• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I don't think Haskins should have been the pick

image.jpg

I wanted Lock but Jay musta really liked Haskins. He needs a WR and maybe a TE this week, but I'm good with it.

Yeah, I was just lamb basted in the chat room for suggesting the team made a mistake drafting this kid.

I hope we're wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was just lamb basted in the chat room for suggesting the team made a mistake drafting this kid.

I hope we're wrong.

Mmmm.... lamb.....

we are still not where we need to be on Oline, do not have a decent receiving corps that would help this kid succeed. I dont see this ending well

No team in the NFL sees a QB in the draft they think can be a longterm starter and says 'Hey - he'd be great, but let's go get that OL instead'. It just doesn't happen. We don't have a perfect OL, but it's a helluva lot better than a lot of others in the NFL. We have needs at WR (although if Quinn and/or Sims step up, they might not be as horrific as some think) but we still have all of our 2019 draft picks.

Dude threw 50 tds which is pretty damn impressive honestly. I'd feel better as soon as we draft him some line depth though, friggin debacle last year, and the one before.

Probably half the QBs ever drafted in the 1st round prove to be outright busts, or disappointments. There are no guarantees. But the good news is, the kid has a huge upside (no one can be 100% sure what he will ultimately be after just a year as a starter) and we didn't do something insane to get him. We liked him (you can parse the 'we' all you want) and we held on and picked him without giving up anything.

He'll be a great QB, an okay one, or a bust. But I don't know how anyone could purport to know that with any certainty. We got a young QB with a lot of talent and a ton of potential for a mid-1st round pick. No guarantee any QB we had taken would succeed. It's a risk but I love the pick and will root my ass off for him. Kudos to the FO for being patient and staying put, something I wasn't sure they would do.

We got a 50/50 shot at a good QB. And it only cost a single, prepaid pick.

Okay now the tougher question is do you sit him or play him?

In the post Scot era, the team seems to be letting the draft come to them. They sit tight and pick the guy that slides to them. In this case, it was Haskins. I think this was the safe pick, at least as safe as QB gets. He will work out or he won't. The same is true of anyone else they would have picked or will pick in this draft.

The other thing, the draft is not over. They didn't have to give up anything to get him. So they have all the rest of their draft picks to take other positions. Once the draft is over, if they haven't addressed any of their other needs, then it's doom and gloom time.

I agree Ryman.

I read something tonight that reaffirmed something I heard on the radio earlier in the day: Haskins does not function well under pressure. He's slow. His strengths are intelligence, good arm strength, attitude/leadership.

I think we made a mistake. We aren't building from the inside out. We're the same ole Redskins - kinda lurching year to year filling the latest holes rather than adopting a philosophy/vision and keeping to it.

Sigh. This team just doen't have great people at the top of its management/leadership pyramid. And so the 20+ year jouney (that the better lead teams accomplish in 3-4 years) continues.

There was no realistic alternative. Rosen absolutely sucks. I have no idea where the Rosen bs even began.

From Walter football on Rosen:

"First, it's quite apparent that Josh Rosen is a sunk cost. This should've been obvious leading up to the 2018 NFL Draft when it was revealed that Rosen didn't have a strong passion for football and just wanted to party instead. Rosen predictably struggled as a rookie. Granted, he had very little help around him, but the same could be said for Josh Allen and Sam Darnold, both of whom showed signs of life in their first seasons. Rosen did not. Second, Murray loves football. Unlike Rosen, he has a passion for the game."

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php#9htOHpEWLBUuP5qY.99

The other option? Home games with 20k in attendance this season. You know that wasn't an option-- even if it's a smarter move longer term.

Redskins now have pick 26?

Yup..and the pick is: DK Metcalf? Hope not.

Cost is this and next year's 2nd rnd picks.

For: Sweat! Good move.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 - 2nd round picks for Montez Sweat?

Let's hope the rub about his heart is not true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.