• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I don't think Haskins should have been the pick

He said he will be ready by mid training camp

Sorry, late to the chat game. I'm actually happy with the Haskins pick. I mean, you never know with QB's, but I'm 100% behind this kid. I'm even more happy that the FO didn't do something crazy to get him!

teams who can afford to take flyers on injured guys are teams that have talent and depth already, for some reason our braintrust hasnt figured that out yet.

One year is meaningless. If you have the chance to add top-tier talent you take it. Whether he can contribute immediately is 100% irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime you are talking about a knee injury for a RB it's potentially significant given the shelf life of players at the position.

And we are talking about a #4 pick not a #7 pick.

WHERE you take players is key in balancing risk vs. reward

Breaking news even if everything goes our way, we are not winning the SuperBowl this year. We need to purge the team of old fragile and lazy with younger hungrier inexperienced players. Yeah even if the oft injured weak left guard has a dossier of Snyder doing things on a bed abroad there is no excuse for him to be on the roster come opening day

What's up, NavyDave ?!
Just fyi, Sarge was out in the 5 Oclock Forum lookin for you in particular, a couple months ago.

Not quite the full story - the decision process, specifically risk, is more complex.

1. We know injured players drop in the draft - that clearly reflects uncertainty.

2. The nature of the injury makes a difference.

Bobby Beathard used to draft college players that were top juniors but got hurt as seniors and fell off a lot of teams draft ready boards in April.

He hit on some guys that became franchise players here like Charles Mann but he had his failures too.

Years ago, though draft picks were worth less in an era without a cap.

Now you really can't build without cheap draft picks that turn out and perform for you.

Boy Sheehan has been tough to listen to the last few days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.