• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bryce Love. Risky but, this could be a major steal.

How'd he tear his ACL?

Heard it was his final carry.
I have to ask, does it warrant all the excitement if there's a question of whether he'll be the same player, or even close to the same player he was before, since he relies so much on speed, agility, burst and quickness ? Or does an ACL tear not threaten those kinds of things after the player heals ?

That's a great question but also a tough one to have an educated opinion about. I'm sure the best orthopedic surgeons in the world would tell you that after an ACL repair, the ligament will be just as strong as the original one was. AP would certainly be a poster child for that idea. But there are probably other instances where guys don't seem to have the same explosiveness (whether that's truly a physical limitation or maybe psychological - a player not fully ‘trusting the repaired knee or playing more cautiously - it's tough to know).

In his favor, he's very young. @Om and I also watched film of Love from the 2018 season. He was pretty effing dynamic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great question but also a tough one to have an educated opinion about. I'm sure the best orthopedic surgeons in the world would tell you that after an ACL repair, the ligament will be just as strong as the original one was. AP would certainly be a poster child for that idea. But there are probably other instances where guys don't seem to have the same explosiveness (whether that's truly a physical limitation or maybe psychological - a player not fully ‘trusting the repaired knee or playing more cautiously - it's tough to know).

In his favor, he's very young. @Om and I also watched film of Love from the 2018 season. He was pretty effing dynamic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That kid has vision...so if he has just a slight fall off in speed, he'll still do well as a 3rd down back/2nd stringer to fill in when Guice or Peterson need a break.

Heard it was his final carry.
I have to ask, does it warrant all the excitement if there's a question of whether he'll be the same player, or even close to the same player he was before, since he relies so much on speed, agility, burst and quickness ? Or does an ACL tear not threaten those kinds of things after the player heals ?

Don't know. Is a restored Corvette as nice as the original? Eye of the beholder. But it's not the original.

Not worried about Love. Other teams have taken similar risks. Sometimes they work out. Sometimes they don't. Here's hoping "All You Need is Love"!

The way New England does it is the right way to do it, too. They would bring Sony Michelle in for the entire 1st Q, and some of the 2nd. Then, they'd bring White in on a drive or 2 into the 2nd Q.

Then they'd start the 3rd Q with White, then bring Michelle back late in the 3rd or early in the 4th...sometimes mixing Burkhead in.

Then, late in a game it would be White or Michelle to close things out.

It was very little rotating during a drive but rotating entire quarters or at least entire drives in the middle of the game.

In each case, it would give the back on the field a chance to get going.

Give AP the first quarter, Guice the 2nd and Thompson the 3rd, then rotate all in the 4th. Actually that sounds like a pretty fun game plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.