• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Joint Statement From Bruce Allen/Reuben Foster

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
April 12, 2019

STATEMENT FROM PRESIDENT BRUCE ALLEN

"Everyone in this league is held to a higher standard. Reuben understands that his past actions have led a lot of people to doubt him, and he has committed to doing the work necessary to earn the trust of his teammates, our great fans, and the NFL."

"The Redskins have put in place a comprehensive responsibility and accountability plan to help Reuben be successful on and off the field. Elements of this plan include individual counseling, a structured living arrangement, weekly meetings with the club player engagement director, weekly meetings with our team chaplain, and targeted community service engagements."

"We have been very clear with Reuben that his past does not have to determine his future – but the responsibility is squarely on him to change. Reuben must fully adhere to the plan we have developed for him. Reuben knows that we simply will not tolerate any future conduct that is detrimental to the Washington Redskins organization or to the NFL."

STATEMENT FROM LB REUBEN FOSTER

"I am grateful to the Washington Redskins and the NFL for giving me this second chance. I appreciate the support I have received from the league, my team, and my union to help me succeed. I want to thank Commissioner Goodell for the time that he has spent with me and for his understanding of me as a person. I accept the NFL's decision and want to say that I am truly sorry for my past actions and the people who may have been hurt by them. Going forward, I will follow the plan outlined for me and work hard to earn back the trust of my teammates, the NFL, NFL fans, and the community. I know that my success is all up to me, and I am committed to not letting you down."

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think we shoulda taken a flier on Kareem Hunt, too.

How do you fine a guy two checks without a suspension? Guessing there's nothing about that in the CBA. Brokeback fans will have a field day over this LOL!

I hope he lights up Witten the first chance he gets. That guy convicted him and said he has no place in the NFL. He said this without a single piece of evidence to show he was or wasn't guilty.

As for Foster, whatever did or didn't happen, I hope that his life from here on is better. Even if the only change he needs to make is picking better women, I hope he does better.

How do you fine a guy two checks without a suspension? Guessing there's nothing about that in the CBA. Brokeback fans will have a field day over this LOL!

Reportedly the game fines are for separate issues - not the result of the DV accusations.

If he can keep his nose clean and stay healthy (the only knock on his game) then we've gotten better.

I don't think a whole lot of Bruce as a football guy and even though this move caught the club alot of hell, I thought it was a good gamble at the time. Looks like it paid off.

Now, if they can get lucky enough to have a good edge rusher fall to them at 15...oh boy........

I'm telling you - our defense the past 2 seasons flashed signs of greatness before bigtime injuries hit. We have the makings of an absolutely scary one with the addition of Collins and Foster. Add a great LB and/or edge rusher and we are going to be a D to reckon with.

Unless Drew Lock is sitting there at 15, we should grab Burns and then smile about it. That's where I'm currently at. Just think of all the blitz and stunt packages that front 7 would provide.

Our only real weakness left is FS. I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing Burns in the 1st and then someone like Juan Thornhill in the 2nd (for Boone).

So is Foster slated to take Brown's old position ?
So, our ILB's are basically going to be Foster & Foster ?
Sounds like a legal team.
Ironic, since he probably needed one of those, lately.

Last edited:
If he can keep his nose clean and stay healthy (the only knock on his game) then we've gotten better.

I don't think a whole lot of Bruce as a football guy and even though this move caught the club alot of hell, I thought it was a good gamble at the time. Looks like it paid off.

Now, if they can get lucky enough to have a good edge rusher fall to them at 15...oh boy........

Disagree. He's a liability in coverage and while he has shown flashes of superior scrape and run fit, he's a hothead who lets his emotions get the better of him, a la Vontaze Burfict. I think, though I would love to be proven wrong, that time will show he is as much a detriment as he can potentially be an asset. As Elephant, I believe, said earlier, Kareem Hunt would've been a HUGELY more positive flier. Despite his, err, apparent total insanity regarding the do's and dont's of treating the fairer sex.

Disagree. He's a liability in coverage and while he has shown flashes of superior scrape and run fit, he's a hothead
who lets his emotions get the better of him, a la Vontaze Burfict.

And now his new position coach, Rob Ryan, is known for being a hothead too, so I guess things are gonna get extra steamy with our ILB's, and not just in the training room hot tub.

And now his new position coach, Rob Ryan, is known for being a hothead too, so I guess things are gonna get extra steamy with our ILB's, and not just in the training room hot tub.

Haha, was just thinking about how Ryan is gonna put some more attitude in this defense. Foster's already a hitter, can't wait to see him lay the boom after Ryan has triggered him all week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.