• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Showing A Lot While Having Lot To Do

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
The Redskins finished last season with a team full of holes.

Not all would be fixed in one offseason despite what Allen, Gruden and others publicly said about the pressure to win now.

That seemed obvious to a lot of us.

What the Redskins have done so far in free agency and the draft to me indicates the team wants to be more competitive right away but knows truly being in a position to win big is a ways off.

The selection of Haskins underscores that point. This kid has all the talent and character to be successful in the NFL. But it isn't going to come together tomorrow afternoon.

It's going to take coaching and test the ability of Gruden to deliver on his original selling point here of being a guy that works well with quarterbacks.

I am pleased we did not trade for Flacco and go for a quick fix this time.

In addition to Haskins the team has been able to add potential high impact players in Landon Collins, Montez Sweat and Reuben Foster.

When was the last time you can say the team came away with 4 impact players in the offseason the oldest of which is 26?

This is all before we see what the team does with the remaining seven picks.

For those that want OL depth and a young corner to groom I point to our third round picks as well as the chance to add a veteran OG in secondary free agency.

Make no mistake, taking a LB at 15 and ignoring the qb position for yet another year in re securing the future would have been a mistake.

So far so good.

Let's see what this coaching staff now does with some additional pieces.

The scrutiny will now largely be on them.

Well, lets see if they actually make an impact before calling them impact players.

Also, for a team with as many holes as we have ... I don't know that trading up is a great plan. We are looking at 5-6 wins this year. Losing that 2nd rounder is gonna hurt. Could have gotten the edge rusher next year.

That said, holding fast and letting Haskins drop was a big plus. If he's the guy we really wanted, that was well done.

Hard to imagine a better start to the off season(Collins, Haskins, Sweat). Especially since we are cap screwed.
Oline and WRs have to be next.

Sweat would have been a top 10-12 pick if not for the health scare.

You ain't getting his talent and college production in Round 3.

Atlanta took what may end up being 2 guards in Round 1.

Unless one of these guys is John Hannah it was a mistake

Foster now off the exempt list is a 24 year old #1 pick we got for nothing.

Hell yeah that counts.

If Foster was in this year's draft with his measurables and we took him at some point fans would be jumping for joy.

Sometime around game 5 the left side of the OL will be gone and 2019 will be on its way to another bad memory.
Trent Williams has been great for us, but he can't make it through a full season anymore. Ereck Pourdanesh Flowers is a joke and will be demoted to 3rd string by game 2...if not sooner. Nsekhe is gone. Moses is tough, but his play understandably drops off significantly when hurt, and he may be injury prone. Time to party like it's 1998. At least Scherff and Roullier are solid.

Sometime around game 5 the left side of the OL will be gone and 2019 will be on its way to another bad memory.
Trent Williams has been great for us, but he can't make it through a full season anymore. Ereck Pourdanesh Flowers is a joke and will be demoted to 3rd string by game 2...

We drafted some OL guys.
Some really good OL guys.
Our OL isn't megadoomed.
Get sum Rigatoni & smile.
Pasta stimulates da brain.

Last edited:
I don't have an expectation that Flowers is necessarily going to be the LG.

My guess is he will be the swing tackle.

I think Martin or the OL from Alabama snags the LG spot as a rookie.

If Geron Christian can't beat out Dead Flowers then he was a wasted pick. Flowers is atrocious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.