• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

10th Annual BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League

My team has taken such a large hit from injuries in the QB, RB, and TE positions, that I've had to redo my roster a bit. Finally found something that clicked this week, thank you to whomever dropped Goff and Guice. :D

My team has taken such a large hit from injuries in the QB, RB, and TE positions, that I've had to redo my roster a bit. Finally found something that clicked this week, thank you to whomever dropped Goff and Guice. :D

I won the 1st 2 games, lost 5 straight, then won 5 straight (which should be 6 straight at the end of this week) to end up in a battle with Kel for the 2nd bye.

No thanks to Canadian Hog crapping the bed, I will probably miss out on that spot and go against Fargin Bastages who has a strong team heading into the playoffs.

Regular Season Finale Recap:

The regular season has come to an end and the playoffs begin this week. I know not everyone made the playoffs, but I appreciate the effort put in by all teams this year. Both leagues were really competitive and everyone did a good job this year.

In league 1, @Kel Varnsen was able to reach the playoffs by knocking out @China. @Ax was also able to get in after beating @33redskins33. @dugless1ders defeated @Om to clinch, but @Om was able to secure the 6th seed despite the loss. He will have a chance at revenge as he faces @dugless1ders in round 1. @ZeroAnd16 has the top seed and a bye. @Neophyte was able to finish 2nd and get the other 1st round bye.

In League 2, all spots were wrapped up last week, but seeding was on the line, including that all important 1st round bye. @Kel Varnsen was able to knock off league leader @Canadian Hog to earn a 1st round bye. @Kel Varnsen started league 2 at 0-4 and has won 9 straight to reach 2nd in the league. @Canadian Hog had previously wrapped up the top seed and has been the most dominant team in league 2. Below you will find the remaining matchups for league 2.

League 1:
League 1 week 13.jpg

League 1 Playoff 1 Bracket.jpg

League 2:

League 2 week 13.jpg

League 2 Playoff 1 Bracket.jpg

See, if I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd look at the strength of schedule Kel Varnsen had in league 2 and wonder what juju he did to people's players the last 9 weeks. :p

See, if I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd look at the strength of schedule Kel Varnsen had in league 2 and wonder what juju he did to people's players the last 9 weeks. :p

I know right! With a bye on the line, CH craps the bed and makes me go against the luckiest player in the league in round 1! He had 4 open spots on his team and still beat you a couple weeks ago.

You do realize that Balboa wins.

I know right! With a bye on the line, CH craps the bed and makes me go against the luckiest player in the league in round 1! He had 4 open spots on his team and still beat you a couple weeks ago.

You do realize that Balboa wins.

Yeah, but not the 1st time

Having a 16+ point receiver on the bench is not the way I wanted to start the playoffs. I hate having a player you can't completely trust get a decent total.

Umm...you beat me earlier in the year.

I thought you were just taking it easy on the Bastages. My team has been schizophrenic all season long and only playing consistent for the last half of it.

No worries Shi, I have one of those episodes EVERY week where one of by bench players balls the hell out while my starters are no shows.

Having a 16+ point receiver on the bench is not the way I wanted to start the playoffs. I hate having a player you can't completely trust get a decent total.

I've had Godwin on my team all year. 30+ 2 weeks ago...6 this week. All year long. He's in the top 5 all year long and I almost dumped him. :encouragement:

I've had Godwin on my team all year. 30+ 2 weeks ago...6 this week. All year long. He's in the top 5 all year long and I almost dumped him. :encouragement:

I have Mike Evans, I'm well aware of that pain :p

Ran out of luck El, you get to cruise today. Btw my bench qb is balling out (Winston)

Congrats Ax, you paid me back for last week :p

I knew I had a hill to climb this week, but injuries once again did my team in...just the story of my season. Made some good calls with waiver claims, and a couple bench plays I shouldn't have done, but risk is inherent in fantasy :D

Curious, are the players on the teams that have been eliminated up for grabs for the remaining playoff teams?

If so I'll “release” mine but wanted to do it in a fair manner.

Curious, are the players on the teams that have been eliminated up for grabs for the remaining playoff teams?

That is generally pretty frowned upon, actually. I believe there is even an option to lock rosters once eliminated to curb that behavior in the system.

Hush! You weren't supposed to tell anyone! I guess I shouldn't have told you you suck. :oops:

In all seriousness, I would find this action inappropriate. We went into the playoffs with a team in place, and only a certain number of players available. I think those players available as we go into the playoffs should be the only ones that remain available, unless someone still in the payoffs releases a player, making them available.

Yeah I was inquiring only for you guys left in the playoffs, didn't actually know how that worked honestly. Basically do our players go into the FA pool or what?

I'd definitely leave it up to commish Kel if he wanted to dissolve us eliminated teams and divvy them up.

Basically a supplemental draft type thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.