• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Your Bold Prediction - 2019 Edition

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
As we all eagerly await the start of Training Camp in a couple of weeks, we want your Bold Predictions for the 2019 season. So put on your thinking cap, consider carefully all the various ideas running around in you head and boil it down to one. When you have your ONE bold prediction, come back here and put in down in this thread for all of posterity, that way, come January, we can laud your Kreskin like abilities...or make fun of you. Whichever shoe fits best.

Your bold prediction can about an individual player, a group of players (ie - LB corp, the offense, etc), the coaching staff, front office, or the whole of the team in general.

And....go.

Terry McLaurin has over 75 receptions and 1000+ receiving yards as a rookie.

It will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cole Holcomb gets runner up for defensive rookie of the year.

Josh Doctson is traded either before the season or during the season before the trade deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Sweat registers 10 or more sacks.

I think you could argue that 10 ought to be a minimal expectation for someone with his talent. I hope so anyway!

Jordan Reed gets hurt and misses at least 1 game

&

With Kevin O'connel running the offense like a boss, we jump up to top 10 in total offense.

Josh Doctson will have a break out year. His coming out party.

Laugh all you want but you know this to be true. Why?

Because he will be a free agent at season's end. He'll have a great season and management and the fanbase will be talking about wanting to keep him.
So then, it falls to Bruce...and we all know how bad he sucks when it comes to contract negotiation,franchise tags, etc. and it will turn into another drama filled,hot mess like it always does.

It's the Redskins Way....

Josh Doctson will have a break out year. His coming out party.

Laugh all you want but you know this to be true. Why?

Because he will be a free agent at season's end. He'll have a great season and management and the fanbase will be talking about wanting to keep him.
So then, it falls to Bruce...and we all know how bad he sucks when it comes to contract negotiation,franchise tags, etc. and it will turn into another drama filled,hot mess like it always does.

It's the Redskins Way....

I LOL-ed. But honestly, the idea that guys suck with us, go elsewhere, and suddenly become Pro Bowlers is an urban legend. All NFL fans believe this happens commonly, but I think the truth is that it rarely occurs. As for Bruce typically screwing up contract negotiations in some epic way, is that really true DP? Yeah, we have the current Trent situation (although that's yet to be determined and they may figure it out). How does Allen deserve criticism here? They signed Trent to a huge contract. The fact that the market changed after that, it happens every couple of years at one position or another. Maybe Trent either shouldn't have signed that contract, or should man up and shut up and live up to the contract he himself signed? Of course, the situation that most drives this type of discussion is how they managed the Kirk situation. I think that particular case can be argued either way, and the winning argument may depend on whether he ultimately takes the next step as a QB in Minnesota. But that was a pretty unique situation and had they signed him to some mega-deal early, it's quite possible Allen would be getting gutted because it didn't produce any difference on the field and crippled us with the salary cap.

I could also argue that Allen has pulled off some pretty potentially great player acquisitions. Getting Reuben Foster for nothing. Grabbing Guice so late in the draft after using a 1st rounder on a great player. Getting Haskins and Montez Sweat in successive picks. Stealing Landon Collins away from a division rival. Maybe Allen does suck at contract negotiations but he has also shown some skill and creativity in recent years that he should get credit for.

As far as Doctson - color me skeptical he's capable of having a break out anything. I just don't see the confidence, drive, and consistent talent for him to be anything other than a red zone option. I think if we were going to see it, we would have. But anything is possible I suppose. I think Haskins is going to make all of our WRs look a lot better.

Daron Payne is solid at defensive tackle and can get you three or four sacks on the season, but this year he ends up with an amazing thirteen sacks!

He records four sacks in the first Giants game. Two more in the Dolphins game. Two more in the second Giants game. One sack in each of the following games: 49ers, Vikings, Lions, Panthers, and Packers.

Maybe I didn't word it the right way? What I'm trying to say is that it would be the Redskins luck for this to happen with Doctson.

As far as Bruce goes, he's the guy at the Flea Market arguing with the guy over a $2 pair of work gloves.

"We want to draft Redskins and see them get to their second contract"- whatever happened to that?

He's going to screw around and lose a home grown Pro bowl guard....

I'll have a **** load of fun, cuz that's why we're here, excuse my language...we piss and moan in harmony some more than others, ahem El, heres my prediction, guice and Thompson com ined go for 2000 all purpose yards.

Maybe I didn't word it the right way? What I'm trying to say is that it would be the Redskins luck for this to happen with Doctson.

As far as Bruce goes, he's the guy at the Flea Market arguing with the guy over a $2 pair of work gloves.

"We want to draft Redskins and see them get to their second contract"- whatever happened to that?

He's going to screw around and lose a home grown Pro bowl guard....

Who are the great players we've lost because we couldn't get them to sign a 2nd contract? I would argue that's not been the problem. The problem is we haven't had a lot of guys on the roster who were talented enough to be 'must have' 2nd contract signings. I don't know - I just think that 'issue' is overblown. If we end up losing Trent and can't get Scherff resigned, I'll be more worried. But neither of those things have happened yet.

There IS a salary cap. And we don't know if Scherff is trying to gouge the team for some ridiculous figure any more than we know the team is low-balling him. We also don't know if the $$ is the only factor involved here. And I'll keep saying it - it's just as much up to Scherff as to whether he remains in DC as it is on Bruce Allen, yet I don't hear anyone blasting him for not getting a deal done :)

I get what you were saying about Doctson - but even if he had a good year (lets be honest, even a respectable decent year would represent a 'break out' season for this guy), it's hardly going to be a big loss if he departs. His NFL career has been mostly a yawner. I wouldn't risk a big contract on him even if he takes off this year.

And DP - not meaning to follow you around beating on you. I understand your perspective. I'm trying hard to be hopefully optimistic and, frankly, I think we've seen some really positive trends the past few seasons. I'm not going to beat on Allen for things that haven't even occurred yet. And we give players a pass in most cases. As we saw with Kirk - they don't always deserve it. I don't know everything there is to know regarding Trent's situation. But I do know that if you sign a contract, you did so freely with no gun held to your head. Stop your bitching, act like the 'Team Captain' you supposedly deserve to be, and live up to the contract you signed. I really believe Scherff will get a great offer. If all he is about is the $$, that's not on the Redskins.

And now I'm done hijacking this thread.

Bold predictions anyone?

Last edited:
I don't consider it beating on me....lol... we're all fans here, even though we're frustrated as hell with the on field product, we all want to see the team have success.

I look at this place as we're brothers and sisters here. Sure, we may disagree and get snarky as hell at each other at times but in the end, when someday the team finally has success, we'll all be hoisting beers and celebrating together. :)

You beautiful eloquent bastard :djsmilie:

I could also argue that Allen has pulled off some pretty potentially great player acquisitions. Getting Reuben Foster for nothing. Grabbing Guice so late in the draft after using a 1st rounder on a great player. Getting Haskins and Montez Sweat in successive picks. Stealing Landon Collins away from a division rival. Maybe Allen does suck at contract negotiations but he has also shown some skill and creativity in recent years that he should get credit for.

Why on earth should we give him credit for any of those moves...not one of those players have played a single down so we're talking about their potential as some sort of proof that Allen has been successful?

Here's the proper measure of success under Bruce Allen's tenure leading this team...

42-70 minus the 2 years w/ McGloughan
59-84-1 with those 2 years

And at Tampa he was 38-42.

Bruce Allen is a terrible GM, just terrible and there is no denying it.

Who are the great players we've lost because we couldn't get them to sign a 2nd contract?

Champ Bailey for one. He wanted out cuz the Skins woiuldn't pay. 12 time pro bowler. Played 10 seasons for Denver. We trade him AND a second round pick for Clinton Portis. Portis? Good Redskin. 2 Pro Bowls (one as a Skin). 7 seasons for Skins.

Let's face it, since 92, with the exception of the Gibbs years, there has been no team culture of winning. No feel for how to win. Too many coaching changes. Only one constant for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.