• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Pre-Camp Moves

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
Haven't posted in awhile. Been traveling for work.

Based on where we are now in re the Trent Williams situation and the likelihood Doctson is going to continue to be a guy we have to carry I would make the following two moves:

1. Sign Donald Penn to nail down depth at OT for 2019. Trent will likely be back but even if he is there is no true #3 tackle on the roster. We could give Penn incentives in case he was asked to step in and start the majority of games at either slot.

2. Sign Pierre Garçon. TheRedskins receiving corps has some good younger pieces in McLaurin, Harmon, Richardson and Quinn but no one to lead them. Garcon is a guy that could be a role model in terms of prep and work ethic to the these players. He also has been one of the better blocking WRs in the league. At his age he should come on a reasonable contract and could give Haskins a reliable veteran safety blanket for Year 1.

Like Brian Mitchell I am not in favor of gifting roster spots to players strictly based on prior draft position and I think if this team is serious about being more competitive we need to be more cut throat with underachievers like Doctson.

Given his injury history and inability to separate from NFL defensive backs this would not be a hard decision for Bill Belichick.

Good to have you back Bulldog...

I love Garçon. And you're right about needing a steady vet. But it's a numbers problem. With some promising youngsters in McLaurin, Harmon, Sims, Quinn and then Richardson and Doctson (not to mention Chesson, Davis, and Quick one of whom could make the team) - I'm not sure they can afford an extra roster spot. I don't want to let any of the youngsters go. If we keep only 6 WRs I'd be fine with moving on from Doctson now instead of watching put in another marginal year and then doing it if we want to add Garcon or another vet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he's not part of the plan moving forward, they should be looking to trade Doctson. Better to get something now, than nothing later.
No, to Garcon. We need to keep moving forward, not backwards.

I'd like to see Doctson traded soon to the Patriots. Belichick tends to make such moves at this time of year. A 37th rounder could do the trick or an option to acquire Tom Brady in 2049.

I'ld like to shore up the o-line. The Skins made more moves for o-linemen during the off-season than Ax has posted hilarious comments over the last ten years (and that's a sizable number). With oft-injured Trent maneuvering for a big payout and Scherff hangin on money as well, no apparent answer at LG, nothing to go on from the rooks, I'd say this is the biggest Q mark going into training camp. In fact, stumbling into some hyperbole, it could be season over before it starts. All the Skins moves suggest to me they know this is the achilles heel going into the season. Doesn't look resolved to me....not by a long shot. Doesn't matter who the QB is if this is in fact an accurate guess.

Another way of saying I don't think wideouts or safeties are where the action is at for this team - it's the o-line that needs attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see you Bulldog.

Donald Penn is 36 years old, went down in week 4 with a groin injury last season and never played again.

I'm certain some tackle in the league has played a game at age 36 before, but I can't think of who that might be.

I'm also sure that his contract must be peanuts, so I guess I could see him signed as a last resort.

I agree on Garcon.

Great to see you Bulldog.

Donald Penn is 36 years old, went down in week 4 with a groin injury last season and never played again.

I'm certain some tackle in the league has played a game at age 36 before, but I can't think of who that might be.

I'm also sure that his contract must be peanuts, so I guess I could see him signed as a last resort.

I agree on Garcon.

I mentioned Jermon Pushrod, who started 5 games for the Saints last year due to injury. Then sat in a backup role for the rest of the season. He's only ever really had one injury that kept him sidelined, and was more than serviceable at LT for New Orleans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.