• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Showcase New Menu and Stadium Upgrades

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
July 10, 2019

WASHINGTON REDSKINS SHOWCASE NEW MENU AND STADIUM UPGRADES AT 2019 FEDEXFIELD OPEN HOUSE

LANDOVER, Md. – Earlier this evening at the 2019 FedExField Open House, the Washington Redskins announced new stadium amenities, menu items and special benefits available to season ticket members and suite holders for the upcoming 2019 football season.

Fans and media members tried the newest food and beverage offerings including Guy Fieri's new concession stand "Chicken Guy," Johnny Rockets Crunchy Bacon Avocado Ranch Burger, a slow-roasted beef brisket grilled cheese, and expanded local craft beer and cocktail selections. A wider variety of healthy menu options were showcased and include Ben's Chili Bowl veggie chili dog and vegan chili and Territory Foods menu items, which are crafted by independent, local chefs and are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. Other new concessions offerings include Boardwalk Fries new funnel cake fries and Paisano's expanding to deliver pizza to fans seated on the main concourse. Additionally, suite holders were shown an expanded menu to include six catering packages highlighted by PF Chang's, which will be prepared fresh and delivered to the suites.

In addition, the Redskins in partnership with Devils Backbone Brewing Company announced that the 2018 fan-favorite #ATTR Gold will be available at FedExField during regular season home games and events in 16oz cans and on draft. For the first time, #ATTR Gold will also be available for sale outside the stadium at participating retailers. Visit the beer finder on the Devils Backbone website at www.dbbrewingcompany.com to find retailers in the DC area that carry six pack cans or draft of #ATTR Gold.

Along with the new food and beverage offerings, the Redskins highlighted the new Bud Light Party Pavilion and Concourse in the east end zone of the stadium. The area, designed in response to fan reaction from the west end zone changes from the 2018 season, will open to all fans three hours before kickoff and will feature a 90-foot bar and live bands where fans can enjoy the game. Each game, select season ticket members will be chosen for an opportunity to enjoy the game from two new suites in the bowl. Redskins Gold, introduced earlier this year, was also showcased featuring benefits available only to season ticket members. Benefits include dedicated fast lanes into the stadium and at select concession stands, members only lounges on the Club Level, access to the field for pregame ceremonies, chances to meet Redskins Alumni and more.

"The ideation for this year's improvements came from our fans," said Chris Bloyer, Senior Vice President, Stadium Operations and Guest Experience. "It's our job to listen and do everything we can to continuously improve the gameday experience. What we have done so far this year is just the beginning. We talk to our season ticket members every day and continuous improvement is what drives us to give our fans the gameday experience they deserve."

Additionally, suite holders will be able to enjoy their suites for up to two hours after the conclusion of each game and each suite will be equipped with a digital ordering system, allowing fans to easily place new orders and expedite delivery times. Also new for the 2019 season is the Corporate Tailgate where suite holders can socialize for two hours before each game while enjoying complimentary food and beverage service.

The Merrill Lynch Touchdown Club (a members only premium space) also received major renovations complete with new lounge seating, a live entertainment area, bars and buffet space.

For questions regarding this year's menu offerings, contact Justine Boney of Levy at jboney@levyrestaurants.com.

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In other words, they took out yet more seats LOL!

Typical. The beer vendor they partner with is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Yet another win for AB InBev.

With so many great breweries in the area to choose from they go with the one owned by the big guys. Sad that.

#SeekTheSeal

Typical. The beer vendor they partner with is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Yet another win for AB InBev.

With so many great breweries in the area to choose from they go with the one owned by the big guys. Sad that.

#SeekTheSeal

And Neo, I agree with giving the little guy a shot, but can they supply such a large demand?

Last edited:
And Neo, I agree with giving the little guy a shot, but can they supply such a large demand?

I get what you are saying, but I'm not talking about some small, mom & pop brewpub around the corner. There are several independent breweries big enough to handle the Skins need that are closer to DC than Devil's Backbone. Heavy Seas right outside of Balitmore and Flying Dog in Fredrick come immediately to mind and I don't even live in the area. No doubt there are a couple more.

Understand, I'm not anti-Devil's Backbone either. They brew amazing beer and I made their Adventure Pack a regular purchase when visiting the farm for a long time. I just stopped when they sold to ABI because I don't like where my money goes, not because the beer suddenly got bad. It didn't.

More likely than a local brewery not being able to meet demand is that money is changing hands in the Skins favor and none of the smaller breweries could afford the "pay to play" money that DB could with the backing of their parent corporation. I'd bet FedEx is a Bud park too, not a Coors or Miller establishment.

That's the nature of business though Bob. There's no reason why the Redskins or their business partners should be concerned about the brewing industry or what's in the best interest of smaller independent breweries. Obviously I know what you are talking about and I don't want to see the craft brew industry gobbled up and usurped by the brewery giants. But the Redskins are likely just looking for the best deal that they feel meets their goals/customer needs.

That's the nature of business though Bob. There's no reason why the Redskins or their business partners should be concerned about the brewing industry or what's in the best interest of smaller independent breweries. Obviously I know what you are talking about and I don't want to see the craft brew industry gobbled up and usurped by the brewery giants. But the Redskins are likely just looking for the best deal that they feel meets their goals/customer needs.

No, John, I get it. Truly. And while I understand that at the end of the day it is always about the Almighty Dollar, especially for a franchise that hasn't given it's fan base much to cheer about in recent decades and is losing fans at a stunning pace, I'm still disappointed when the opportunity to make a statement about business ethics is so obviously passed by. I get how optimistic and unrealistic my view is too. I never expect it to go the way I want but I continue to hold out hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.