• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's Your NIGHTMARE Draft Scenario?

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Maybe it's a trade up for a certain player, trade downs, failure to fill a certain key position, or a specific player...

What wakes you up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night?

For me - I'm haunted by our 15th pick, and my dire premonition that we may use it to select...

WR D.K. Metcalf

Noooooooo!!!!! You may find this a curious choice, because he's been hyped beyond belief. But trust me - he's Dez Bryant. His *impressive* resume is based on 21 total college games, and he wasn't even the best WR at Ole Miss. Missed large chunks of the season in 2016 and 2018 due to foot and neck injuries. He's raw and has only average hands. Yes - he's big, and physical, and fast, and is capable of jaw-dropping circus catches. But I don't think he's the WR we need.

My concern over the possibility of our taking Metcalf isn't just Metcalf himself - but the fact that there's little historical correlation between drafting 'top' WRs and playoff/Super Bowl success. Yes - it's a passing league - but the idea that you have to have elite WRs to be successful just doesn't hold water.

And of course, there's the Burgundy & Gold curse which has proven over the past 20 years that we simply can't find a great WR in the NFL draft - no matter how hard we try.

What is your draft nightmare?

Drafting Daniel Jones at 15.

Alot of the hype centers on "His coach worked with the Mannings! He has some of Peyton's mannerisms! He's gonna be great like Peyton!"

I've seen this type of hype before. As a kid, who grew up watching Larry Bird in the NBA, when Larry retired, any white guy that could halfway shoot was called the next Bird....and that guy never comes close,never pans out...see:Morrison,Adam as the last example.

Same way with a white runningback that has some power..."OMG...it's Riggo reincarnated!!" Ummm...no.

I think that Jones will be a big bust. No Thank You......

I'm going to take it one step further and say drafting ANY quarterback at 15.

When you take into consideration the state of the franchise right now, we cannot afford to miss on our high picks. There are just too many question marks surrounding some of the QBs that will be there when we are on the clock. On top of that, I question whether any of them will be able to make up for the deficiencies we have elsewhere on the roster and turn us into a winner quickly. This class frankly does not strike me as the type that can carry a franchise on their backs.

Much like the wideout position, it's been a trainwreck of a process trying to find a signal-caller in Washington. I'd much rather take an impact edge rusher or interior offensive lineman and put the franchise in a better position to more effectively insulate a future franchise QB down the road.

The clock is running...…..pick #15...….10 seconds left...…."We have a trade".

The clock is running...…..pick #23...….our new spot...…..8 seconds left...….."We have a trade".

The clock is running...…..pick #32......our new spot...…..5 seconds left...……"we have a trade".

Great! I've stayed up late for nothing!

Sure, we now have 4 #1's, next year. When we'll draft 4 QB's. Who will all be busts!.

There's your friggin nightmare!!!!!!

I'm going to take it one step further and say drafting ANY quarterback at 15.

When you take into consideration the state of the franchise right now, we cannot afford to miss on our high picks. There are just too many question marks surrounding some of the QBs that will be there when we are on the clock. On top of that, I question whether any of them will be able to make up for the deficiencies we have elsewhere on the roster and turn us into a winner quickly. This class frankly does not strike me as the type that can carry a franchise on their backs.

Much like the wideout position, it's been a trainwreck of a process trying to find a signal-caller in Washington. I'd much rather take an impact edge rusher or interior offensive lineman and put the franchise in a better position to more effectively insulate a future franchise QB down the road.

This is totally just a gut feeling. But I think we're going after Rosen, and the team is handling it pretty smartly having created a lot of noise suggesting they move up and draft Haskins. LaCanfora, who is the guy suggesting they are 'sniffing around' moving up to pick #3 , almost never breaks accurate Skins news. I'm thinking someone with the team fed him that rumor with the express purpose of giving the Skins leverage in an effort to get Rosen. Just my own little conspiracy theory.

As far as your point - I agree that we can't afford to miss with a high pick, but if we don't nab Rosen I feel it's essential we go QB with one of the first 2 picks. The difference between drafting QB vs. WR there is that, unlike with WRs, history shows you can't consistently win without a top talent at that position so it's worth the risk.

Anyone not named TJ Hockenson!

I keed, I keed!

Trading up to snag a QB would be the worst possible scenario. You'd think we learned our lesson 7 years ago.

Any scenario that involves trading away picks to move up. We always get burnt on trade ups.

1. Trading away the future for Murray or Haskins

1-a. Not picking up interior o-line within the 1st three rounds.

1. Trading up - unless it's for a sure fire, sure to dominate for the next 10 years edge rusher or LB.

2. Drafting QB in the first round - no top talent there.

Trading up. I am starting to feel a trade down is the way to go.

The door to the Redskins War Room opens.....

"Jay,Doug,Kyle,Bruce...get out! It's time for me to take the wheel once more....." screen-shot-2013-10-24-at-9-46-29-am.jpg

:aargh4:

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Well...

I dunno from draft nightmares, but reading my brothers cogent posts just now has likely given me one hell of a bad trip soon as i shut it down tonight. Err, thanks B. I think - /q

My nightmare is Danny being involved with the draft, then not acknowledging any of the failures with said draftees. With his involvement, it's his choice, like it or lump it, even though someone else calls it. He makes ALL the choices, none make the 53-man roster but he doesn't acknowledge he chose the draftees.

If the Skins truly want the franchise QB of the future in this off-season, don't make it happen in the draft. Just get Josh Rosen for one pick or one pick and a player. Don't trade a bunch of picks in this draft just to move up and get a QB. Rosen will cost far less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.