• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rueben Foster carted off field

Riggotoni

The Rookie
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Dude lasted 3 plays into OTAs, and it looks like he's done for the season. He had an injury prone history, so no one can pretend to be surprised.

Alabama LB, Dylan Moses in 2020?
I don't know what to say at this point.

Haskins told reporters he saw it happen, and it didn't look bad to him.
He thinks Foster will be fine.
I know that's not official by any means, but it may be a ray of hope, at least.

And now I'm gauging just how far out on the ledge I am already. It isn't critical...yet.

Good thing we drafted Holcomb! He will be everything that Will Compton couldn't be because of his athleticism! Ruben who?

Smh. While I wasn't on the Foster bandwagon per se, you hate to see any injury to a young man, particularly one trying to square things away. I dunno. We've led the league in walking wounded the last two years, and it looks like we got a jump on year three at this point. One year? Plain ole bad luck. Two years? Dude, sucks to be us. Three years?? That qualifies as a trend to me. As a diehard fan who has zero knowledge of the inner workings of the coaching staff and their various scopes, I cannot speak to any lack of diligence...however, I know that in the college ranks the strength and conditioning coach is in some ways as vital and integral to the success or failure of a program as is the HC. I can only hope that this is the biggest injury blip on our radar this season, BUT if the trend continues to manifest itself I have to think that fingers must be pointed at the Skins strength and conditioning coaches, or lack thereof. This is just freaking ridiculous.

Smh. While I wasn't on the Foster bandwagon per se, you hate to see any injury to a young man, particularly one trying to square things away. I dunno. We've led the league in walking wounded the last two years, and it looks like we got a jump on year three at this point. One year? Plain ole bad luck. Two years? Dude, sucks to be us. Three years?? That qualifies as a trend to me. As a diehard fan who has zero knowledge of the inner workings of the coaching staff and their various scopes, I cannot speak to any lack of diligence...however, I know that in the college ranks the strength and conditioning coach is in some ways as vital and integral to the success or failure of a program as is the HC. I can only hope that this is the biggest injury blip on our radar this season, BUT if the trend continues to manifest itself I have to think that fingers must be pointed at the Skins strength and conditioning coaches, or lack thereof. This is just freaking ridiculous.

All due respect - what could any trainer or program do to prevent injury when a player jumps up and lands on another players foot?

There literally is no answer to that.

Sometimes when bad things happen, especially in bunches, we look for cause or blame. It's natural but may not be a valid pursuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzzard's luck. Redskins seem to have it in spades.

Keep seeing SDH and the rookie Holcomb thrown around as replacements......let's not forget about Josh Harvey Clemmons either.

Read somewhere,might've been JP Finlay, that JHC has bulked up to 240 and looks chisled....he might be in the mix too.

All due respect - what could any trainer or program do to prevent injury when a player jumps up and lands on another players foot?

Sometimes when bad things happen, especially in bunches, we look for cause or blame. It's natural but may not be a valid pursuit.

I don't know. It certainly does seem random, and just the breaks, but as I said, we seem to get an awful lot of those bad breaks. My point was that if it continues, at some point it can't be merely unfortunate happenstance, but a symptom of an underlying problem. I mean seriously, how many times can we be snakebit?

Feel sorry for the young man. His future is passing in front of his eyes right now. Hope he doesn't lapse into previous behavioral patterns but finds renewed inspiration to move forward in his life.

I can add to it... I've been a quadriplegic now for over 27 years... my roommate way back in 1992 was jogging down the beach with his wife, he tripped somehow and broke his neck and paralyzed him... he was young, healthy and a fitness freak.

I don't know. It certainly does seem random, and just the breaks, but as I said, we seem to get an awful lot of those bad breaks. My point was that if it continues, at some point it can't be merely unfortunate happenstance, but a symptom of an underlying problem. I mean seriously, how many times can we be snakebit?

This was a hot topic of conversation last year with several here, yours truly included, thinking much the same thought you have brought up. Someone, I think maybe it was Boone, talked to a doctor about it. Looking over the injuries on the list, the doc said the Skins had a majority of injuries that were not preventable by conditioning, strength training, or stretching. I forget the medical term that was used but they were injuries that would have happened regardless of other factors and were not preventable. Things like the ACL injuries with Guice last year and now Foster, as well as broken bones were all on that list.

Even so, it's a tough one to swallow. With so many injuries on this team, I get the desire to start looking for a reason.

Last edited:
These guys are bigger, stronger, and faster. To be honest, I'm not sure how there are not more injuries in the NFL. Their ligaments just cannot handle the size and speed of the bodies performing under these conditions. The fact that we have more injuries than most seems like just dumb luck.

What will be interesting to see is how the team will react, and how long they will give him to recover.

Edit: I will add this, the comment about how we handle him plays into the whole dumb luck thing. In our case, many of these injuries are random, but the fact that we hold on to so many players longer than we should probably plays a part in why the injuries pile up. Many of them are players injured for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th times.

I believe we should be giving players a second chance, but rarely a 3rd and definitely not a 4th.

Last edited:
Thanks for the intel brother. That puts my mind a little more at ease. I still wonder if there are other factors or variables that might play into this, and are possibly being ignored or not given enough emphasis. Nutrition, offseaason training regimen, heck, maybe compression sleeves in vulnerable areas just as additional protection; they won't stop a castastrophic injury but might help prevent some minor flukes, and they have almost no negative effect on players' bodies the way bulky knee braces or even fllak jackets do. I know I'm throwing things against the wall to see if they stick because kinesiology, orthopedic medicine and state of the art nutrition is far out of my bailiwick, but still...

EDIT: Sorry Neophyte, the reply left out the quote. Now, you see fellas? Even our posting thingamajiggie is dinged up! I've had just about alls I can stand and I can't stands no more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.