• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

10 Years Ago...

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
happy10thbdayfinal.png

10 years ago...

BGO was born! Out of desire to build a different kind of Redskins fan community, one for 'Redskins fans who appreciate adult sensibilities like common sense, reason, and the fact that passion and civility need not be mutually exclusive', BGO opened it's doors on Wednesday, July 15th, 2009. We promised you three things then: to provide a comprehensive, satisfying experience for fans of the Washington Redskins, to foster and encourage a sense of community and tone of mutual respect, and to give our members good old-fashioned customer service. We hope we've lived up to our end of the bargain. You all - our wonderful members, have certainly lived up to yours! Cheers, Happy Birthday BGO, and above all else...Hail!

- The BGO Staff

My wonderful, sweet home.

The builders did a great job and the foundation they laid was rock solid. That is why it lasts and you can't beat the quality construction. The amenities are second to none. The location is perfect. The scenery is extra special. It's easy to find. The neighbors have become family.

Residents bought in immediately. I arrived a few weeks later. There were some short and long term rentals along the way and many of them were quite nice, but I knew this was home from the moment I set foot on the premises. We've had some changes here and there - all of it being good. Whenever you add to a home, you want the additions to be top notch and the homeowners association continues to deliver the best solutions possible.

The homeowners association also stays up to date with the latest technologies and if repairs are needed, they call in the best and brightest to resolve such issues to everyone's satisfaction. They provide manuals for our benefit - tips for home improvement, cooking, technology, health, physical fitness, entertainment, weather, and so much more. It's better than a weekly newsletter! In fact, additional manuals are available on a seasonal basis as well. The best part - they update the manuals each year.

There are community gatherings - mostly in the fall, but periodically in the winter, spring, and summer. Be sure to bring your discussion tools and a hearty sense of humor. Analytical skills are also welcomed. We also have the occasional fundraiser for someone in need, because we are that kind of a community. The homeowners association takes "family" to a new, higher level with that service. Emotional support is also given when we need it the most - that is what this family will do. They have your back and we have their backs. It's more than just an informal motto.

The homeowners association will certainly make the next ten years even better. There will be a renovation or two and a few maintenance issues will be resolved as needed. To be the best, they obviously provide upgrades and service when necessary. If you have any problems, they help you right away and everything is fixed to perfection. You can't beat the quality service around here.

Looking forward to the next ten years.

My wonderful, sweet home.

Such a great group of guys! Thank you all for providing a friendly place to discuss our beloved team. Boone, I would especially like to thank you for putting up with the knuckleheads you have dealt with over the years, especially fansince...err...umm...I mean me! I know others are involved, and I am grateful to them as well, Om, Neo, Pete, Henry...but the amount of energy you have put into this site is amazing! Your goal of a respectful, fun, informed discourse has been achieved.

Boone: your journey continues. We get to be part of it! It has its own little dramas....kinda like life generally. Thanks for "operationalizing" the vision!

It has value for all of us.

There won't be anyone who responds to this thread that I don't love like my own brother or sister. That's the most important thing. I am not sure we can sustain it - sadly, internet forums are dying a slow death everywhere. But I hope we buck the trend :)

Damn I wish I had found this site sooner than what I did. We appreciate the heck out of this place, I mean where else is there an on-line support group that specializes in Fans Around Redskins Together, aka FART.

Also a pretty safe bet I can speak for all of us in hoping this site lasts until the apocalypse.

Wished I had found this sooner as well. Great to discuss the team, where disagreements don't resort to trollish attacks like you see elsewhere on the interwebz.

Hail!

Hard to believe it's been ten years, all I know is that if it wasn't for a few posters who let me know about it I'd never have found it once I went out in a blaze of glory and got perma banned over there. Went months with no Redskins site to post or enjoy until BGO was mentioned and dammit I've been here since.

Well, I just don't know what this place would do without me.

I mean, what I'd do without this place.

Well, no, I was right the first time.

Boone and the rest of the gang that calls BGO home. Thank you for the wonderful site. This is a place we can have meaningful discussion about the team we love. We've all needed this therapy the past 26 years and I'm glad we've had a place where we can discuss our many frustrations and revel in the success (as few and far between as they have been). Thank you Boone and the staff for all the hard work in keeping this site going, for creating interesting discussion, and for keeping us in line when we need it. Sometimes this team causes us to do and say things we don't mean and we are glad you are here to keep us in line. I love this community and appreciate having a place to discuss the Redskins. Here's to 10 more years and hopefully some more Redskins success to discuss in that time.

Congratulations! I'm so glad a group of y'all created this place years ago and I was able to find it. It was an immediate oasis to the raucousness of the other place. Thank you for all you do. Here's to 10 more years! I have no doubt it will be here because people want to be here.

Thanks for the kind words folks. Means a lot!

At noon today, 10 years ago, we opened a brand new Redskins site to the public. That was a pretty exciting moment for those of who scrabbled her together from leftover scraps of plywood and some duct tape.

Thanks to all of you who stumbled in here, decided to hang around, and who've conversed, moaned and groaned, and occasionally even cheered our B&G with us. We have loved every minute of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on 10! Has it been that long?

I can't say thanks enough to the folks who keep the lights on around here. I don't post as often as I used to (even that wasn't all that often) but I genuinely value everyone who has contributed here over the years. If you count all the years over on ES before the move I've "known" some of you for close to 20 years now. Man, that sounds odd.

Having a bond with a bunch of folks who, regardless of whatever else we may or may not have in common, feel the same way about the Skins as I have for as long as I can remember is pretty remarkable. If you were here I'd buy you a beer and listen to whatever BS thoughts you have about the upcoming season, Bruce Allen or whatever else. To paraphrase Winston Churchill "The inherent blessing of BGO is the equal sharing of misery." Here's to 10 more.

Thank you Om for letting me know about this site.

Man, how time flies. A decade already? Well done B, Om, et al. This is and has been the premier Redskins fan site on the interwebz, bar none. Thank you for providing this place for me and all the other members. It is absolutely appreciated.

Carry on fellas, and don't change a thing. You're doing great!

:cheers:

Damn I wish I had found this site sooner than what I did. We appreciate the heck out of this place, I mean where else is there an on-line support group that specializes in Fans Around Redskins Together, aka FART.

Also a pretty safe bet I can speak for all of us in hoping this site lasts until the apocalypse.

Wished I had found this sooner as well. Great to discuss the team, where disagreements don't resort to trollish attacks like you see elsewhere on the interwebz.

Hail!

I was actually pretty lucky; I was heavily active on ES and theHogs when this place came online, and became a member before this site was 3 months old, in my first incarnation that is. But from day one I regret not spending more time here, I truly do. Such an awesome group of hardcore fans who manage to be fanatical yet sensible and courteous all at once. A rare combination online these days; the vast majority of message board participants nowadays are either flamers or trolls, and usually very rude people. I am privileged to be one of this gang, however sporadic my input. You guys rock! ALL of you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.