• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 7/28/19: Morgan Moses

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
July 28, 2019

T Morgan Moses

On T Trent Williams not being here (Moses speaking as Trent while wearing the No. 71 practice jersey):
"I miss my guys. I miss the Hogs. I miss Brandon [Scherff] and Morgan [Moses]. It's about that time man. Get ready for these guys."

On playing with T Morgan Moses (Moses speaking as Trent while wearing the No. 71 practice jersey):
"Oh man, he's great, man. I've seen him move. He's lost a lot of weight. He's ready to go, man. This is the first training camp that he's been ready before the first day, so I'm glad to see a young guy come in here ready for year six."

On why he held out (Moses speaking as Trent while wearing the No. 71 practice jersey):
"Ya know, I just asked for, ya know, a couple of pizzas and a Pepsi. It didn't work out, but ya know, I'm here now so that's all that matters. It's time to get ready for the Eagles Week One."

On what Moses did to convince him to return (Moses speaking as Trent while wearing the No. 71 practice jersey):
"He's probably called me like forty times, dude. I keep on forgetting that he's in meetings, so I call him back when he's in meetings and he texts me like ‘Hey bro I'm in front of [Bill] Callahan (Assistant Head Coach and Offensive Line Coach). We finally got to talk though, so it's all good."

On serious reason for wearing #71 :
"I miss him. Well, see my most wanted shirt wasn't ready yet, so I had to opt out for the jersey."

On his communication with Williams:
"I have, man. You know he's doing good. He's working out. He's obviously getting in shape and stuff and when he gets here he'll be ready to go."

On if Williams will be here:
"That's a question that you're going to have to wait for when he shows up through that door."

On his weight loss:
"I mean honestly, man I'm getting older. This is year six; it goes by fast. Being cleared before we took off for the summer and having five weeks not to worry about an injury and just really hone on getting in shape, and eating right and not having to worry about taking care of the rehab stuff. It's actually really been the first season I've been able to do this. So, just me putting my head down and just grinding and trying to be here and be available for the guys."

On his current weight:
"I'm weighing in at 327 right now."

On trying to repeat the early success last year and if the formula of running the football can be sustained without Williams on the roster:
"I think the opportunity is open for a lot of young guys and I think that's what I'm excited about. Obviously –71 is a seven-time Pro-Bowler. I've never worried about him coming in and missing assignments or anything like that, but right now, we don't have Ty Nsekhe anymore, so we don't have a swing-tackle right now. So, the opportunity for these young guys like Geron [Christian] and Corey [Robinson] and all these younger guys at tackle that are getting the opportunity to go with the ones, and get these valuable reps, to see how it pans out for them. I think right now; these guys are coming are taking full advantage of the opportunity that they have in front of them."

On the turnover on the offensive line:
"You know it's really one of those things where it's just we have a great room, man. It's a great room, a great relationship with everybody on our offensive line room and we're like brothers. We know to have the same five out there for every game is vital for our offense. So obviously, you know Brandon is [Scherff] hurt sometimes, you know I'm hurt sometimes, you know Trent [Williams] gets you know is hurt. But because we're such a close room man, we try to just bond it together and go out there. Man there's some days where there's weeks where Trent didn't practice one day out of the practice, but you know I knew confidently, you know obviously him being a veteran he was going to be ready when game time came and you know it's just for our offense, it's just vital to have those guys out there man. It's an important part of our offense. You know obviously we like to run the ball like you said and we can run the ball and everything else opens up."

On what he does in the offseason that helps him stay healthy during the regular season:
"Yeah you just you know just grinding, man. Obviously pool workouts, eating right, and just taking it seriously man. Obviously, you're a professional so you have to you know hone in and perfect your craft every year and every day. And so just being that way and knowing that and then obviously you know having a guy like Trent, you know who's he's been here since my rookie year. So I remember when I got here and I was looking you know deer in the headlight look and not knowing what to do and you know he pulled me aside and told me and kind of showed me how to work and now it's my job to help these younger guys do that as well."

On offensive coordinator Kevin O'Connell's role:
"I mean, I think it's a big impact that he you know, we decided to choose somebody that you know, that's already – that's been here. So, he knows already the strength and weaknesses of the team and he knows up front man, that we go to war. Just being able to have guys like Brandon Scherrf, Chase Roullier, you know, Wes Martin, Ereck Flowers, you know Trent, Geron [Christian Sr.], all those guys that are here and they – you know – obviously we got Callahan so that plays a big part too because we're always prepared for things and stuff. So, you know when you have those combinations of things, you have guys, you have a great coach and you have a great group of guys that are willing to come out here thirty minutes before practice and thirty minutes after practice on these long days it pays off in the long run."

On how the quarterback rotation affects the offensive line:
"We don't, but I think it's a unique situation. We've got three guys that can play; that can flat out play. Whoever it is that we go into it Week 1, I am confident man. Colt has been here and he's been knock at that door for that starting job and obviously he wants to be that starter. Case [Keenum], he's had his years and he's floated around the NFL a little bit. [Dwayne] Haskins, his arm talent is undeniable man. You look at that kid and he slings the ball like me in high school. That being said the guys; we have a great group of guys man. It's just getting them the reps that they need and just figuring it out there. I'm confident man in any of those guys suiting up in Week 1."

On if the different quarterbacks change the way the offensive line plays:
"I mean, you know, 3-Jet (pass protection) is going to be 3-Jet if it's Colt, Haskins, or Case back there. You know, obviously, they are different quarterbacks and Case moves around a little bit more, Colt as well and Haskins [is] more of a pocket guy, but the first I'm looking at is, 'Hey, getting off the ball and blocking my guy.' After that, you know, we'll figure everything else out."

On Assistant Head Coach and Offensive Line Coach Bill Callahan's impact:
"I think it's been great, man. Just his knowledge of the game, man – it's not too many guys that you get that's been, I mean, 30-plus years of coaching, that you get to work with every day. I think the key is that he puts together a great room in the offensive line room, and then, you know, we've had the shake-ups last year and stuff like that, but I can tell you one thing: the thing that I love about it is that we bring in guys that are willing to work and no matter if it's year ten, year thirteen for them, they know, ‘Hey look, this is what we're here for. We're gonna grind it out, man.' You look from Week 1 to Week 16, 17, we're at 30 minutes out there before everybody else and 30 minutes out after everybody, so, it's just a mentality that we have in our room. I appreciate Callahan because he gets us ready."

On Head Coach Jay Gruden's remarks that he expects not hopes Williams to return:
"I mean I expect him to come back. He loves football, just like every one of us does. I am pretty sure he wants to be here. Obviously he has to figure out some things and they have to figure out some things that's above my pay grade. Once they figure that out he'll be here. I have full confidence in the guy when he shows up, he's going to be the best left tackle in the NFL still. He's going to be ready to play and he's not going to miss a beat. It's the same offense we've been running the last four or five years. That being said the guy is I mean he's an unbelievable talent in the NFL man. There's not too many left tackles out there doing what he does every week."

On what he thinks the reason for Williams' holdout is:
"I really don't know man. Obviously, I can talk to him and it can be one thing and then he said something else. I just know when he gets here man we're going to welcome him with open arms. He's our brother, we love him. When he gets here, we'll rock out."

On where he got the No. 71 practice jersey:
"This is a custom-made, vintage Trent Williams jersey. Not everybody can get this one. You can't get it online."

On Haskins' enthusiastic celebrations at practice today:
"He is. I think this team is like that. This is probably one of the first teams since I been here that is full of excitement. I think the coaching staff and the front office have done a great job of bringing young players but are willing to learn. These guys, these young receiver running around here making catches, it's unbelievable and I think it's just the knowledge of the game. They are taking it serious, they are like sponges, they are soaking everything up and come out and spit it out on the field. When you have that turnaround like that, have your draft picks here running and rolling, it is a good thing. It's a good feeling."

On CB Josh Norman and RB Chris Thompson noticing differences in practice:
"Definitely, I think just noticing day one from just the offensive perspective, is that we already had half of the playbook in and previous years it's been like three or four plays, five plays here. I mean we're rolling through and I think when you guys see what we did today, just competing with our defense. We already know about our defense, our defense is top tier defense; a lot of talent young talent, you add Landon Collins back there who is a great safety in this league. So it's for us to come out there and compete with them everyday. We know what they're going to be; we know what they're going to be Week One, we know what they're going to be Week Two, so it's vital for us to come out there and match that intensity everyday."

On the toughest defensive lineman to face in 1-on-1 drills:
"I mean you see that defensive line out there? I mean you got [Daron] Payne, Jonathan Allen, Matt Ioannidis, [Ryan] Kerrigan, [Montez] Sweat is coming along – he's learning. It's just getting those guys out there, getting them acclimated, and obviously getting us acclimated to the tempo and getting back into the swing of things. But the competition is great. The intensity, everybody running to the next drill; it's been locked in. I don't really think we've really had too many MA's (mental errors) or mistakes on the field since we've been here man. If we can just keep that going into Week One, we will be okay."

On the University of Virginia being picked to win the Coastal Division of the Atlantic Coast Conference:
"How about we talk about the two national championships first!"

On Bronco Mendenhall's changes within the UVA Football program:
"It was scary at first, being an alumni from there because he came and turned the culture around 360 (degrees). Usually when that happens you're like, 'Yo, is this going to work? You're going to lose recruits and stuff like that.' But [those] guys – I was just there on Monday before we started training camp and guys are buying in. It's crazy. Guys – the alumni – are starting to come back: Chris Long is there – you got a lot of guys – Marcus Hagens, who played here for a little bit, he's coaching there. So you got a lot of alumni coming back and they're playing football. It's not that UVA doesn't have the talent, it's always just been [problems] here, there, separation, and stuff like that. So now that they got it going I'm excited to see what they do. So I'll be sitting down on Saturdays in the hotel after I study my film and watch some [UVA] football."

On G Brandon Scherff's current contract negotiations:
"The thing about Brandon, he's – none of that spooks him. He comes in everyday and just works hard. There's not another guy that I would want to play beside than Brandon Scherff, man. Just our bond and our growth over the years, playing beside each other. But he's out here, he's going through the motions, he's coming back from the injury, and things like that. And his mind is being ready for Week One, and everything else will work out for him. He's knows that and he believes in that. And so, you know, this focus is just to be ready, and I can respect that and when it happens it happens."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.