had a long week. And totally unable to see the game. And at the last second, there appears to be some nasty weather in NY and they've changed coverage to the Skins. Yes!

Not getting it herw surprise surprise (west virgiinia) but sure didn't snound good for us ;9 (either defense or offense)

WTF, espn box score was saying browns got a 2nd td now it's a fumble recovery? That was wierd

Moreland: two pass break ups and a forced fumble to deny the Browns on the goal line. Heckuva start for the rook.

I'm unable to see the game again:(

I'm watching on a shaky internet connection while on holiday in the back and beyond of Wales! (It's beautiful here, but barely any phone or internet reception!)
The game is about what I expected so far to be honest.

Haskins looks very promising. Maybe it's just rookie hype, but seeing him play just energised me. Keemun doesn't excite at all, but watching Haskins for the first time warts and all... exciting. I truly hope he fulfils the potential!

Not much else to report thus far I guess. Moreland looks great, Davis will make the WR battle interesting. Little disappointing we're not seeing some of the other players of interest, but understand the reasons.

Any word on how serious SDH's chest injury is?

Haskins has made a couple of jaw-dropping throws, and also thrown two bad picks and fumbled in the endzone. He also made a couple of nice plays with his feet including scrambling for a first down. Of course, he's playing with the scrubs, but he looks promisingly shaky :) Keenum looked like a game managing QB but was running for his life against Browns D starters. Flowers cannot block. Anyone. Christian only did marginally better.

Moreland has been awesome. Holcomb has looked very sharp. Ryan Anderson has applied quite a bit of pressure.

Perine looks like Perine. Other than Kidsy, WRs have been a non-factor.

Shaun Dion Hamilton left with a chest injury. No idea if it's serious but didn't sound good.

Why is it the other team usually makes it look easier (i.e., they execute)...and the Skins always look like they're hangin on by a thread just to make a two yard gain?

Early thoughts.

Offense looks to be in Mid-Season form!

1. Cut Kerin before you get to the ride back home. He can't block the big boys.

2. Teach Haskins basic damn footwork. Then we enjoy that great arm. He's a better scrambler than I thought. Per Joey T it does seem Haskins throws the ball too high too often. Hard to tell given the poor pass pro. He's been sacked hard twice now - all on the o-line.

3. Keep the endless search for LBs who can cover in space going.

4. Cut a finger off each time an o-lineman holds in pass pro.

5. Remind Keenum he's a professional QB.

6. Moreland better play regularly during the season.

7. Perine is running hard, making the needed yardage mostly on his own.

8. It's going to be a long season if the o-line doesn't improve. I look for performance from the back-ups - cuz the first tier always seems to be injured at some point.

9. Not much on return game.

10. Hopkins kick-offs look a shade short to me. Intentional (for this game)?

11. Tackling doesn't look sharp. Maybe expected for first game after no tackling training camp.

12. Passing game not sharp - partially due to suspect pass-pro; QBs don't look sharp.

13. Run blocking has no upfield push. But there seems to be great depth at RB. We are stacked at that position! Run game has potential if the Skins can stablize the o-line. Could become a real strength with Morgan, Sherff et al in the game assuming Penn and {name the LG} rise to the challenge.

14. Basically not much of a pass rush. Vanilla scheme so expected.

15. Browns are averaging just under 6 yards a play into the fourth quarter. 159 yards passing w/three INTs for the Skins with nine mins to go in the game - not very good.

Eh....first game. Gruden's preseason philosophy is geared to assess....the downside to that philosophy is that other teams (e.g., the Iggles) are grooving and integrating their first team starters. Pressure is gonna be on the defense this season...certainly early on. I'ld like to see more first team D minutes in the pre-season so the secondary can get their comms down and meld into a team. Not Gruden's pre-season MO however.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.