• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Super Bowl

Blondie

I went to the Super Bowl this year. The experience was absolutely great!! The atmosphere all week is amazing.

Of course, there is NO TAILGATING at the Super Bowl.......so the REDSKIN tailgaters would have fits.....but there are so many activities it isn't even noticed.

Lots of stars and celebrities there. Including Danny's guy Tom Cruise. I ran........literally....into Queen Latifiah. Snuck a pic of Evander Holyfield.....and he was NOT pleased. I didn't try to take any more pics of the stars.

The game was great. The Saints fans seemed to out number the Colts fans at least 2/1. And I do believe they were more inebriated than the Colts fans also.

Had a great time. 77 degrees in February is always a good thing.

Attachments

• blondie super bowl6.jpg
    blondie super bowl6.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 194
  • blondie super bowl8.jpg
    blondie super bowl8.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 179
  • blondie super bowl12.jpg
    blondie super bowl12.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 170
  • blondie super bowl4.jpg
    blondie super bowl4.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 173
  • blondie super bowl16.jpg
    blondie super bowl16.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 197
Sounds like a great time. I am curious to get your perspective on halftime. Now having been to a Super Bowl and regular season games, what is your take on the longer half?

Curious to know the fans perpective. And if you have any insight on how the players view the longer half.

So can I not see these images due to not be Premium or is my account just messed up a bit?

I am still saddened to this day about my only opportunity to attend a Super Bowl. In 1983 my friend Tony called me to tell me that if my mother could bye me a plane ticket to Pasadena, his mother had an extra ticket to SB XVII. Of course my Mom did not have the means to afford last minute airfare to California.

I will never forget what Tony told me about his experience. He said, "Brian, as John Riggins was scampering down the sideline (on his way to the longest run in SB history), it looked like he was running right toward me!" He was in endzone seats just a few rows back. I could have been there! :cry:

Glad you had a great time Blondie! When the Redskins return, I will be there!

Man, people come to Fl, and I never get a visit.

I'm starting to get a complex......:kick_can:

I am still saddened to this day about my only opportunity to attend a Super Bowl. In 1983 my friend Tony called me to tell me that if my mother could bye me a plane ticket to Pasadena, his mother had an extra ticket to SB XVII. Of course my Mom did not have the means to afford last minute airfare to California.

I will never forget what Tony told me about his experience. He said, "Brian, as John Riggins was scampering down the sideline (on his way to the longest run in SB history), it looked like he was running right toward me!" He was in endzone seats just a few rows back. I could have been there! :cry:

Glad you had a great time Blondie! When the Redskins return, I will be there!
I came close to going to the '88 SB vs. Denver. My college roommate and I both had received commitments from our respective mothers to fly us out to the SB if we could secure game tickets. We'd tried some options to no avail, then suddenly my roommate thought of something: J.D. Gibbs went to school with us and we all went to the same church back home. My roomie approached J.D. about tickets, and he told my roomie that if he'd come to him a day earlier, we could've gotten tickets for free. His family couldn't find any takers for the tickets and they'd had to turn them back in. Needless to say, we were grief stricken! :cry:

I went to Minneapolis in 1992 and had a great time, despite the cold temps.

Everyone was touting the Bills on their return trip after losing to the Giants, but I had a great feeling about this game as the AFC was still a walk in the park compared to the NFC.

Talked a lot of trash but got the chance to have it backed up by the team :)

Saw Terr Bradshaw out one night with a throng of people on the skywalk and shouted "Redskins 37 Bills 0' which elicited a big smile from him.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.