• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

QB Battle: The Finale

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
qbbattleall.png

For the past month, I've thrown 2 potential NFL QB draft choices into the ring to face each other in Mortal Kombat and see who might prevail. Each of the guys below have some very positive traits. Some of them could justifiably be taken early, while others would only make sense if taken in the mid to late rounds. But are any of them destined to be the Redskins QB of the future?

QB Battle [URL=https://www.bgobsession.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 : Daniel Jones (Duke) vs. Brett Rypien (Boise State)[/url]

Winner: Brett Rypien

QB Battle [URL=https://www.bgobsession.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 : Will Grier (West Virginia) vs. Ryan Finley (NC State)[/url]

Winner: Will Grier

QB Battle [URL=https://www.bgobsession.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 : Jarrett Stidham (Auburn) vs. Tyree Jackson (Buffalo)[/url]

Winner: Hard pass on both

QB Battle [URL=https://www.bgobsession.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 : Gardner Minshew (Washington State) vs. Easton Stick (North Dakota State)[/url]

Winner: Easton Stick

QB Battle [URL=https://www.bgobsession.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=5]#5 : Kyler Murray (Oklahoma) vs. Drew Lock (Missouri)[/url]

Winner: Drew Lock

And the winner of the ultimate QB Battle is....none of the above!

The irony is, while an argument could be made for any of the above QBs - I don't think any of them will be our choice come this Thursday. Instead, the QB the Washington Redskins pull the trigger on this week will be one of two guys we did NOT highlight. Josh Rosen will be a tempting option for the B&G. He's smart, got a great arm, has 3 years remaining on a very affordable rookie contract, and has an incredibly high ceiling. But the Arizona Cardinals are about to turn the 2019 NFL Draft on it's ear by doing what no one is predicting they'll do, and holding onto Josh Rosen. And with that opportunity vanishing before our eyes, I believe there's only one guy in this draft class that the Redskins really covet - and that QB is ...

57X7WTDQQ5DF3L7XZZXP6P4Q2M.JPG

Ohio State's Dwayne Haskins

Haskins is big, strong, and has barely touched on his potential with just 1 season as a starter. Haskins is a very accurate pocket passer with a big, strong arm - completing over 70% of his passes in a season and a half of play. Despite his relative inexperience, Haskins made few mistakes under center, throwing an astonishing 54 career TD passes to just 9 interceptions. Haskins picked apart a number of defenses and has shown an ability to go through the progressions from under center which will be key to his success at the NFL level.

He's the prototypical pocket passer the Redskins have wanted for a long time. And the Skins are going to do whatever it takes to ensure he's wearing Burgundy and Gold when the dust settles on Thursday night.

I'm certainly not a draftnik and probably only know about 1% of the prospects that our own Burgundy Burner knows, but when Haskins declared after last season, I wondered what it would take to get him. I don't like the idea of trading up for anyone in this draft, but of the QBs available, he was the one I wanted before all the evaluations began.

Whoever the Redskins pick, I just hope they get the right guy. They have too long of a history of getting the wrong guy. Whoever they take, I'm going to be rooting hard that he is the right guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the teams that have 'hit' on a franchise QB, it's because they had a top pick and got one of the more 'sure fire' starters (there are exceptions, like Seattle, who nabbed Russell Wilson in a later round). We just haven't been in the position to pick one of the top 2-3 QBs since which has necessitated gambling on guys with less certain skillsets. We may not get the chance this year either, the only reason there IS a chance is because so many of the teams ahead of us in the draft are set at QB. Drafting QB is definitely still somewhat of a crapshoot. I do think Gruden and Williams know what it takes to be an NFL QB and the good news is, no matter who is driving the selection, we should end up with a good one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.