• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Huddle Report Ranks Mock Drafts

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
I'm not going to try to reproduce the charts but I'll provide a link below. The Huddle Report has charts comparing the accuracy of the top 50 online mock drafts for the 2007, 2008, and 2009 drafts based on the following scoring system.

Each pick can score 1 or 3 points. Here is how: Player in round = 1 / Player in round 1 + matched to team 2 = 3 points.

There is another chart on the right side of the page that ranks the top 100 mock drafts for the 2009 draft only.

Here's the link.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/mockdraftscoring.shtml

I dunno, WD. I'm thinking that perhaps looking at say the top ten or so-maybe more-and seeing which players/prospective teams seem to be consensus picks might at least make it possible to provide a somewhat more accurate framework to prognosticate around. There are always going to be cases where even ones ranked in the bottom half get a few right, especially the surprising ones, they just don't do quite as well across-the-board. I don't take this as a statistically accurate analysis-just sort of a general guide-or, perhaps more accurately-who's getting more guesses right. It's kinda like the BGO Pickem contest. There's no way I should have come out in third place based on actual total football knowledge because I guarantee there are several people here who know way more about it than I do-I just happened to find a method of picking games that had a statistical history of being fairly accurate in picking winners-plus I just got lucky on some-just like the mock draft guys.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.