• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

10th Annual BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League

If the regular season is over and you missed the playoffs, or if you lose and are out of the playoffs, you are done. I can lock the rosters to prevent that, but in the past we generally haven't had that issue. Your team is your team for better or worse once you are done with your games. The remaining teams only pick from the players available. It's similar to how the NFL works in that the Ravens can't just go get McLaurin off the Redskins for the playoff run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quarter Final Round Recap:

In League 1, there were no upsets in the first round of the playoffs. #3 seed @dugless1ders defeated @Om despite Russell Wilson's subpar game. He will face @Neophyte in the semifinals. The other quarterfinal saw @Kel Varnsen have little trouble defeating @Ax. He will face @ZeroAnd16 in the other semifinal.

In League 2, 5th seed @Ax was able to knock off the 4th seed @Shi no Tenshi. @Ax remains alive in league 2 and will face @Canadian Hog in one semifinal.#3 seed @Elephant continues his winning ways as he easily disposes of @Win4us. He will face @Kel Varnsen in the other semifinal.

League 1:

League 1 Quarterfinal Scores.jpg

League 1 Semifinal Bracket.jpg

League 2:

League 2 Quarterfinal Scores.jpg

League 2 Semifinal Bracket.jpg

I would have beat every other team in play. Bah.

Well, Kel didn't need all of them to defeat me in league 2 today...but 188 points?!??!!?!

Well, Kel didn't need all of them to defeat me in league 2 today...but 188 points?!??!!?!

And that was with Hunter Henry scoring less than 1 point. I'm sure glad I played Kenyan Drake though.

And that was with Hunter Henry scoring less than 1 point. I'm sure glad I played Kenyan Drake though.

You didn't even need him. I had a chance at Miles Sanders and didn't take him, trusted Kirck Cousins more than I should. the one time Saquon shows up after his injury, my other money RB's all crap the bed.

Dude, you hit on every player except Hunter for the best performance of the year. Has anyone else even scored 180 points?

Semifinal Recap:

It was another great week in the BGO Fantasy Football Leagues.

In League 1, upsets were the theme as the top 2 seeds were knocked off in their first playoff action. @Kel Varnsen was able to defeat @ZeroAnd16 with ease behind the always dominant efforts of Lamar Jackson. The other semi final was much more competitive and came down to the Monday Night game. @dugless1ders upset @Neophyte behind a strong balanced attack that saw 7 of his 9 players score in double digits. Missed FGs and XPs could have played a role in determining the winner, but the victory was all but sealed when Will Lutz kicked a FG on the Saints first drive. @Kel Varnsen and @dugless1ders will face off in the finals for the league 1 crown. @dugless1ders won the only match up between the two during the regular season.

In League 2, there were no surprises as both the top seeds were able to win. @Canadian Hog was able to knock of @Ax, though it took the Monday Night game to do so. @Ax went into the Monday night game with a slight lead and saw it quickly evaporate behind the strong performances of Michael Thomas and Will Lutz. Marlon Mack never could get anything going and once the Saints got a big lead, that prevented the Colts from running the ball and that was all she wrote in the 1st semifinal. The other semifinal was not nearly as close as @Kel Varnsen knocked off @Elephant by a large margin. Surprising playoff heroes Miles Sanders and Kenyan Drake provided the majority of the winning margin. Top seed @Canadian Hog will face off against @Kel Varnsen looking to avenge his regular season losses to @Kel Varnsen who won both previous match ups.

League 1:
League 1 Semifinal Scores.jpg

League 1 Final Bracket.jpg

League 2:
League 2 Semifinal Scores.jpg

League 2 Final Bracket.jpg

Wow Kel!?!?!

You sat Kenyan for Lockett?

Wow Kel!?!?!

You sat Kenyan for Lockett?

Yeah, that's was my undoing. Unfortunately I don't have a crystal ball, so I went based on the fact that the Cardinals pass D has been giving up a ton of yardage. Looking back at it, I should have hedged my bet with sitting one of the Seahawks in case this happened. Obviously I can't plan for Carson's injury, but having Wilson and Lockett in meant if Wilson sucked I would be hurt in 2 positions. That's exactly what happened.

Yeah, that's was my undoing. Unfortunately I don't have a crystal ball, so I went based on the fact that the Cardinals pass D has been giving up a ton of yardage. Looking back at it, I should have hedged my bet with sitting one of the Seahawks in case this happened. Obviously I can't plan for Carson's injury, but having Wilson and Lockett in meant if Wilson sucked I would be hurt in 2 positions. That's exactly what happened.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. It happened to me Las year with Goff, Cooks, and Gurley.

Guys, next year if all are interested, we can organize a FF league through the FB page. Be sure to reach out on FB if you want to stay in touch. We have about 20 something members who have joined over there.

And congratulations CH!

League 1 Championship Recap:

Congratulations to the BGO League 1 Champion @Kel Varnsen who was able to defeat @dugless1ders by a score of 113.52 to 90.96. @Kel Varnsen had an up and down year, but when you have a player like Lamar Jackson leading the squad, you always have a great chance to win. And when it came playoff time, he was able to ride Jackson to a championship. @dugless1ders almost got the miracle he needed to pull off the win, but Aaron Jones could only do so much scoring a very strong 30 points, but that was still not enough. @Kel Varnsen has now won at least 1 of the BGO Fantasy Leagues for a 3rd straight year.

@Kel Varnsen winning lineup:
24E42A00-B338-410D-91C6-62FF634426F2.jpg

In the 3rd place game, @ZeroAnd16 was able to knock off @Neophyte by a score of 108.66 to 69.94.

Thank you to all who played this year, making this one of the most competitive leagues we've had. It was a blast and hopefully we can do it again next year.

League 1 Score:
9426500D-BA29-4A38-9A01-403E1AFB0F97.jpg

League 1 Final Standings:
6A7DE4D7-138E-4354-9412-17FEB75A42EF.jpg

Last edited:
League 2 Championship Recap:

Congratulations to league 2 champion @Canadian Hog. He continued his domination of league 2 by getting his revenge on @Kel Varnsen by a score of 130.16 to 98.86. @Canadian Hog was led by the record setting performances of Michael Thomas and Christian McCaffrey who will most likely be the top fantasy picks at their position next season. The Monday game had the potential to have some drama, but Aaron Jones put on a dominate performance leaving @Kel Varnsen no shot to win. This is the first BGO Championship for @Canadian Hog and he earned it with his dominance all season.

@Canadian Hog winning lineup:
99E96898-13DE-4315-8DA0-95D7E9CD03E7.jpg

In the 3rd place game, @Ax was able to beat @Elephant by a score of 128.22 to 124.52.

Thanks to everyone in league 2 as we ran with a few different rules this year. I think it worked out well for everyone and I hope we can do this again next year.

League 2 scores:
7D781B42-EA19-4758-87DF-AC8FBF42E1F6.jpg

League 2 Final Standings:
24279A08-48ED-4525-B345-89586B517351.jpg

Hey Fellas
Thanks for letting me in this. I promise if you let me back next season, I'll attend the draft on-line and not the stupid auto-draft. I really had fun competing each week.

Hey Fellas
Thanks for letting me in this. I promise if you let me back next season, I'll attend the draft on-line and not the stupid auto-draft. I really had fun competing each week.

I'm glad you were able to play and even more glad (is gladder a word?) that you had fun. We will do it again next year and hope to have even more players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.