• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rate the Redskins 2019 Draft

Rate the Skins Overall Draft Effort

• A+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • A-

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • B+

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B-

• C+

• C-

• D

• F

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
How did the Redskins do on this year's NFL Draft overall?

It will of course all depend on whether Haskins is a legit QB. Given that the last time we selected a winning franchise QB in the first round was about 70 years ago, the odds are not good...about the same as the survival rate for Spinal Tap drummers. The trade up for Sweat was brilliant, but I think we could have gotten a starting guard with our first 4th rounder and.still had Love with the next.

B

It will of course all depend on whether Haskins is a legit QB. Given that the last time we selected a winning franchise QB in the first round was about 70 years ago, the odds are not good...about the same as the survival rate for Spinal Tap drummers.

So what you're saying is Haskins could possibly spontaneously combust at some point in the season. At least it would help ticket sales for the following game.

B+, would have been an A if the Love pick could be re-done. Very solid draft, at least on paper.

A. I am extremely happy with this draft. I'm actually excited for this upcoming season and to watch these young guys develop! Thank you Lord, I have been quite apathetic the past year, but this draft energized me and gave me some faith in our FO. Not total faith, but this draft went a long way into restoring some of it 😊

A from me.
Haskins is viewed by many evaluators, as the best qb in the draft. Sweat can be everything we have been missing at edge.
Mclaurin and Harmon are instant upgrades at wr.

Probably one immediate starter for the oline, and one for depth.

Possible steal in Love who had 2000 yards in 17.

The kid at corner will make the roster. Guaranteed.

This is easily the best draft that we've had in ten years.

I'd give it an A-, due to the fact that we came away with neither a TE nor a FS.

We just painted ourselves into a corner with the TE position next season. Without a second rounder, we'll either have to invest a first round pick, or wait and hope that we can hit big in round three or beyond.

The rest of the draft was great though.

Right now I give it a solid B+. My concerns are known - too early to judge the Haskins move. I must confess that I have not been impressed by the interviews he has given since being drafted. On the other hand, I did see an interview he gave a while back explaining his decision process on one passing play and he seemed to have a pretty analytic mind that one can assume operates in NFL real time.

Too hard to tell at this point:
- good arm strength, can make all the throws, football intelligent, attended big time football school, great stats last season, winning record
- only one season, not very mobile which may pull some plays out of the playbook as well as implications for escapability, slow speed, not sure on pocket presence under pressure (given some things I have read)

My guess is he'll sit most of this season - unless Keenum has a horrible start or streak at some point - since he only has one year of bif-time college football under his belt and has a lot to learn. So we won't really know until next season.

I'd give it an A-, due to the fact that we came away with neither a TE nor a FS.

We just painted ourselves into a corner with the TE position next season. Without a second rounder, we'll either have to invest a first round pick, or wait and hope that we can hit big in round three or beyond.

This is kind of where I'm at too.

Really wanted TE addressed in this draft. Either wanted BB's guy Moreau or Nauatu from UGA. I just don't think we're ever going to see a healthy,productive Jordan Reed again and Vernon's long in the tooth and could fall off the cliff at any time.

The deal with Haskins for me is two fold: Right now, he's a one year wonder. That's shaky ground to stand on. 2: If he sits and learns for a year, that would be optimal-develop him the right way.

But with the fanbase dwindling and the need to get the new Qb on the field to draw the fans back
I hope that they can resist the temptation....

Agree on this. I'm still not sure about the Love pick. I don't know if they could have drafted someone else at that point, but if this guy recovers fully and is as good as he was in college, that could be a real steal. It was definitely the riskiest pick but the one with perhaps the most upside.

Otherwise, I think they did a fantastic job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great effort here in 2019. Balance of needs and assessing available talent.

I don't think the Redskins were going to take Daniel Jones and it appears Denver was not either so the Giants ended up feeling they had to over draft.

Nice to see 😆

Biggest hole is at free safety as we cut Swearinger and didn't resign Dix. Then Nicholson got into legal trouble and God knows where his career is headed.

We are covered at strong with Collins but need to sign a veteran to play FS or make a trade.

If Cromartie can play there great, but those corner to safety transitions are hard to pull off. There have been some high profile successes but usually the corner moving over is a top flight player a la Rod Woodson.

But with the fanbase dwindling and the need to get the new Qb on the field to draw the fans back
I hope that they can resist the temptation....

This is what I feel is going to happen. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him starting, and starting early. As soon as he has an official number, count on him being in all the marketing going forward.

My gut feeling is Keenum will start the first 6-7 games at least and if the team is out of it by Week 10 you will see Haskins for the final 6 games.

From Walterfootball:

Washington Redskins: A Grade

Goals Entering the 2019 NFL Draft: The Redskins are in a very difficult position because they have such a big need for a quarterback, yet this is the wrong time to have a huge void at the position, given how bad those prospects are in the 2019 NFL Draft class. They would be better off tanking for Tua Tagovailoa, Jake Fromm or Justin Herbert in the 2020 NFL Draft. As for this draft, they need to find some new receivers, interior offensive linemen and cornerbacks.

2019 NFL Draft Accomplishments: As I wrote in the goals section, the Redskins would've been better off waiting for a quarterback in the 2020 class, but they at least obtained some good value with Dwayne Haskins at No. 15 overall. There were reports suggesting that Washington would trade up for Haskins, which would've been disastrous. I don't really have an issue with the Redskins taking Haskins at No. 15, as he was once viewed as the top quarterback in this class before Kyler Murray measured in at 5-10 instead of the speculated 5-8.

Washington's best move was trading up into the end of the first round for Montez Sweat. The dynamic edge rusher probably would've been a top-10 pick if he weren't misdiagnosed with a heart condition. Sweat was reportedly cleared the day of the draft, so I thought it was possible that he would be chosen much earlier than No. 26. He wasn't, and the Redskins snatched a major steal as a result.

The rest of Washington's haul was impressive, as the team filled needs with good values. The two picks I questioned were Bryce Love (adding an injury-prone running back to a roster with an injured running back didn't make much sense) and Wes Martin (a complete unknown), but they weren't enough to spoil what happened to be one of the best draft classes in the NFL this year.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgradesteam.php#ixzz5mVQYi8S8

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgradesteam.php#6KAzf99d9MbAP0TH.99

From Walterfootball:

The two picks I questioned were...and Wes Martin (a complete unknown)

Maybe he was a complete unknown to the media, but he was not unknown to the Redskins' staff.
That is the only thing that matters.

Strange thing, is Steve gave higher grades to those 2 picks (Love and Martin) than he did for McLaurin.

Last edited:
Wes Martin is an unknown but Jordan Brailford is a household name who can be properly evaluated :huh2:

I would have preferred more OL talent with that Love pick but otherwise this draft feels really solid to me. I gave it an A-.

This is what I feel is going to happen. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him starting, and starting early. As soon as he has an official number, count on him being in all the marketing going forward.

My one hope is that if Haskins does experience success as a Redskin, he doesn't become bigger than the franchise itself. I felt that in Robert Griffin's rookie year, we had a case of a guy who was much larger than the team and we paid for it.

It made me cringe every time during our playoff run (as well as early in the playoff game) in Griffin's rookie year when the fans would chant "RG3, RG3!"

It didn't feel like a team to me. It felt like 70 000 people cheering for Robert Griffin, and then there was everybody else in burgundy and gold.

A bit of what I'm describing above can be attributed to why we lost to the Seahawks in the Wildcard round after starting that game with a blistering 14-0 start.

The persona of Griffin was so big that apparently we couldn't win a game without him, which wasn't entirely true.

No use crying over spilled milk though - I'm excited Haskins is here and wish him much success in helping to turn our franchise around.

I believe he's being fairly insulated as well. There are many of our picks this year who have been applauded for their leadership, as well as many who are already in the building who are viewed as good leaders. This can only help Dwayne in making a solid transition hopefully.

My one hope is that if Haskins does experience success as a Redskin, he doesn't become bigger than the franchise itself. I felt that in Robert Griffin's rookie year, we had a case of a guy who was much larger than the team and we paid for it.

It made me cringe every time during our playoff run (as well as early in the playoff game) in Griffin's rookie year when the fans would chant "RG3, RG3!"

It didn't feel like a team to me. It felt like 70 000 people cheering for Robert Griffin, and then there was everybody else in burgundy and gold.

A bit of what I'm describing above can be attributed to why we lost to the Seahawks in the Wildcard round after starting that game with a blistering 14-0 start.

The persona of Griffin was so big that apparently we couldn't win a game without him, which wasn't entirely true.

No use crying over spilled milk though - I'm excited Haskins is here and wish him much success in helping to turn our franchise around.

I believe he's being fairly insulated as well. There are many of our picks this year who have been applauded for their leadership, as well as many who are already in the building who are viewed as good leaders. This can only help Dwayne in making a solid transition hopefully.

I agree with this. However, this is the nature of being a QB. I was at the playoff game against the Packers. They gave out towels of “You like that” and several chants throughout the game of “You like that”.

The RG3 thing was way over the top and it was made worse by Griffin himself. But the QB will always be the star of the team and these things come with the territory. We just have to hope it doesn't derail anything. Your point about locker room leaders will hopefully help this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.