• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The official, unofficial Jimmy Moreland Fan Club!

The word on young Mr. Moreland so far is that he has a ton of confidence and is just an all around baller. He's a smaller, corner, but then again, so was Darrell Green :) Love his attitude and he may be just what we need. His draft profiles all talk about his speed, that he's got a nose for the ball, great ball skills, small school gem, Rooting for him to excel. He probably projects as a nickel back due to his size, but you have to like his athleticism and he plays well beyond his size. Love our Virginia products and we may have gotten a huge steal from JMU. :cheers:

Some additional highlights and a short interview:

Last edited:
Yes Boone.
I love the way he plays. The ball is his for the taking.

Would lioke to see this guy play this year. Smoot continues to rave about his abilities.

The word on young Mr. Moreland so far is that he has a ton of confidence and is just an all around baller. He's a smaller, corner, but then again, so was Darrell Green :)

He was indeed, but somebody either forgot to tell HIM that or he just ignored them it they did. He was going to scratch and claw his way through any game scenario whether he had any chance of winning or not. A warrior to the bone, and if memory serves, despite fighting out of his weight class, so to speak, nearlly as many times as not, he gave at least as good as he got. Usually better than he got. If the league hadn't decided to allow the zebras to look the other way at Michael Irvin's blatant shoves, err, use of hands out of his breaks to create space, then DG would have played all those years having never come close to being outplayed by his opposite number, no matter what size they were. I hope this kid has a little of that fighting spirit in him, cuz you can never have too much of that on a squad.

'The Yorkie', gonna be fun to watch

The more videos I watch on our 2019 draft class the more I love our draft picks. I don't want any of them to go on the practice squad.

3 picks today in practice.
Manusky said he has never seen this before.

https://riggosrag.com/2019/05/30/redskins-moreland-people-cornerback/

Redskins rookie Jimmy Moreland becoming “the people's cornerback”

Hype moves quickly in the NFL offseason, and a certain Redskins rookie is doing his part to fuel the fire.

Organized team activities provide the very first opportunities for incoming rookies to prove they can stick around with the veterans of the NFL. The Washington Redskins found, on Wednesday, that one late-round pick might be better acclimated for the pro game than expected.

His fans gave him a nickname in which an expletive became his middle name in college, and as he moved on to the NFL, he was described as a pick machine, with a dog mentality. James Madison product Jimmy Moreland didn't have your average seventh-round pick reputation. Coming off of a four-year college career with 18 interceptions and 63 pass deflections, Moreland was No. 120 on our Top 150 big board, and in Round 7, he was considered great value.

Moreland backed up that suspicion on Wednesday. Beat reporters live tweeted in awe as Moreland caught not one, not two, but three interceptions in organized team activities. The way he acquired these interceptions varied as well. On the first pick, he ripped a screen pass from the hands of Darvin Kidsy. On the second, he snared a pass deflected by Deion Harris. And on the third, Moreland read Dwayne Haskins‘ eyes and undercut a route in the red zone, taking the football 100 yards the other way, with a parade of Redskins players behind him.

After practice, a reporter asked Moreland how many picks he had that day. Moreland responded, with a smile.

“Three. Hat trick.”

F4GW-UDO-tl3jP7i.jpg
The thief is at it again!

Good timing. We will need a starting corner opposite Dunbar in 2020.

No way we should bring back Norman at $18M.

If you didn't have a man crush before, you sure as hell do now. Kid is on fire. I've lost track of the highlight plays - but at least 2 forced fumbles, one to save a Browns TD. He looks to be a special player.

If you didn't have a man crush before, you sure as hell do now. Kid is on fire. I've lost track of the highlight plays - but at least 2 forced fumbles, one to save a Browns TD. He looks to be a special player.

Absolutely.

Too bad it's swamped by a horrendous performance by the offense. Remind me again - wasn't Jay Gruden supposed to be a leading light as an O-coordinator?

I don't know if we'll be disaster or pleasant surprise on offense. I think it's going to be a tough start with a new starting QB (no matter who it is, they'll essentially be new) and a tough early schedule. I think we have more offensive talent with all the starters out there than may immediately be obvious. But who really knows?

One thing I know - Gruden doesn't care about 'looking good' in preseason games. Sort of wish he did because it's tough to watch. But I'm not going to get too excited one way or another either way.

I remember Joe Gibbs stating at some point during his first tour of duty that a winning pattern in preseason mattered.

Gotta confess - this offense looks horrible. Run game improved.....but overall the O looked like you know what. I can't get over how bad it looks.

Well now...looks like we're back to traditional Skins special teams play as well!

30-10! Way to coach em up Jay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Player of the game.
Without a doubt.
Go Jimmy!

Concur on Norman.

He has been a burr in my ass for the past 2 plus years. He came over in 2016 and had a good first season but after that his skills started to decline as he approached 30 and that 4.6 speed became even more of an issue.

Once again, though the regime including Scot McCloughan thought he was a good signing even though he was a zone corner in Carolina and the Panthers refused to give him a franchise deal.

I am looking forward to seeing Moreau, Dunbar, Moreland, Strohman and others get better to the point that we can say goodbye to Norman.

There's not much point in cutting him right now as the season is about to start.

But after this season if the younger guys step up and prove they can play, Norman should be our first cut before free agency starts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.