• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

AAF: One Big Clusterf**k

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
What a shame! I watched some good football, average football, and poor football in this league's short existence. It had promise!

I read an article last week that said the league was on the brink of shutting down because they couldn't get the NFL to agree to allow players that were under contract to play in the AAF, so the AAF could not get any better talent on their teams. The sticking point was the injury insurance for these players. Because the league could not get assurances for any injuries, the NFL would not get on board.

Turns out that was a bunch of horse s**t!

There are speculations the league was in need of investors, an investor stepped up to get them through the season, then dropped all backing when he managed to acquire a gaming/sports' betting app that was attached to the league somehow. I have not been able to get enough details to be more informative, just that this is a shady situation and there are a lot of victims (players and coaches), and a lot of lawsuits about to be filed.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/in-a-shocking-turn-of-events-the-aaf-allegedly-****ed-over-a-lot-of-players-coaches-facilities-and-employees

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.