• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Which QB Do YOU Want?

Which QB Do YOU Want?

• Drew Lock

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Dwayne Haskins

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Josh Rosen

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Daniel Jones

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Someone else (please comment)

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
It's almost certain that the Redskins will draft a 'QB of the Future' in next week's draft.

Which guy do you want?

I think Rosen is the safest bet. And if we can do it while retaining our 1st rounder? Yahtzee!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta agree with Ax, Rosen.

Except for maybe Drew Lock, I don't see anyone in the 1st round I'd want. I'd prefer we take a 2nd round flier on Rosen if he's available and draft Easton Stick to come in and back him up.

Time to move on from Smith/McCoy. Thanks for your service, guys...see you next time.

Want nothing to do with Rosen.

I don't believe that football is important enough for him that he will be dedicated enough to realize his potential.

Keep our picks and and hope Wil Grier is there in the second.

Stick it to em!

Stick to the game plan.

Develop Stick: starter or quality backup...both marketable.

Sell the farm in the 2020 draft for one of the top tier QBs.

Want nothing to do with Rosen.

I don't believe that football is important enough for him that he will be dedicated enough to realize his potential.

Keep our picks and and hope Wil Grier is there in the second.

Not sure about this - but I agree there should be concern. I originally liked the idea, but there is something odd about his approach.

There are significant questions about Grier's arm strength and ability to read/adjust. Not sure he is the guy to place our chips on.

Not sure about this - but I agree there should be concern. I originally liked the idea, but there is something odd about his approach.

There are significant questions about Grier's arm strength and ability to read/adjust. Not sure he is the guy to place our chips on.

A career 60% passer(Rosen) with leadership and locker room issues,whose own college coach threw him under the bus vs a career 66% passer that's a better leader and locker room guy ?

To each his own I guess.....

A career 60% passer(Rosen) with leadership and locker room issues,whose own college coach threw him under the bus vs a career 66% passer that's a better leader and locker room guy ?

To each his own I guess.....

I'm not denying Rosen has *reportedly* had some issues in the past, but I think we've found over the years that a lot of time those kinds of things have been greatly overblown. Have you seen any of the recent interviews of him - because those don't reflect the kind of guy you're describing. I'm not sayin it couldn't all be an act, but he sounded sincere to me. I also am not aware of any issues 'locker room' related during his first NFL season in Arizona - are you? I know some point to Arizona's reported willingness to dump him for Murray, but again, I think that can easily be explained by a belief that Murray is just a special talent whom they unexpectedly find themselves in a position to draft. Doesn't necessarily represent any mandate on Rosen's personality or deficits as a human being.

I also have to say that a lot of us are not finished products in our early 20's. I'm personally hesitant to write a guy off based on stupid shit he said as a college student. Maybe that comes from personal experience, but I'm guessing you might not want to be judged forever based on your behavior and words at that age? :)

I am more concerned about football not being a priority for him than anything else.

As Bill Parcells once said, "Family,God,football...football needs to be somewhere in the top three..."

Is he talented? Yep.

But as Charlie Weis pointed out (paraphrasing) "Some had him rated as the best QB in the draft last year but there's a reason he fell to ten.Just how committed is he??"

I frigging hate that loud-mouth Weis. I listen to NFLN radio on the way to work in the morning, and I just want to reach through the radio and punch him in his fat know-it-all mouth :)

I understand the 'rep' but again, I haven't heard any negative stories or feedback that have come from his first year with the Cardinals. I understand that right now, the Cards have every incentive to describe him as the greatest QB since Joe Montana. But I'm talking about during the year. Maybe there was criticism, I am just not aware of it? I'd be interested in reading anything anyone knows about.

As far as how important football is to him - did you hear his comments from the past several days? Stated that leading the Cardinals to their only 3 wins last season felt like the Super Bowl and how he wants to feel that way a lot more, talked about how he loves the game and playing, etc... I'm just saying - it sounded sincere. And guys can learn over time. I'm just sayin'... he did not sound like the next Jay Cutler like so many have warned about.

I'll go try to find those recent comments.

Thanks Boone

Here's some info on Mora's comments...

http://arizonasports.com/story/1620...cism-asking-why-dumbest-thing-ive-ever-heard/

'Listen to other Arizona Cardinals explain what stands out about teammate Josh Rosen, and most will make a similar observation. The rookie quarterback asks a lot of questions.

The Cardinals, and everyone paying attention to Rosen before the 2018 NFL Draft, knew this.

That's because Rosen's coach at UCLA, Jim Mora, created a firestorm of media coverage when he said in a pre-draft interview with Peter King that Rosen, “wants to know ‘why?'.” Maybe it didn't help that Rosen toyed with Mora's answer by posting “Why? #why ” in a tweet.

Nonetheless, draft coverage turned Mora's comment into negative fodder before Rosen fell to 10th overall, where Arizona traded up to select him as the fourth quarterback off the board.

And while Mora has since clarified on 98.7 FM Arizona's Sports Station's Bickley & Marotta that he meant the comment as a compliment, Rosen heard the noise. Analysts and anonymous NFL evaluators questioned the quarterback's tendency to question.

“I ask a lot of questions and the whole ‘why' thing … It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard,” Rosen said while joining Doug & Wolf on Thursday.

“If I was a teacher or I was a coach … I would either, one, think (a student or player) had everything down cold, or two, be very concerned that he's like disinterested. I would want my student or my player — if I was a coach or teacher — to ask questions and figure out what we're doing.”

Rosen's comments were prompted while discussing his relationship with Cardinals starting quarterback Sam Bradford, who has mentored Rosen throughout camp as Arizona prepares for a preseason opener Saturday against the Los Angeles Chargers.

In short, Rosen is grateful his veteran mentor has been an open book while dealing with, admittedly, a lot of questions.

“He's just been really, surprisingly encouraging,” the rookie said of Bradford. “And he's helped me out a ton. Not just saying that to try and sort of … fake it. He's been awesome with me. He's taught me a ton.”

Rosen said Wednesday that the game has simplified as he's grown more comfortable with the playbook over the first few weeks of training camp, but he still has room to develop and evolve within offensive coordinator Mike McCoy's system.

“Biggest thing I like about it is Coach is encouraging us to make it our own,” Rosen told Doug & Wolf. “He wants us to check, he wants us to audible, he wants us to tell us what plays we like, he wants us to put red lines through plays we don't.

“It's definitely a lot of trust. I wasn't doing this at all to start and I'm not really doing … much right now or nearly as much as Sam is.”

Here's a quick rundown about the whirlwind of a life Rosen has led since leaving UCLA and becoming a pro:

“What's been tough about these last couple months is I feel kind of like a nomad,” he said. “Let me backtrack this: we got college, then I went to go live in apartments in Orange County to train; and then you go to the draft and then you come back; and then you go back to school to do pro day for a couple weeks to train and then you have all your visits there; and then you go back to train; and then you're at home a little bit; and then you're at OTAs; and then you're back home and now I'm at camp.

“I'm not even at my apartment — I'm at a hotel. I think next Wednesday I go back to my apartment and finally start to settle down a little bit.”

Don't know if he was criticizing or complimenting Rosen. But I know the press takes a snippet of what someone says and totally blows it up - it's what they do. For example, there are tons of articles out there painting Rosen's 'it's annoying...' comment from the past couple of days as if he's bitching and a bad guy. But if you listen to his comments in their entirety, they sound professional and positive.

From an Arizona-related site:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...rterback-josh-rosen-has-been-lazy/1013305002/

Josh Rosen, still sweaty from practice, was getting peppered with questions about what he might do with a chance to play with the starters against New Orleans on Friday.

His back was against a wall. Literally. And at least a dozen people, most of whom were old enough to be his parents, formed a half circle around him, arms outstretched, holding cameras, boom mics and audio recorders. Inching closer. Staring expectantly.

In any other circumstance, this would have been unconscionable. Imagine if somebody did this to you right after you got off work. Or it happened to your kid. Or your brother. But as a guy who wants to be an NFL quarterback, it's what Josh Rosen signed up for.

What he didn't sign up for was a drive-by renewal of an intellectually lazy criticism from what's supposed to be one of the most respected sports media outlets in the nation, that his “bad body language” shows that he's that he's too smart, too multifaceted, too opinionated, too privileged, too “1 percent” to occupy a space on an NFL roster. But there it was all over the internet to dominate the Phoenix sports news cycle:

“When Rosen tossed up a bad ball or failed in a third-down scenario, he was visibly upset, taking big swings at nothing with a cleated foot and generally looking pretty miserable.”

Flowery language and useless adjectives aside, what does this observation add to a conversation that — as the website SB Nation fittingly pointed out — already includes calling him “spoiled, and entitled, and not made for pro football life”?

It's not my job to defend Josh Rosen, but how about we get off Josh Rosen?

The publication that made or repeated the subjective criticisms, Sports Illustrated, should be better than this, and to expand on the counterargument presented in SB Nation, none of this has anything to do with whether Rosen can complete a pass in the NFL.

Rosen is in the earliest stages of a high-profile, high-pressure career where he'll be judged for success or failure despite those outcomes being wildly dependent on factors outside of his control.

And he knows it.

“You can't really narrow it down to one thing,” he said, considering how to measure the effectiveness of a quarterback's play.

“You can say ‘wins and losses,' but a quarterback can only handle so much. You can say ‘completion percentage,' but where the ball's completed (matters) … You can say all kinds of stuff. I don't think there really is an answer to that. And anyone that, I think, tries to give you an answer, I don't think they're 100 percent correct.”

He's 100 percent correct. Evaluating quarterback play doesn't come down to a simple formula.

“You have to complete the ball,” he said. “You've gotta win games. You have to convert on third downs. If someone threw for 150 yards vs. 300, those 150 could have been very valuable. Stats mean something, but you can't get caught up in them. It's a big conglomeration of a lot of different things that make a quarterback good.”

Exactly. Good quarterback play is like so many other things that are hard to define: You know it when you see it.

Rosen's success or failure depends largely on his offensive line, his coordinator, his receivers – even his opposition.

What Larry Fitzgerald has to say about Rosen...

https://www.abc15.com/sports/larry-fitzgerald-unfair-to-judge-josh-rosen-on-his-rookie-season

We're one month away from the 2019 NFL Draft, and the speculation rages on: Will the Arizona Cardinals stick with quarterback Josh Rosen, or trade him and draft Heisman Trophy-winning QB Kyler Murray with the No. 1 pick?

A number of experts, including ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr., believe the Cards will do the latter: trade Rosen, the Cardinals' 2018 first-round pick, and draft Murray, whom new Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury has singled out for praise on multiple occasions.

But is that the right move?

Yes, the Cardinals went an NFL-worst 3-13 last season, and Rosen started 13 of those games after replacing ineffective veteran QB Sam Bradford. And Rosen's numbers don't exactly stand out: a 55.2 percent completion percentage, 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in his rookie season.

But the former UCLA QB was playing behind an offensive line that was missing all of its season-opening starters by the end of the year, and he had a limited receiving unit that saw fellow rookie Christian Kirk miss the last four games of the season due to injury.

On Tuesday, Cards wide receiver and future Hall of Famer Larry Fitzgerald was asked: Is the criticism directed toward Rosen for his rookie-year performance fair?

"I don't know," he said. "He didn't have all the tools with Christian getting hurt and just a lot of different changes on the offensive line. It's tough to evaluate and really say it was not a successful campaign."

Rosen did have some standout performances last season, including a two-touchdown game in a come-from-behind win over the San Francisco 49ers, and a major-mistake-free performance in a surprise victory at the Green Bay Packers.

"There were games that he played outstanding; there were games that he was getting knocked down a lot," Fitzgerald said. "So, it's unfair to really judge him based on what you saw last year."

As far as what the Cardinals will do with that No. 1 pick? Fitzgerald says he's as in the dark as the rest of us.

"We're all in the dark. But (general manager) Steve Keim is not," Fitzgerald said. "So, if you can get him sitting down somewhere and get him a coffee and maybe some lunch, he might divulge what we're gonna do."

The unfiltered words of his college coach, Jim Mora...

Listen from 3:15 on...

I don't know what QB I want.
I don't spend a lot of time evaluating college QB's.
And part of the reason is, they rarely ever turn out to be the NFL QB, that they were expected to be.
Often much worse, and often much better.
Then it's all that research down the drain.

In order

1. Lock
2. Rosen (3rd rd or later)
3. Best qb available from 5th round on

I don't know what QB I want.
I don't spend a lot of time evaluating college QB's.
And part of the reason is, they rarely ever turn out to be the NFL QB, that they were expected to be.
Often much worse, and often much better.
Then it's all that research down the drain.

Yeah - I feel you on that brother :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.