• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Starting QB Options in 2019?

Which QB Starts the 2019 Season Under Center?

• Case Keenum is our 2019 starter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Case Keenum starts but is replaced by Haskins

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Case Keenum starts but is replaced by McCoy

• Colt McCoy is our 2019 starter

• Colt McCoy starts but is replaced by Haskins

• Colt McCoy starts but is replaced by Keenum

• Dwayne Haskins is our 2019 starter

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Dwayne Haskins starts but is replaced by McCoy

• Dwayne Haskins starts but is replaced by Keenum

• All 3 QBs get starts in 2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's one other benefit to sitting Haskins and having him learn.....Alex Smith. While CK ballz the F out Haskins gets to not only watch but pick the brain and have the game explained from a savvy vet. The same vet who mentored Patrick Mahomes & that turned out alright for the chefs. Alex is the perfect tutor and practically a qb coach

Last edited:
There's one other benefit to sitting Haskins and having him learn.....Alex Smith. While CK ballz the F out Haskins gets to not only watch but pick the brain and have the game explained form a savvy vet. The same vet who mentored Patrick Mahomes & that turned out alright for the chefs. Alex is the perfect tutor and practically a qb coach

Honest question - are they allowed to have a guy on IR on the bench?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honest question - are they allowed to have a guy on IR on the bench?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a helluva question & one I do not know the answer to. You'd think the team could bring anyone they wanted onto the sideline, but Goodell is a douche and would try to dock us capspace probably

That's a helluva question & one I do not know the answer to. You'd think the team could bring anyone they wanted onto the sideline, but Goodell is a douche and would try to dock us capspace probably

Yeah - I would assume they can have anyone they want hanging out on the bench or at practice, but I'm just not sure. I know the standard approach is that when you are injured, you are pretty much no longer a part of the team until you are able to physically participate. So I wonder if there are rules/regs that restrict participation. I just don't know... Might throw that question at Keim and see if he knows....

This issue came up last year, because of a minor controversy when an NFL employee stated IR players cannot travel with the team, so it's possible they may not be allowed on their own sideline.

What if they drive themselves? :idea:

I did ask Keim if he knows - if he responds I'll post it up. By the way, Keim and Bram have a new podcast. It's a great listen if anyone is interested.

I did ask Keim if he knows - if he responds I'll post it up. By the way, Keim and Bram have a new podcast. It's a great listen if anyone is interested.

I've been listening to Keim's podcast, really enjoy it. But then I've always loved his reports on ESPN.

I find his stuff to be pretty balanced. He obviously loves the team, but not to the point where everything is hyperbolic. He generally lays it out like it is. I listen to JP Finlay's podcast too and enjoy it when he's on there. too.

I wish he and Bram did more of the actual content together. Keim knows his stuff, just not the most dynamic speaker and Bram has a lot of personality and is also more skeptical of the Redskins. Together they really are a perfect team - and unlike other Skins analysts (like Cooley and Czaban) you never get the 'I'm the smartest guy in the room' vibe. Both are humble guys and class acts.

Coincidentally, they were pretty much the only two Redskins coverage guys I met when doing game and camp coverage that were friendly and approachable.

I suppose if they drive fast, and wear a disguise when they arrive.
Tried to find a source to back up what I recalled, and so far this is the best I can find.

I google-fu'd it and couldn't find anything definitive. (But then my google-fu is generally weak!)

Some seem to say it's a team choice.
Some say it's medical advice.
Some say the sideline is too dangerous a place for someone on IR (imagine Alex Smith being run over by an out of bounds tackle with that broken leg!)
Some say they almost always attend home games, but don't travel for rehab reasons (no time cooped up on planes and coaches)

Loads of reasons out there, but can't find a definitive one.

Keim's response...

Keim's response...

Okay it seems that if Dan buys Alex a rascal scooter he can be anywhere the team permits? There must be something in the last NFL/NFLPA contract that states the wounded must stay home and recoup. More or less the team cannot force a player to travel with them, and seen from the players pov.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.