• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Give us your WR upgrade plan for 2019.

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Here are your choices. They might not be all the choices, but I hope to include most of the logical ones.

1: Draft D.K. Metcalf with the 15th pick in the draft. Despite him being called a less than polished route runner, his abilities are too great to ignore.

2: Draft Marquise Brown with the 15th pick in the draft. He reminds you too much of his cousin Antonio, to pass up.

3: Trade back to later in the 1st round and draft one of these players. A.J. Brown, Parris Campbell, NKeal Harry.
With trading back, we pick up another second round pick, but lose out on that player like a Brian Burns, one of the 2 top wr prospects, etc.

4: Same scenario as 3, except do not draft the wr late in round one. Instead wait until round 2 to draft someone like Deebo Samuel, Riley Ridley, or maybe Campbell, or Harry drop. Use the pick late in round one for another need, but draft the wr in round 2.

5: Stay put at 15, and draft the top wr on your board in round 2. You have a specific player in mind, or you are confident that there are several impact players that will be available that we can not pass up.

6: We have bigger needs in rounds 1 and 2, and there are sleepers available that will be very good wrs.
Let us know who is the next Stephon Diggs or Adam Theilen please!

7: Something else. lol

Build up the Oline. Gotta keep whoever is under center, upright.
This allows us to lean more on the running game, as well. Taking more pressure off the passing game.
Bring in a veteran WR to help guide the children.
Draft WR's in the 3rd rd that will be pissed off, and want to prove they should have been picked in the 1st.

College performance means little after draft day.

TJ Hockenson is a better receiver than any of the ones mentioned in this thread, plus he can block better.

TJ Hockenson is a better receiver than any of the ones mentioned in this thread, plus he can block better.

I agree with this. In today's game, a TE like this is more valuable than a WR. They do need to draft a good WR and could possibly get that later. But really, getting a game changing pass catcher is the goal. Hockenson fits that if he makes it to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than quarterbacks edge rushers are the hardest commodity to find and the most costly.

So, I would not try and fight the draft board but go with the flow of talent and take an OLB to replace Preston Smith.

Ryan Anderson doesn't have the speed and athleticism to be a top rusher.

To me he looks like a strong side LB in a 4-3 defense.

As for WR, I would start looking in Round 2.

I also would like to move guys like Quick off the roster ahead of the summer by signing a veteran like Dallas did with Cobb.

Other than quarterbacks edge rushers are the hardest commodity to find and the most costly.

So, I would not try and fight the draft board but go with the flow of talent and take an OLB to replace Preston Smith.

Ryan Anderson doesn't have the speed and athleticism to be a top rusher.

To me he looks like a strong side LB in a 4-3 defense.

As for WR, I would start looking in Round 2.

I also would like to move guys like Quick off the roster ahead of the summer by signing a veteran like Dallas did with Cobb.

Good plans!

you take bpa focusing on O and D line with edge rusher and Oline being the priority. then you draft a wr in the mid rounds and look for free agent bargains, then next year when we draft a QB you try to get at least one stud reciever in free agency so that our new qb has a safety blanket to go with his stud oline and defence that takes pressure off him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.