• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Sign T Ereck Flowers

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
March 18, 2018

REDSKINS SIGN T ERECK FLOWERS

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed unrestricted free agent tackle Ereck Flowers. Full terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Flowers (6-6, 334) was originally drafted by the New York Giants in the first round (No. 9 overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft. He has appeared in 59 career regular season games with 55 starts.

Last season, Flowers played in 13 games and started nine games in which he appeared. He opened the season with the Giants before signing with the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 6.

In his first three seasons with the Giants from 2014-17, he started all 46 games in which he appeared, helping New York average 339.0 yards per game in those three years.

Flowers played collegiately at the University of Miami from 2012-14, appearing in 38 career games with 28 starts. He was selected All-Atlantic Coast Conference by the league's coaches and the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association.

Flowers, 24, attended Norland H.S. in Miami, Fla., where he helped lead the Vikings to an undefeated record (15-0) and a Class 5A football state championship. He was born on April 25, 1994.

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of Skins fans hyperventilating over this pickup, but here's the thing:

1) Former 9th pick in the draft
2) Big big body
3) Likely starter at left guard
4) We have one of the best OL coaches in the league

Critics will rightfully point to his poor performance at tackle. But I'd point out that there are tons of players who can't make the transition to NFL tackle but who thrive at the guard spot. If Flowers turns out to be one of them we just got a steal.

If not, he's on a 1 year deal and probably for less than the reported $4 million.

The move may fill that need for the short term and allow us to focus on other critical positions in the draft.

Doc Walker seems to be the only one who agrees with me out there :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't see the problem. We get a close up look at a guy with size, and ability, to see if he could fill the hole at LG. If he can't, it'll cost us a bag of peanuts.

If he can, we get an upgrade at LG, finally, for a bag of peanuts.

Win, win.

He needs a lot of work.

No problem with signing as project but why pay $4M for a guy that got released and didn't seem to have a strong market?

Also the team should have added an option for 2020 in case Callahan does turn him around.

Right now we are potentially coaching him up for another team next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.