• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Joe Gibbs And Former Gibbs Drivers Bobby Labonte, Tony Stewart Elected To NASCAR HoF

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
The vote occurred a few hours ago. Coach, Bobby Labonte, and Tony Stewart are amongst the five new inductees. The ceremony is next January.

Add Dale Jarrett to that group of Gibbs guys.

Think about that for a second. Joe Gibbs now holds a place in the Hall of Fame for 2 different major sports.

Other Gibbs drivers that should enter the HoF in the future are Denny Hamlin, Martin Truex, Joey Logano, and Kyle Busch. Even though it was just one race (injury substitution for Stewart), Ricky Rudd will be in the HoF soon.

Another likely JGR driver that could go to the HoF someday is Christopher Bell.

Last edited:
I am not a racing guy. I am probably an anomaly in the South, as I'll confess I've never so much as watched 2 minutes of a Nascar or other motor sport. I just have no interest in it. It's a shame, since my uncle was the CEO or Quaker State Oil which had a Nascar car (think one of the Bodine's was their driver, but not sure?)... I literally got asked all the time if I wanted to go to races or get up close and personal. Just not my thing.

But all that being said, what Joe Gibbs has done is simply incredible. I can't think of any other leader who has moved from one major sport or venture to another and achieved greatness, reaching the pinnacle of success in both realms. It is unheard of. And it goes to show that the principals that lead to success - hard work, the ability to communicate, build a team, and motivate, inspire, and assist others to achieve - those things are universal. That Gibbs has shown he has all of those abilities, and is also an incredible human being, is why he's one of my favorite human beings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.