A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Is it August yet?

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Default What's Your NIGHTMARE Draft Scenario?

Maybe it's a trade up for a certain player, trade downs, failure to fill a certain key position, or a specific player...

What wakes you up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night?

For me - I'm haunted by our 15th pick, and my dire premonition that we may use it to select...

WR D.K. Metcalf

Noooooooo!!!!! You may find this a curious choice, because he's been hyped beyond belief. But trust me - he's Dez Bryant. His *impressive* resume is based on 21 total college games, and he wasn't even the best WR at Ole Miss. Missed large chunks of the season in 2016 and 2018 due to foot and neck injuries. He's raw and has only average hands. Yes - he's big, and physical, and fast, and is capable of jaw-dropping circus catches. But I don't think he's the WR we need.

My concern over the possibility of our taking Metcalf isn't just Metcalf himself - but the fact that there's little historical correlation between drafting 'top' WRs and playoff/Super Bowl success. Yes - it's a passing league - but the idea that you have to have elite WRs to be successful just doesn't hold water.

And of course, there's the Burgundy & Gold curse which has proven over the past 20 years that we simply can't find a great WR in the NFL draft - no matter how hard we try.

What is your draft nightmare?
    0 0 0 0

You ain't bonafide

NFL Pickem Champion 2015

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Default Re: What's Your NIGHTMARE Draft Scenario?

Drafting Daniel Jones at 15.

Alot of the hype centers on "His coach worked with the Mannings! He has some of Peyton's mannerisms! He's gonna be great like Peyton!"

I've seen this type of hype before. As a kid, who grew up watching Larry Bird in the NBA, when Larry retired, any white guy that could halfway shoot was called the next Bird....and that guy never comes close,never pans out...see:Morrison,Adam as the last example.

Same way with a white runningback that has some power..."OMG...it's Riggo reincarnated!!" Ummm...no.

I think that Jones will be a big bust. No Thank You......
    0 0 0 0

BGO Survivor Champ 2015

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'm going to take it one step further and say drafting ANY quarterback at 15.

When you take into consideration the state of the franchise right now, we cannot afford to miss on our high picks. There are just too many question marks surrounding some of the QBs that will be there when we are on the clock. On top of that, I question whether any of them will be able to make up for the deficiencies we have elsewhere on the roster and turn us into a winner quickly. This class frankly does not strike me as the type that can carry a franchise on their backs.

Much like the wideout position, it's been a trainwreck of a process trying to find a signal-caller in Washington. I'd much rather take an impact edge rusher or interior offensive lineman and put the franchise in a better position to more effectively insulate a future franchise QB down the road.
    0 2 0 0

BGObsessed
    I live in the warmest city in the coldest province
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UTEP

we have never shown the ability to find qbs in the late rounds under danny, so unless its a lock qb i dont want to waste the pick when we might get a starter at a position
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

The clock is running...…..pick #15...….10 seconds left...…."We have a trade".

The clock is running...…..pick #23...….our new spot...…..8 seconds left...….."We have a trade".

The clock is running...…..pick #32......our new spot...…..5 seconds left...……"we have a trade".

Great! I've stayed up late for nothing!

Sure, we now have 4 #1's, next year. When we'll draft 4 QB's. Who will all be busts!.

There's your friggin nightmare!!!!!!
    0 1 0 0

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Hog View Post
    I'm going to take it one step further and say drafting ANY quarterback at 15.

When you take into consideration the state of the franchise right now, we cannot afford to miss on our high picks. There are just too many question marks surrounding some of the QBs that will be there when we are on the clock. On top of that, I question whether any of them will be able to make up for the deficiencies we have elsewhere on the roster and turn us into a winner quickly. This class frankly does not strike me as the type that can carry a franchise on their backs.

Much like the wideout position, it's been a trainwreck of a process trying to find a signal-caller in Washington. I'd much rather take an impact edge rusher or interior offensive lineman and put the franchise in a better position to more effectively insulate a future franchise QB down the road.
    This is totally just a gut feeling. But I think we're going after Rosen, and the team is handling it pretty smartly having created a lot of noise suggesting they move up and draft Haskins. LaCanfora, who is the guy suggesting they are 'sniffing around' moving up to pick #3 , almost never breaks accurate Skins news. I'm thinking someone with the team fed him that rumor with the express purpose of giving the Skins leverage in an effort to get Rosen. Just my own little conspiracy theory.

As far as your point - I agree that we can't afford to miss with a high pick, but if we don't nab Rosen I feel it's essential we go QB with one of the first 2 picks. The difference between drafting QB vs. WR there is that, unlike with WRs, history shows you can't consistently win without a top talent at that position so it's worth the risk.
    0 0 0 0

You ain't bonafide

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Florida State

Anyone not named TJ Hockenson!

I keed, I keed!

Trading up to snag a QB would be the worst possible scenario. You'd think we learned our lesson 7 years ago.
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Air Force

Any scenario that involves trading away picks to move up. We always get burnt on trade ups.

1. Trading away the future for Murray or Haskins

1-a. Not picking up interior o-line within the 1st three rounds.
    0 0 0 0

“A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - George Patton

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1. Trading up - unless it's for a sure fire, sure to dominate for the next 10 years edge rusher or LB.

2. Drafting QB in the first round - no top talent there.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Trading up. I am starting to feel a trade down is the way to go.
    0 0 0 0

NFL Pickem Champion 2015

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

The door to the Redskins War Room opens.....

"Jay,Doug,Kyle,Bruce...get out! It's time for me to take the wheel once more....."screen-shot-2013-10-24-at-9-46-29-am.jpg

0 2 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    0 2 0 0

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by DieselPwr44 View Post
    The door to the Redskins War Room opens.....

"Jay,Doug,Kyle,Bruce...get out! It's time for me to take the wheel once more....."screen-shot-2013-10-24-at-9-46-29-am.jpg

or

Dan: "Get out bitches, V & I got this"

download.jpg
    0 1 0 0

“A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - George Patton

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well...

I dunno from draft nightmares, but reading my brothers cogent posts just now has likely given me one hell of a bad trip soon as i shut it down tonight. Err, thanks B. I think - /q
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

My nightmare is Danny being involved with the draft, then not acknowledging any of the failures with said draftees. With his involvement, it's his choice, like it or lump it, even though someone else calls it. He makes ALL the choices, none make the 53-man roster but he doesn't acknowledge he chose the draftees.
    0 0 0 0

Why should I get out of bed at 4am just to watch us lose?

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

If the Skins truly want the franchise QB of the future in this off-season, don't make it happen in the draft. Just get Josh Rosen for one pick or one pick and a player. Don't trade a bunch of picks in this draft just to move up and get a QB. Rosen will cost far less.
    0 1 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

BGObsessed
    I live in the warmest city in the coldest province
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UTEP

ive been looking at some possible mid round qbs, Grier looks like a terrible pick, weak arm no velocity, throws a ton of 5050 balls, so we will probably draft him
    0 0 0 0