• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tailgating?

InsaneBoost

Yes I know it's early, a good 6 months early, but I had to ask. What will be going on tailgating wise with the Redskins this season? I know a lot of us have come from ES or are new to the site entirely. Will there be an official BGO tailgate? Will everyone here just be joining the ES tailgate?

Might have been too early to ask considering everything has just started here, but I'm pretty anxious for the season and would like to meet some of you.

I've always visited the RH tailgate and then went to ES tailgate. Known Dave, Halter, Pez and Huly, and others for years. It would be nice to meet some of people here, although pretty sure may have met a few at ES tailgates over the years.

I am no longer a member of ES but still go over to the ES Tailgates. I have made a lot of good friends there.

If something is done to represent this site, it would probably be a good idea to set it up near the ES and RR Tailgates since there are so many crossovers.

Last edited:
Yeah I figured there'd be a lot of crossing over. I know I've met you before Riggins, over on Arena Drive before the Pittsburgh tailgate in 2007. Met Pez there, Huly was at the house I think for an open house or something?

I'm down for anything, though I don't think the ES faithful are too fond of me.

Haha I don't think so Sarge. According to Jumbo I am, "one of the all time user note champions."

LOL!!!! You are one wild guy Sarge, funny as hell though. I guess you might have me beat, I would have to ask Lord Jumbo about that though.

Geez I just realized they straight up banned me. I use to be able to PM, read articles, just couldn't post or create threads. WOW. Oh well, I like this place much better anyways!

Suffer the wrath did you? And not even a 4 page screed about how you suck:laugh:

Like you said, much more fun here

Suffer the wrath did you? And not even a 4 page screed about how you suck:laugh:

Like you said, much more fun here

Sarge, I checked out "Blaze of Glory" myself, in fact I went digging and read some of your old stuff in ES archives.

You were a feisty lil' bugger, weren't ya? Either you've been overcome by exhaustion or the aging process has worked double-time in the mellowing-out department. I mean you've been almost unbelievably calm and restrained compared to the...um...vociferousness you used to be capable of.

Understand, I'm not complaining-not even a tiny bit. After reading some of your "older" routines, the "new and improved" model is a bit less "entertainingly" intense, but much easier on the innards!
18.gif
:)

Start an Obama thread, see what happens;)

In all fairness, I have retired from the military, and I no longer work for an alphabet soup company either, so I no longer have to deal first hand with some of the foreign policy/intel crap I used to deal with.

I've enjoyed the tailgating the past year. Had a few good games with SHD (although he got too drunk at the last game we went to). Had a great tailgate with my father in law and Billfishead for the Saints game and then had a real nice time at the Cowboys game again with Billfishead.

I was wondering when somebody was going to bring this up.

I've met a few BGO/ESers at the few tailgates I've attended.

If somebody wants to organize one and you need another grill, let me know. I make a pretty good teriyaki chicken skewer (it's not on TLC's "crack on a stick" level but it's pretty good).

Walking Deadman, can we except some of those "Challenge to the 12th Man" threads this season? Always enjoyed those, pumped me up before the games!

Sure.
I was asked by Captain Chaos (over at ES) to do one for ES last season, but when you're 4-12 it's hard to get pumped for games.

Even harder to write 12th man threads when the Skins play like that.

That said, if the people want them and the mods/owners are cool with the premise (these threads slightly stray away from the intelligent conversation that is the foundation of BGO- something that made me come here in the first place) then it shall be done.

Here is the link to last years "Challenge to the 12th Man", not my best but not bad.

http://walkingdeadmanblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/challenge-to-12th-man-sore-throat-crew.html

I know exactly what you mean about being tough going 4-12, plus you have to deal with all the debbie downers over there, almost isn't even worth posting. I for one ALWAYS make noise for the team, every game, all game, there's no quit in me, not even after this terrible season.

I know exactly what you mean about being tough going 4-12, plus you have to deal with all the debbie downers over there, almost isn't even worth posting. I for one ALWAYS make noise for the team, every game, all game, there's no quit in me, not even after this terrible season.

same here......I want FedEx to rock RFK style one day.

The last time I felt what I assume would have been something like RFK rocking was the Browns and Eagles home games of last season (2008). I sat in the upper level endzone at that time and could feel the stadium swaying. Was an awesome feeling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.